First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
He builds that 1% financing into the normal quote breakdown. Are you sure it was extra?

So what was your final interest then? Assuming excellent credit score.
There must be some confusion. What I was saying is that his deal with the extra 1% for using his financing plus the additional 1K rebate for using Chrysler financing ended up being a better deal than using 2.99% with a local credit union and better than him matching that even with the 8%. It was about $500 less over the life of the loan but I figured I can always pay the principal down and save on financing in the long run saving even more.

3.41% was with Chrysler. I don’t really know what excellent is but I know I’m around a 760. I think I’m a tier below that but I’m working on it.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Yeah for the best offers you have to be above 781.

I showed my sales guy I was approved to pay in full with my AMEX card today......he shook his head and said, well you're good to go lol

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

I showed my sales guy I was approved to pay in full with my AMEX card today......he shook his head and said, well you're good to go lol
Definitely would have taken a better offer lol but it’s not too bad. Financing 15K less than the MSRP is crazy lol.

Last edited:

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor

When you guys are talking credit scores are you talking your normal credit score(s) (equifax, trans union, experian) or specifically your FICO Auto credit scores? As i understand it most dealerships use FICO auto 8 credit score when checking credit. Any thoughts on this?

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When you guys are talking credit scores are you talking your normal credit score(s) (equifax, trans union, experian) or specifically your FICO Auto credit scores? As i understand it most dealerships use FICO auto 8 credit score when checking credit. Any thoughts on this?
My FICO scores are online with my credit scores.......but we know it's a mixed bag

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
My FICO scores are online with my credit scores.......but we know it's a mixed bag
Well for Instance my credit score is a 790 (experian), but my fico auto 8 is like 745. So when people are talking about what score got them what financing i was wondering if they mean their auto 8 score or just their overall score in general. I purchased the fico credit score thing where you see your general scores, your auto scores, and your mortgage scores.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I honestly couldn’t tell you. The credit union just told me that in an email.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I honestly couldn’t tell you. The credit union just told me that in an email.
I know its kind of confusing, when i talked to a credit union they use the regular credit score and go with experians rating. But dealerships im told use FICO auto 8 score. Ill email Gupton tomorrow and ask him what score he uses lol i dont know why i didnt just think of that in the first place. Me no smart.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah my FICO 8 ranges between 776-794, the lack of consistency between the 3 credit bureaus is rediculous

Sponsored

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Yeah my FICO 8 ranges between 776-794, the lack of consistency between the 3 credit bureaus is rediculous
Thanks, damn your doing good! The Mojave i ordered will be my first new car purchase so my Auto 8 score is not what it could be. As long as the financing is fair ill just take it and build my score. I hear you on the scores being all over the place. Some of the info they have for me makes no sense lol.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
The fact that Daniel gets dozens of emails daily, somehow finds time to respond to 98% of them, and keeps a smiling and happy demeanor through every one is astonishing. The guy deserves more credit than he gets.

There's no way I could deal with that many people asking Jeep questions every single day the way he does.
They wouldn’t do it if they weren’t making a nice profit annually.

Daniel let me know today that my delivery window is now 9/27-10/11 pushed back from a ship date of 9/16. I have the build sheet but no window sticker at this point so I am thinking it may be on the back half of that estimate. My garage continues to fill with Mods itching to get out of their boxes. I am never allowed to complain about my wife's amazon boxes again!

I had to stop buying parts because my office is all boxes at this point.
Awesome deal.......hoping I can chime in with my deal tomorrow afternoon
Please do, let us know if there are any other incentives happening.

There should be a $500 one aside from the other basics from Gupton.

Last edited:

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
My other car was paid in full and my credit dropped like 40 points because the account is closed.

I’m sure I’ll get a less than favorable APR on Monday but I can flip capital, paying in full is a waste of liquid capital imo.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My other car was paid in full and my credit dropped like 40 points because the account is closed.

I’m sure I’ll get a less than favorable APR on Monday but I can flip capital, paying in full is a waste of liquid capital imo.
Yes waste of capital for sure. I'll use the banks money at 2.72 and use my capital to make 10-42% interest in the markets

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Yes waste of capital for sure. I'll use the banks money at 2.72 and use my capital to make 10-42% interest in the markets
You get it 👍🏽
Sponsored