Are we going to see a 392 JT?

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
Just curious what the general thought is about this. A 392 JT would most likely have me trading in my JTR.
I'd love the power of a diesel without the overheating, leaks and unknown longevity issues
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Absolutely not. Hemis are dead, their focus will shift to prepping the platform for the new I6T.
I don't know that I'd even count on that.
Electrification, either hybrid or full electric, will probably be the next change.

Kevin

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scratch

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
That's my thought as well. The competition from the bronco and what may be coming out in the bronco may drive some innovation in the JT. I think we'll see some better hybrid technology, but what we have now is not going to be it. I have a relatively short commute of about 15 mi one way in the hills. There's no way I can do a 4XE in electric mode even for that short commute. Jeep electric and hybrid technology needs a lot of work still.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
That's my thought as well. The competition from the bronco and what may be coming out in the bronco may drive some innovation in the JT. I think we'll see some better hybrid technology, but what we have now is not going to be it. I have a relatively short commute of about 15 mi one way in the hills. There's no way I can do a 4XE in electric mode even for that short commute. Jeep electric and hybrid technology needs a lot of work still.
Oh yeah. I still can't believe that the 4xE apparently requires the ICE to run to keep fluids in the right operating temp range - so even if your commute is less than the full electric range, the engine will still be cutting on and off, and if it's cold out - you won't be doing full electric at all.

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I'm still skeptical about the Inline 6. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Inline 6 engines. I just don't think Jeep will be able to get the MPGs necessary to be compliant. That's why they went away before.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I don't think they look at the Bronco as a competitor for the JT. That does not make a lot of sense to me. More so tacos and ranger and both are as uninspiring as they come. I have the HEMI in my JT and it's of course exceptional from a power perspective and no offense to the Diesel guys but not the same thing. You have snappy performance at 0.1MPH AND 100MPH.

That being said from a market perspective towing with the V8 will prob give you next to no MPGs and fuel economy is not good with stock tires let alone 38s. Not really an issue for me but the truck would need a bigger tank and prob also stronger transmission for towing than what they put into the 392 wrangler. I hope we see the 392 JT as the truck deserves it but I am not so sure...if anything the Mojave as a limited edition but the Rubi I doubt

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I don't think they look at the Bronco as a competitor for the JT. That does not make a lot of sense to me. More so tacos and ranger and both are as uninspiring as they come. I have the HEMI in my JT and it's of course exceptional from a power perspective and no offense to the Diesel guys but not the same thing. You have snappy performance at 0.1MPH AND 100MPH.

That being said from a market perspective towing with the V8 will prob give you next to no MPGs and fuel economy is not good with stock tires let alone 38s. Not really an issue for me but the truck would need a bigger tank and prob also stronger transmission for towing than what they put into the 392 wrangler. I hope we see the 392 JT as the truck deserves it but I am not so sure...if anything the Mojave as a limited edition but the Rubi I doubt

True, taco and ranger and the ranger is getting a raptor version this year so they may actually do something for the 2024/5 refresh of the gladiator.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Most people want it. Unfortunately there’s a few types of people on certain coasts or landmasses in America or that sit in specific chairs that don’t want that.

Can we have a V8?

Jeep Gladiator Are we going to see a 392 JT? 1642184367272

The people spoken of previously:

Jeep Gladiator Are we going to see a 392 JT? 1642184401429

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
True, taco and ranger and the ranger is getting a raptor version this year so they may actually do something for the 2024/5 refresh of the gladiator.
Hope so. It's odd that there is no performance engine available they could have put into the platform other than the V8
Sponsored