Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Well, well, well....

It looks like Dorian is now a Cat 5. There have only been a handful of these to make landfall in the last few decades and all of them have been tremendously destructive...

Thank God it looks like Florida will avoid a direct hit but the upper Bahamas will be permanently transformed perhaps even wiped out...My prayers go out to anyone left on those islands.

Unfortunately, those of us further North, particularly in the Carolinas need to be prepared. It looks like I will be going down to our beach home in Hatteras, NC to button things up as best we can.. unfortunately, I donā€™t have my Glad but my F-350 with a 2ā€ lift will be hauling all our pre-cut plywood and ladders down there...
Sponsored

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
:please: Best of luck fellas, be safe. Just saw that this morn...Cat 5. No joke.

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Now why would anyone need to cut a notch in the plywood? Donā€™t tell us itā€™s a gas line bulge issue! Insane concept! But hey what do I know about this?!
You have to be an OG forum member to get the humor of the infamous "plywood notch" Heck, even the mention of carrying plywood....search the forum for some good stuff! Inside joke to us OG's.... @stefffen707

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Well, well, well....

It looks like Dorian is now a Cat 5. There have only been a handful of these to make landfall in the last few decades and all of them have been tremendously destructive...

Thank God it looks like Florida will avoid a direct hit but the upper Bahamas will be permanently transformed perhaps even wiped out...My prayers go out to anyone left on those islands.

Unfortunately, those of us further North, particularly in the Carolinas need to be prepared. It looks like I will be going down to our beach home in Hatteras, NC to button things up as best we can.. unfortunately, I donā€™t have my Glad but my F-350 with a 2ā€ lift will be hauling all our pre-cut plywood and ladders down there...
Be safe, Eddie.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Yeah especially since I was the one that got the whole thing started. Yā€™all can all blame it on me. I can take the bashing, my bad folks.

You have to be an OG forum member to get the humor of the infamous "plywood notch" Heck, even the mention of carrying plywood....search the forum for some good stuff! Inside joke to us OG's.... @stefffen707

Sponsored

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Wait, I have a vague and cheeky understanding of the plywood thing. But you saying that Jake from State Farm is somehow at the root of this plywood gimmick?
Apparently. I guess he was the one who originally brought up the concern over the gas filler neck and how plywood would fit in the bed..... and that set off the Plywood chain..... it really kept us all from going stir crazy while waiting for the release of the Gladiator.... Jake doesn''t realize how much Therapy we all got from having plywood to cling to!

Last edited:

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I'm not 100% sure us Floridians are out the woods yet....this thing still has to follow there shift north theory pretty soon ....i for some reason don't know if Mother Nature cares about there predictions

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Like Jeep says: Are you entertained?

Apparently. I guess he was the one who originally brought up the concern over the gas filler neck and how plywood would fit in the bed..... and that set off the Plywood chain..... it really kept us all from going stir crazy while waiting for the release of the Gladiator.... Jake doesn''t realize how much Therapy we all got from having plywood tho cling to!

Sponsored

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
No worries, i grew up in Florida and have a healthy respect for these storms. Besides, me and the wife are full time national guard and will surely be called up for support somewhere in the state.

Everyone in the state be safe and be smart! And get pics of any gladiators up in the mix!

Citizen-soldiers (and airmen) rock! Thanks for what you do.

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Gods speed, hoping everyone is ok, coming from someone who has ridden through the eye of a hurricane in uncle Sam's canoe club, god bless you and this too will pass.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
listen folks, this storm is nothing to mess with.
GODSPEED to anyone along the east coast that may have to contend with this prick.
I am on the VERY fringe and dealt with this FIRST squall going home.
oi8TdW2BfPWWzNxKEBoowmrUxGEKvx2XfsCtCYZT8IeSbyq3N3n7euEa6QL9CkypiNmmLa1Jl1jAB0haIg=w1055-h791-no.jpg

Here was squall 2 from my window
tm6TT2JWOyYojZnNkVrc6AkGpMIkQVtMIJqIz9__rmxjOsoFP3th7B4kJuBSIQvofMGBkV4ZIive-HxcqA=w1055-h791-no.jpg

#Doriansucksdonkeydick

ANYONE having to deal with this prick, PLEASE BE SAFE!!!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Yeah especially since I was the one that got the whole thing started. Yā€™all can all blame it on me. I can take the bashing, my bad folks.
I blame you for this

IMG_20190902_164017263_2.jpg

IMG_20190902_165756205_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190902_170323588_HDR_3.jpg
Sponsored