Sponsored

Contacted by Jeep Brand -- What would you do?

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
  • Banned
✌

I recently posted the picture below, in the "Show me your furry Co-Pilots" thread.

It was also posted on my Instagram account with various hashtags involving Australian Shepherds, and Jeeps. The Jeep Brand contacted me and has requested to use the image in social medial platforms throughout the world, possibly multiple times, for an indefinite period time. They will give me credit, but cannot offer me payment at this time.

To be honest, it is pretty damn cool... But, as my buddy who owns a JL Rubi said to me - "they could at least toss you some grab handles, or something."

What would you do?

Jeep Gladiator Contacted by Jeep Brand  -- What would you do? Screenshot_20210609-113104_Instagram
Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
It’s just a photo and will be a cool story. My vote is to just say yes.

If the Jeep Social Media he/she/they/whatever has any swag to give out they will probably do it after you say yes but I wouldn’t count on it.

Last edited:

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
I’d reply with “as you can see in the picture, my favorite hat has seen better days. In exchange for allowing you to use my photo for promotional purposes, I respectfully request a new Jeep hat to replace my old, worn out one. I believe this to be mutually beneficial to both parties. Do that, and we have a deal.”

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
$$$$$$$$ if they want it that bad. Shit kick down the Jeep! If it's beneficial for them it outa be mutual! No reason not to get something out of it.

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
It's cool they asked. Nice photo. Personally I wouldn't give a conditional yes when they have already stated they will not compensate. If it's frustrating that you will not be compensated, politely decline. Otherwise, go for it. Cool story and who knows what might come from it.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
They are gonna use at as promo to make money for a hashtag share? Pass. #NotAWhore

You got a boiler plate response, go on with your day and don't think about it again.

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
FWIW... I'd reply, something to the effect;

"Kindly Sir or Ma'am, I would be honored to have my photo used by the Jeep brand in a positive way".
Include your contact information and expect you and your pooch to be recognized at Jeep events if they use it widely. You might see your poster in a Jeep dealer's showroom. You could make new friends, maybe even powerful friends. Maybe a modeling contract.

Humbly do positive.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
They’re doing this to take money and giving nothing in return. That’s a tough one.
Sponsored