Agent X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law & Veteran
Hey all, here's my Mojave.
So far I've added the AFE cold air intake and modified the Smittybilt M.O.D. bumper to fit.

20210414_195720.jpg

20210413_190214.jpg

20210323_183350.jpg
I love this bumper! What kind of modification did you do to get the bumper to fit to the JT?
Sponsored

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Sure wasn’t! Down in Tucson for the Summer! Haha
That's my neck of the woods (Oro Valley), but we spend a decent number of weekends up in Flag every year. My daughter just finished up her freshman year at NAU.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I like the Hellwig quality and it has 3 different adjustments. I have only tried the middle and the stiffest adjustment so far and have not yet had a chance to take off-road. I have yet to try the softest adjustment, but I do plan on trying that soon. I really wanted to stiffing up the steering for when I am driving around town and when hauling things. But I also wanted the flexibility of changing to a softer ride when going off-road. The Hellwig gives me those options and I have been very happy with the results so far with the middle and stiffest adjustments.
The Hellwig bar was the very first mod I did, like within two days, so its hard for me to feel the change from stock. I did instal it using the middle hole and chucking it around the bends there is no crazy body roll. I then changed it to the stiffest setting because I will have a RTT in the back and want to minimize roll from that.

I did take it out to Big Bend and went through some areas where articulation was pretty extreme and the Hellwig never gave me trouble, all 4 wheels were still on the ground, even at the stiffest setting.

Sponsored

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Agent X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law & Veteran
That's my neck of the woods (Oro Valley), but we spend a decent number of weekends up in Flag every year. My daughter just finished up her freshman year at NAU.
Holy cow! That's super close by. I live right off of the Cortaro rd area. That's awesome! That's actually where I teach, in the Dept. of Criminology and CJ. In case y'all ever need a help up there in FLG, please feel free to give me a holler!

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Did the skidplate black...

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club mojskid

Dropped off some more parts for powdercoat. Steer Smarts, Hellwig, diff covers.
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club powder

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Last edited:

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
Questions for those of you who run a bit more weight in your Mojave bed.
@DesertRunner @RYSlimVegas19 @sandifer @Mtpisgah @MarcusB @Berserker556

How do you feel the Mojave trim handles the weight in back?
Do you end up with much sag when you're loaded up and everything is strapped to the racks?
Do you notice much change in drivability or visibility over the hood?
Have you done anything to add unloaded rake without compromising the advantages of the Mojave suspension?

Great images in this thread, love seeing the Mojaves in their element and on the pavement.
Q: How do you feel the Mojave trim handles the weight in back?
A: Just spent a long weekend at Flag (2-hr drive via I-17) … full load and 5 seatbelts in use (2 adults/3 kiddos). Extremely windy through passes … handled exceptional … very happy with ‘low profile’ decision. (See pics)

Q: Do you end up with much sag when you're loaded up and everything is strapped to the racks?
A: Slight … but tough to visualize with the lifted front fender highline that gives off a raked appearance, sans load.

Q: Do you notice much change in drivability or visibility over the hood?
A: None … waiting for AEV front bumper solution (full coverage) … which will add weight to front.

Q: Have you done anything to add unloaded rake without compromising the advantages of the Mojave suspension?
A: No

… great questions. Agree on the thread … awesome seeing everyone’s rides and hearing their build logic and driving experience. - CHEERS -

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 7382EB83-7CC1-4CE5-AEF3-DF6A2AF852F9

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 8F46940E-1744-48A5-BF49-2B40F1C3C6C6

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club E9A96C31-CA77-41C7-80D0-3251194EA571

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club EB7B376C-2FF3-49BE-9782-CBB76C5C2DE1

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 6D551658-69CC-4FA7-A322-9AED8BCF4BAF

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 60A4564B-D50A-4291-A84D-FF79D688494E

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 4B85A8A6-D173-4E15-8047-1E31DC59779F

Last edited: