First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I just got quoted $1500 for a lift install by one of the shop here in So Cal.

I guess I'll be doing the install myself.
Depending on where you're at in SoCal, LMK I'm in San Bernardino and just did a 4.5" lift myself a few weeks back.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
On a side note, I used to have a VW Bug at one point in my life (everyone should own one at least once), and also had a PT Cruiser at one point that made over 400whp (don't laugh!). One of the nice things about both of those vehicles was the fact that there were so many out there you would find several people on forums/clubs/etc in your area to help out. We used to have "mod parties" once or twice a year, where everyone would meet up at one person's house (usually the one with the biggest garage) and we'd all help each other out with installing parts for other people who weren't as saavy as others when it came to mechanic stuff. The non mechanical people were given the duties of bringing beer and pizza. I've got to believe there's enough Jeep guys out there to do something similar, I mean after all, people who used to own Jeeps HAD to be able to work on their own rigs from time to time back in the day!

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So I was waiting on a friends Skyjacker lift to come in and get installed for him to gift me (for free) his slightly used AEV spacer lift he's ran just over a year now on his Max Tow. Definitely not complaining for free although I did contact AEV and order a new hardware pack and drive shaft spacers, since he was missing one of the bolts for one of the shock brackets and decided to keep the drive shaft spacers for his new lift. Much rather have new hardware anyways. So for $80 including shipment of those few missing pieces, I now have the full spacer kit for practically nothing.

Besides, I was initially wanting to go with AEVs Dualsport 2.5 lift anyways. So figure since this is free, I'd run this in the meantime. I may even keep it depending how much I like it also to considering my semi mild off-road usage.

In any case, I plan on potentially doing the install myself the next full weekend I'm free once the hardware comes in. But went out on a limb today and called a local Jeep dealership in my area who's also a certified AEV dealer, just to see what they'd charge. They said $375 on top of a possible $25 service charge or some sort. Regardless $400 tops. Not bad and I may even consider going that route to save time although I don't mind the install myself.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
So I was waiting on a friends Skyjacker lift to come in and get installed for him to gift me (for free) his slightly used AEV spacer lift he's ran just over a year now on his Max Tow. Definitely not complaining for free although I did contact AEV and order a new hardware pack and drive shaft spacers, since he was missing one of the bolts for one of the shock brackets and decided to keep the drive shaft spacers for his new lift. Much rather have new hardware anyways. So for $80 including shipment of those few missing pieces, I now have the full spacer kit for practically nothing.

Besides, I was initially wanting to go with AEVs Dualsport 2.5 lift anyways. So figure since this is free, I'd run this in the meantime. I may even keep it depending how much I like it also to considering my semi mild off-road usage.

In any case, I plan on potentially doing the install myself the next full weekend I'm free once the hardware comes in. But went out on a limb today and called a local Jeep dealership in my area who's also a certified AEV dealer, just to see what they'd charge. They said $375 on top of a possible $25 service charge or some sort. Regardless $400 tops. Not bad and I may even consider going that route to save time although I don't mind the install myself.
That's the best price I have heard of yet. I would jump on that deal. It took me a good 8 hours because I've never installed anything like this before. Honestly took me longer to get everything torqued down and rotate the jack stands from front to back.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
That's a reasonable price! Was it Cross? If so then they just continue to impress me as a dealership.
Indeed. It was Cross. They did my oil change few weeks back as well and are cheaper than other Dealerships on that too.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna try the install myself the next weekend I'm off. Got the driveshaft spacers and hardware pack in from AEV to match with the spacer lift I was given so I have a full kit.

2824676D-4DD1-4687-881E-039EA80E50F9.jpeg

tykurez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Precision performance in Wilton.
How did you like these guys? I’m in Monroe, in laws in Wilton, so was thinking about them if I don’t go with Rob’s Auto here.

OP
OP
Motoarch

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
How did you like these guys? I’m in Monroe, in laws in Wilton, so was thinking about them if I don’t go with Rob’s Auto here.
I'm very happy with the install. No problems at all and the price was very fair.