Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Lol WTF, every two-bit wannabe "news" outlet is going to town on this story. They all sum it up super shittily and make their own accusations to make Jeep and the Gladiator look bad as if we can't go through mud lol.
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Well, the speed limit is the fastest one should go on a road. You are expected to drive slower to maintain safe conditions. Just like when it rains and snows, you slow down in muddy/rutted conditions.

Yes, some of the roads get interesting. But they ARE roads and people do use them to get from A to B because the paved roads can take longer to get to places. And there are still technically small towns that the only way to g et to them is by rutted roads or creeks. My father-in-law has control of a bit of property where the only legal right of entry is going down a creek.
Exactly my point...even traveling these roads cautiously will lead to the same situation as the OP. It seems like the OP's situation was mainly caused by the original dealer getting ticked off about her leaving so he boned her (so to speak) in the system. Easily could have gone the other way if OP had gone to second dealer first. Whole situation is WAY too subjective...

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you folks clean mud from the underside? Like driving as pictured by myself and others gets mud UP there. Do you raise it on jacks? I have had a modicum of success with using ramps

There's no hiding the dents and scrapes to my skids and marks on the frame. I guess I'll just have to say those happened a long time ago and not related to any potential future (hopefully never) issue
Get lawn sprinklers and put them under the vehicle for awhile running full blast. It helps some times. :like: depending on the type of mud all bets off on clay but works better for silt mud. Ramps help too for water to run off.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
What if it was to happen on a badge of honor trail? Does Jeep have disclaimers on those? I’m sure they do, but if I recall those trails in the South have deep mud.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This hit the national news feed I got it yesterday on AP. That sure ought to do something. I bet fomoco loves this!
Yeah, I expected that as when you send your gripe - at least your side - to blogs and make sure it gets posted to forums and sent to bloggers looking for stories, it will keep moving up.
You could tell from the beginning this was going to be pushed and pushed hard. And still to this day, this hour, we have only part of the story.

Love it how people choose up sides when all they have is sketchy info at best.
Sort of like the lynch mobs of yesteryear. GUILTY!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
L

Like I stated, this is completely subjective, at this point. Trophy truck and stupidity are how you view that operation of a jeep. I have seen numerous farm vehicles do that on a weekly basis, some playing some trying to get back home. At the end of the day the machine is advertised as off pavement ready. If your gonna put stipulations on that..... that is fine but make it clear, and if you don't, be ready to work with your customer and help educate them and your company. Also wholesaling the entire vehicle warranty due to one event is pretty egregious. Are his seat belts now compromised?
That was the one dealer. And we still don't have the full story or full outcome.
He/she said - but no other he said.
For all we know FCA is in talks and will back down. Do we have any updates? Do we have any sworn statements? Just what a dealer did.

I think they are trying to settle it via public opinion, and not the right ways, IMO - based on total lack of evidence from either side.

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Maybe this guy should have filed a warranty claim for a defective air bag and faulty suspension. Some people forgot to get in the intelligence line when they were handing out brains.

I never get tired of watching this!

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I expected that as when you send your gripe - at least your side - to blogs and make sure it gets posted to forums and sent to bloggers looking for stories, it will keep moving up.
You could tell from the beginning this was going to be pushed and pushed hard. And still to this day, this hour, we have only part of the story.

Love it how people choose up sides when all they have is sketchy info at best.
Sort of like the lynch mobs of yesteryear. GUILTY!
That’s how “news” works today. It’s all about clickbait to make ad money. Facts and journalistic integrity be damned.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Maybe this guy should have filed a warranty claim for a defective air bag and faulty suspension. Some people forgot to get in the intelligence line when they were handing out brains.

But it can be done right. Not nearly as much air though

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
TV/Film Sound Utility Technician
With no offense, there are a couple weird comments in your post.
Why did you buy a Jeep with mud tires you did not want?
You said 2H engaged on the freeway. You supposed to be in 2H on the freeway.
I have owned many Jeeps in my life and every year I run the Rubicon Trail in my Wrangler. Yes my Gladiator is Trail rated, but I wouldn't expect Jeep to cover the warranty if I try to cross the Rubicon doing 20 miles an hour.

Obviously I don't know the whole story, but as many others have mentioned, I think you abused the Jeep you didn't want. ?
I bought the Jeep with M/T because you can change the tires super easily. This Jeep was a fully loaded Rubicon with many upgrades that aren't possible to add after market. That's why I forgave the tire choice.
I'm saying the lockers engaged on the freeway in 2H...Lockers only should be engaging in 4L

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
TV/Film Sound Utility Technician
I so appreciate all of these comments, thoughts, concerns, questions and the fact that this seems to be getting lots of press.

I KNOW that plowing through the mud was a mistake. I understand that killing the alternator also messed up the batteries. I was not going 3MPH in the mud. This is my first Jeep and I did what I thought it could handle. Also this happened at a state regulated off-roading park called Hungry Valley in Gorman, CA.

I LOVE this truck so much and I am not getting rid of it. I posted this to get opinions and I got that. I also wanted people to be aware of this situation for their own personal sake to maybe avoid this happening to them.

I think that Jeep can make this right by keeping the restriction on my engine but not voiding out the entire vehicle warranty. The rear axle issue is COMMON...that is my point. The amount of people that have had to have their rear axle replaced under warranty is a lot. Jeep needs to issue a TSB for the rear axle.

Also there are TOO MANY threads about the batteries being faulty and noticing it when the start/stop system doesn't work. Jeep needs to fix this for all of us!

Also HUGE shoutout to Z automotive for the $180 Z Locker OEM cable that fixed my rear axle. Thank you thank you thank you.

Thank you again...also I'm not a dude. I'm a chick.

Last edited:

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I so appreciate all of these comments, thoughts, concerns, questions and the fact that this seems to be getting lots of press.

I KNOW that plowing through the mud was a mistake. I understand that killing the alternator also messed up the batteries. Yes I was not going 3MPH in the mud, This is my first Jeep and I did what I thought it could handle. This happened at Hungry Valley in Gorman, CA at a state regulated off roading park.

I LOVE this truck so much and I am not getting rid of it. Unless Jeep wants to replace if, haha. I posted this to get opinions and I got that. I also wanted people to be aware of this situation for their own personal sake to maybe avoid this happening to them.

I think that Jeep can make this right by keeping the restriction on my engine but not voiding out the entire vehicle warrenty. The rear axle issue is COMMON...that is my point. The amount of people that have had to have their rear axle replaced under warranty is a lot. Jeep needs to issue a TSB for the rear axle.

Nice post. I feel for you. Here you are a new female jeep owner, new to the club, and the dealer treats you like Johnny Knoxville. I live nearby, and I know exactly where that little mud puddle is in Hungry Valley. It really is a joke, only a few inches of mud water in a very dry Southern California. Actually, I am still shocked that puddle killed your jeep. Your request is reasonable. Note: My pic from post #168 in this thread is also from Hungry Valley, just after a rain, Pre-Covid.

noloc45

First Name
GC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited

I KNOW that plowing through the mud was a mistake. I understand that killing the alternator also messed up the batteries. I was not going 3MPH in the mud. This is my first Jeep and I did what I thought it could handle. Also this happened at a state regulated off-roading park called Hungry Valley in Gorman, CA.

I LOVE this truck so much and I am not getting rid of it. I posted this to get opinions and I got that. I also wanted people to be aware of this situation for their own personal sake to maybe avoid this happening to them.

I think that Jeep can make this right by keeping the restriction on my engine but not voiding out the entire vehicle warranty. The rear axle issue is COMMON...that is my point. The amount of people that have had to have their rear axle replaced under warranty is a lot. Jeep needs to issue a TSB for the rear axle.

Also there are TOO MANY threads about the batteries being faulty and noticing it when the start/stop system doesn't work. Jeep needs to fix this for all of us!

To OP....

I recently had something similar happen to my 2019 Rubicon Unlimited. I post in the jlwranglerforums...

I do VERY light trails because I live in Florida and theres nothing too extreme to do here. That being said, at some point my lockers we're engaging on their own according to my dash. If I tried pressing the button to turn them off nothing would happen. We're they actually locked? Not sure.

I took it to the dealer, the dealer said there was infact an issue but it couldnt really be pinpointed but they replaced my entire rear axle under warranty, no issues.

The service tech did tell me though "its obvious that youve taken it offroading and there was a lot of dirt/mud on the connectors. I would say next time thoroughly wash your truck so no evidence of offroading is seen"

Thats a HUGE load of BS. And my friendly forum agrees. Its a truck marketed completely for the offroading community.

That being said...i will also through this in...when I ordered my truck and picked up. I did a test drive first. Going down the road, a sudden "rattling" sound appeared and went away after 3 seconds or so. Happened a few times.

I told them I wasnt buying unless it was resolved. They took it back and did their thing for about a week. They told me it was something loose in the axle, blah blah blah. Cant remember. Anyway, they tightened up whatever it was. And all was good...until I had the random locker light issue MONTHS down the road. I bought in March 2019 I believe i had the axle replaced maybe a year later?

Hope that may help you.