Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Everyone should be aware that these aren’t “prerunner” lights, they’re clearance lights. This pattern means you’re driving a vehicle over 80” wide (excluding mirrors). It’s a legal requirement for wide vehicles, that’s why the Raptor and TRX have them.

I know it’s style to copy things we see on other vehicles, but it’s important to know what things mean.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Okay, so I went back and read word for word the entire thread. I’m curious as to what triggered you so?
Everyone on here had/has legitimate concerns, just as you have. Some of us have even had major issues/problems with Oracle products getting them to mount and/or function properly. Things that most manufacturers/vendors get worked out prior to a mass release of a product. Some folks don’t have the time or desire to be the Guinea pig on products that should be plug and play.
Were everyone else’s concerns not as legit as yours?
It was honestly the now-deleted post with the clock image re. time is ticking or something to that regard that was posted less than 3 hours after the question was posed - and the tone regarding both the original question and the meme/image that was posted. I'm not sure if you saw it before you posted, or if Mods or the OP deleted it. I don't want to derail the thread - I am one of the ones you noted who have a major issue with an Oracle product, and in my opinion while unfortunate, they are addressing it. The alternative is paying OEM prices or buying stuff off Amazon with ZERO customer support, so I'm willing to live with it.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and to buy or not buy from a company, but some of the posts just felt like unwarranted attacks to me. That was my point - to all that come after and read this - the post I referenced appears to have been deleted.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Not going to hijack this thread, but there is a similar set up that uses a back plate and two machine screws. Cleaner look better than zip ties IMO. I'd guess these could easily add to your kit.

Screenshot_20220322-183335_Chrome.jpg
Now THAT I like.
What I would like even better were ones made to fit the honeycomb exactly and then clamp from behind so it just filled one spot completely and exactly.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
It was honestly the now-deleted post with the clock image re. time is ticking or something to that regard that was posted less than 3 hours after the question was posed - and the tone regarding both the original question and the meme/image that was posted. I'm not sure if you saw it before you posted, or if Mods or the OP deleted it. I don't want to derail the thread - I am one of the ones you noted who have a major issue with an Oracle product, and in my opinion while unfortunate, they are addressing it. The alternative is paying OEM prices or buying stuff off Amazon with ZERO customer support, so I'm willing to live with it.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and to buy or not buy from a company, but some of the posts just felt like unwarranted attacks to me. That was my point - to all that come after and read this - the post I referenced appears to have been deleted.
My biggest complaint about this product so far is misleading marketing.
Zip-tie mounting lights is NOT "factory appearance", and cutting and splicing wiring harnesses is NOT "plug and play". Seeing stuff like that raises a red flag in my book about the product and/or the company.

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Zip-tie mounting lights is NOT "factory appearance", and cutting and splicing wiring harnesses is NOT "plug and play". Seeing stuff like that raises a red flag in my book about the product and/or the company.
This is the part that kills me.

Like, busting out the heatshrink and crimpers aint exactly rocket science, Ive done far more complicated jobs, but when advertising is misleading it turns me off right away.

Ive had so many parts that Ive purchased and Ive had to modify / cut / grind / get new fasteners / change the wiring / paint them because the colors or finish are whack / etc etc etc. Its exhausting.

When I read "plug and play" in the description, then its actually not, it doesnt matter that the job is simple and easy - im just sick of people selling me a bridge, its a matter of principle for me at that point.

Does get tired carrying this soapbox around though, Ill admit.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I could have sworn oracle made a drl harness to simplify installation, but must have been my imagination. Quadratec has one. I bought a pair from American Adventure Labs. I put a connector plug right at the grill so I can just unplug it when I need to take the grill off.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Not going to hijack this thread, but there is a similar set up that uses a back plate and two machine screws. Cleaner look better than zip ties IMO. I'd guess these could easily add to your kit.

Screenshot_20220322-183335_Chrome.jpg
Can you provide a link to this similar product? Thank you!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Appreciate the feedback for clarification, the "factory appearance" refers to that these lights are LED modules (a LED with a lens and a housing) that closely resemble the OEM lights found in Raptors, TRD trucks, etc opposed to the previous version which was a more generic LED Light module.

The "Plug and Play" mention was in reference to the cable harness that comes with the lights not the connection to the truck. The first version of our pre runner lights each module had bare wires which required the installer to connect together and wire to the power source, the cable harness has Plug and Play connectors to connect the individual modules to the cable harness. We can see how that could be confusing based on your feedback and we have already updated the product copy and removed that language.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Are these going to be available in clear led instead of amber led?
At the moment, we are only offering these in clear and tinted lens - Amber LED. However, if enough interest is shown in offering white LED, we can definitely look into offering that option as well.

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
At the moment, we are only offering these in clear and tinted lens - Amber LED. However, if enough interest is shown in offering white LED, we can definitely look into offering that option as well.
I am definitely interested in a white instead of amber LED. I have yet to find a good option.

jarjarstinks

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Inspector/Husband/Father
Any estimated date on when these are expected to ship? I placed my order in March.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR