Sponsored

Anyone attempt a Sport S to Mojave build?

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
So before everyone asks why not just buy a Mojave......the looks of a Mojave are remarkable, but pricey! And if you like the looks, but don't need a desert runner.....a few additions to the Sport S can showcase the highlights of the Mojave (appearance wise obviously). For instance a simple upgrade from stock Sport S wheels to Mojave stock wheels. To include upgrading to orange tow hooks, Mojave jeep emblems, and upgrading hood. I was just curious if anyone else has tried this or not, if so please post pictures. I'm thick skinned so if you hate the idea feel free to comment how you feel. I just think it'd be fun to see how cheap this could be done and how close the sport s appearance can try and resemble the Mojave. I'll post pictures once I start the conversion! Thanks.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
You mentioned upgrading the hood, you might find something aftermarket that looks close, but a factory Mojave hood only fits Mojave, you have to swap out a lot more than just the hood. Other than that it should be fairly straightforward if just for looks like you mentioned.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Similar boat here. I'm not trying to convert to mojave specifically, but mine will end up being a true dual-sport build that drives just as good on the street as it does on the trail. Already have: 1" front spacer only (keeping suspension lower) falcon sp2 2.1 shocks, hellwig rear sway bar, mopar front lower control arms, k&n filter, and borla s-type exhaust with aev savegre wheels and 33" KO2 tires. It drives dramatically better than oem

mopar intake is ordered and soon to order mopar fenders (rubicon/mojave fenders). When mopar fenders go on, i'll be switching to 35" KO2's and that'll be mostly done (we're never completely done - addicts aren't quitters)

i wish the teraflex delta big brakes cleared my savegres but according to the template, they won't. But somebody doing a performance build would probably want to add at least the front delta brake kit to their list. If i get weak and can part with my savegres, i'll be picking a wheel that will clear those brakes

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Lol I actually love everything about the Mojave but the styling. If it wasn't overly orange and in your face I would get it over the Rubicon. Maybe someone else on here agrees and you can do a full swap of the aesthetic bits.

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
You mentioned upgrading the hood, you might find something aftermarket that looks close, but a factory Mojave hood only fits Mojave, you have to swap out a lot more than just the hood. Other than that it should be fairly straightforward if just for looks like you mentioned.
Thanks for the input. I've done a little research and you are correct! The hood itself will not fit directly without the hood mounting brackets the hood attaches to (obviously). If the hood is purchased directly from Mopar it actually comes with the mounting brackets required for direct install! Now it's rather expensive considering it'll have to also be professionally painted. But after that component there's not much else to be done.

Sponsored

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Nevermind all that, just realized you're talking about looks :CWL: well the fender thing is applicable

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
Similar boat here. I'm not trying to convert to mojave specifically, but mine will end up being a true dual-sport build that drives just as good on the street as it does on the trail. Already have: 1" front spacer only (keeping suspension lower) falcon sp2 2.1 shocks, hellwig rear sway bar, mopar front lower control arms, k&n filter, and borla s-type exhaust with aev savegre wheels and 33" KO2 tires. It drives dramatically better than oem

mopar intake is ordered and soon to order mopar fenders (rubicon/mojave fenders). When mopar fenders go on, i'll be switching to 35" KO2's and that'll be mostly done (we're never completely done - addicts aren't quitters)

i wish the teraflex delta big brakes cleared my savegres but according to the template, they won't. But somebody doing a performance build would probably want to add at least the front delta brake kit to their list. If i get weak and can part with my savegres, i'll be picking a wheel that will clear those brakes
Oh nice build! Yeah you'll have to post pictures once you get your Rubi flares so you can throw on those tires. Sounds like your gladiator will be more than capable in both scenarios.

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
Nevermind all that, just realized you're talking about looks :CWL: well the fender thing is applicable
Hahaha no worries. The moment I read your first three sentences I was like this isn't what I was talking about. But hey i don't mind one bit.

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
Lol I actually love everything about the Mojave but the styling. If it wasn't overly orange and in your face I would get it over the Rubicon. Maybe someone else on here agrees and you can do a full swap of the aesthetic bits.
Haha yeah I've actually seen people on this forum want to swap Mojave hoods for sport hoods. Now this is extremely rare, not to mention then matching the color of hoods!

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
WRONG! I bought a Mojave and swapped it with my friend's new Wrangler JL Sport hood. Well, the dealership we both bought at swapped our hoods. Took them about 40 minutes. Hoods require swapping the cowls, too. But that was super easy as well.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Haha yeah I've actually seen people on this forum want to swap Mojave hoods for sport hoods. Now this is extremely rare, not to mention then matching the color of hoods!
Hey! That was me! I did the swap and love my new Sport hood on my Mojave!

I think the hardest thing to add to a Sport to make it a Mojave would be the frame reinforcements.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37

I think the hardest thing to add to a Sport to make it a Mojave would be the frame reinforcements.
Adding frame reinforcements would tip into "just get a Mojave"

I am, in a few weeks, getting a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires to put on my Sport S, which will be downright good enough for me for what I want.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
WRONG! I bought a Mojave and swapped it with my friend's new Wrangler JL Sport hood. Well, the dealership we both bought at swapped our hoods. Took them about 40 minutes. Hoods require swapping the cowls, too. But that was super easy as well.
Yup I'm wrong. I said you'll have to swap more than the hood, thanks for correcting me. I'm wrong. It takes 40 minutes and it's easy. I have a Mojave and never did it. Sorry for my misinformation, I apologize.

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
Adding frame reinforcements would tip into "just get a Mojave"

I am, in a few weeks, getting a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires to put on my Sport S, which will be downright good enough for me for what I want.
I completely agree. Wheels and tires make a huge difference. Especially when the outside appearance of a sport and Mojave are fairly similar from the cockpit back to the tailgate!

OP
OP
Mr.Gladiator

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator

Awesome. Wouldn’t think about the Mojave hood going on a 2 door wrangler. Any pictures of the swap?
Sponsored