That’s cool but not for me.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I don’t think it looks bad. But I bought my jt for truck stuff. Need the bed space. Cool mod for guys that crawl I suppose

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Weird. Reminds me of the half cabs people put on TJs. Just... weird. Can't rationalize it.

Sponsored

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Looks cool to me but it's functionally a JKU at that point. Just get one of those.

I'm sweating going to the 5' bed from my 5'7" Ram as it is!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Would have just bought a regular jeep if wanted that. I needed a truck to function as a truck as well as a jeep. Its a cool look though. Don't think my kayak and gear would fit in that without a long extender

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Looks cool to me but it's functionally a JKU at that point. Just get one of those.
That's essentially what you're doing. Modifying the frame to make it as close as you can to a Wrangler, then popping a new bed back on. A Wrangler is 188", cutting your frame for this kit gets a Gladiator to 200" (so still a foot longer). Not to mention the technical and liability aspects your average consumer won't be able to navigate that could be avoided by starting with the shorter frame of the Wrangler instead. (Note: I said average, I know many here are above-average with this kind of stuff).

From the install instructions:
This installation requires a permanent modification to the rear frame, wiring, tail lights, sensors, rear camera, weight distribution & handling of the vehicle. Consult your local laws & insurance company before making these modifications. The function of this kit is to permanently shorten the bed length & cut off the rear frame to increase the rear departure angle of the vehicle. You will not be able to return your vehicle back to stock after this modification.

This statement above is massive in its implications and expectations of the installer.

A cool idea, yes, but then again I'd have bought a Wrangler if I was concerned enough about angles to chop up my frame. Although I can see this working well for someone who maybe wanted a Wrangler-like length but the wider wheelbase of the Gladiator and had no desire to actually fab up their own design. Still a lot of cash and labor to throw at something that your average person wouldn't be taking on anyway with that level of frame modification. Just my opinion though; I'd prefer to spend the money fabricating exactly what I wanted if I went this route.

Kudos to them for kitting the idea together though. That takes innovation. I'm interested to see if it catches on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I already have my brother-in-law calling my truck a Subaru Baja because I have a miniscule 5 foot bed while he has a massive, chasmy 5'6 bed. My buddy who drives a silverado crew cab 6'7.5" bed asks me how I like my Santa Cruz.

If you're gonna chop a gladiator bed, might as well lower it and put it on 22s with underglow and flame decals

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Does it come with a rear wheel disconnect so you can really enjoy a fwd shorty ?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser