Sponsored

AEV 2” spacer lift, is it really that easy to install?

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm if this kit requires you to keep and reuse the stock spring isolators, on top of the AEV spacers? Instructions just says to remove them and insert spacers on top of the springs, so I assume you dont need the stock isolators. But just confirming cause a friend of mine is giving me this kit and I think I'm going try it out until I go with the actual AEV Dualsport eventually. Can't complain for free.

But with the Teraflex "front only" 1.5" spacer lift I currently have, I'm pretty sure I kept the isolators on top of the pucks when installed, which is why I ask.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Can anyone confirm if this kit requires you to keep and reuse the stock spring isolators, on top of the AEV spacers? Instructions just says to remove them and insert spacers on top of the springs, so I assume you dont need the stock isolators. But just confirming cause a friend of mine is giving me this kit and I think I'm going try it out until I go with the actual AEV Dualsport eventually. Can't complain for free.

But with the Teraflex "front only" 1.5" spacer lift I currently have, I'm pretty sure I kept the isolators on top of the pucks when installed, which is why I ask.
Every spacer kit I’ve installed I left the factory isolator in place, I can’t see why this one would be any different. I used the half inch teraflex spacer on top of my 4” springs and I left the isolator on it as well.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Every spacer kit I’ve installed I left the factory isolator in place, I can’t see why this one would be any different. I used the half inch teraflex spacer on top of my 4” springs and I left the isolator on it as well.
Exactly what I thought but the instructions don't mention it and seem vague. Just says to remove but then install the spacer.

Rear instructions

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2” spacer lift, is it really that easy to install? 6B8042E3-C965-4475-A657-DB465ADF6A7E

Front Instructions

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2” spacer lift, is it really that easy to install? 02894FB2-8195-41B3-9549-8C774212D67D

Last edited:

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst

I'm pretty sure you don't use the stock spring isolate with this kit. The top pucks have some knobbies at the top that fit into the alignment holes.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Those instructions basically tell you not to use the isolator just by the way they say insert the pin from the spacer into the frame. Sounds like that’s your answer.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link

I have the Oem isolators in a drawer. Pretty sure they tell you to remove or swap them. Also pretty sure you can find the Aev manual online and it’ll say.

Edit: wrote this earlier but it didn’t post. Guess the manual is vague but I left it off.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
There's an easier way to get final torque on the control arms, and other high torque fasteners.

Factory spec is 111 ft pounds + 60 degrees on the rear.

So use your torque wrench to get to 111 (for reference, lug nuts are 130).

Then position your impact wrench and place two marks on the socket using marker, tape, whatever, 60 degrees apart when moving clockwise.
Start with the first mark in a noted position and run the impact until you reach the second mark in the same position.

That's what I did with mine yesterday and no hernias were incurred.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ilMr6vi0kt8wqsXmwt2CFDqqAMvyujzp

REDcrabman

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
It shouldn't be any different from stock.

You put a 2" spacer in with the spring.
You add a 2" extension to the shock mount.

The shocks limit the down stroke and the springs should be just as compressed or uncompressed as stock.
Don’t over think it. The AEV spacer lift is an easy install. Just follow the directions provided.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t over think it. The AEV spacer lift is an easy install. Just follow the directions provided.
I wasn't overthinking it. I was responding to a specific question about if it created any issues on down stroke. The short answer is no. You space out the springs 2" and you space out the shocks 2" so nothing changes.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Not to sidetrack this thread, but I just did a teraflex level, and forgot to loosen the control arms while doing the install. Easy work to get the springs/spacers installed, but what is the best way now to correct the fact I didnt loosen the arms? Lift it up, drop the axle, loosen, then set it on the ground and tighten?

Sponsored

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Not to sidetrack this thread, but I just did a teraflex level, and forgot to loosen the control arms while doing the install. Easy work to get the springs/spacers installed, but what is the best way now to correct the fact I didnt loosen the arms? Lift it up, drop the axle, loosen, then set it on the ground and tighten?
Just loosen and retighten with the wheels on the ground. No need (that i can think of with only one cup of coffee) to lift before loosening them.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Just loosen and retighten with the wheels on the ground. No need (that i can think of with only one cup of coffee) to lift before loosening them.
That makes my life significantly easier.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
There's an easier way to get final torque on the control arms, and other high torque fasteners.

Factory spec is 111 ft pounds + 60 degrees on the rear.

So use your torque wrench to get to 111 (for reference, lug nuts are 130).

Then position your impact wrench and place two marks on the socket using marker, tape, whatever, 60 degrees apart when moving clockwise.
Start with the first mark in a noted position and run the impact until you reach the second mark in the same position.

That's what I did with mine yesterday and no hernias were incurred.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ilMr6vi0kt8wqsXmwt2CFDqqAMvyujzp
Its crazy to me that they dont consider them a TTY that way - only bolts I have ever dealt with requiring a angle of tightest were TTY

OP
OP

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
Its crazy to me that they dont consider them a TTY that way - only bolts I have ever dealt with requiring a angle of tightest were TTY
I also found that a bit odd…. I work in auto manufacturing, and any bolt that is angle controlled is most definitely single use…

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.

Just installed the AEV 2 in spacer lift on my truck. The stock isolators are not used on top of the spacers.

The AEV spacers have 1 (rear) and 2 (front) small nipples that portrude from the top of the spacer. Those nipples fit into the upper spring buckets.

The stock isloators also have the same nipples.

Jeez im saying nipples a lot aren't I?

I guess I have nipples on my mind.........
Sponsored