First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Is that insane? I could install it myself but I hate wrenching anymore and have kids and other things Id rather be doing.

Id rather throw money at it but not that much.

What's a fair rate to install an AEV 2" spacer lift? I was anticipating closer to $600, not 3x that.

Anyone know of an outfit in south eastern CT that does this? Ive called around to a few shops and most don't want to do this job. Apparently not the one that gave me a quote either cause $1800 has got to be the ehh we don't want to do this but...
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I can’t say for sure but that sounds at least double of what it should be. I agree with you that it should be around $600 though (maybe less)

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Is that insane? I could install it myself but I hate wrenching anymore and have kids and other things Id rather be doing.

Id rather throw money at it but not that much.

What's a fair rate to install an AEV 2" spacer lift? I was anticipating closer to $600, not 3x that.

Anyone know of an outfit in south eastern CT that does this? Ive called around to a few shops and most don't want to do this job. Apparently not the one that gave me a quote either cause $1800 has got to be the ehh we don't want to do this but...
do you have a local 4wheel parts? Maybe they do it for less? Or take a day and DIY

bobby.f3

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTM
Occupation
Parts Sales
I dont know of many in your immediate corner of CT, but you could try Ricky at Ocean State Off Road in West Warwick, RI. Or Adam at Built for the East in Granby, MA. They are both stand-up guys that support New England legal land use initiatives and charge fair prices

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
That is the opposite end of extremes. Heck of a deal there.
$1800 is definitely worth finding the time to do it yourself, even if you have to go buy some tools.
Wow… I was quoted 650 plus 85 for alignment from a reputable shop and I decided to do it myself.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I paid 1/3 of that for a full lift

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Wow… I was quoted 650 plus 85 for alignment from a reputable shop and I decided to do it myself.
Good deal. My alignment was $500. Thought that was high. They did go over all the nuts and bolts too though. Good shop, been going to them for years (in Huntington Beach). But for a full installs for my Clayton overland plus, most places wanted around $1200 at the time. So I did it myself.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Ask them if they price match competitive quotes.. see if they'll drop down magically, that's my favorite thing to do to vendors who are exorbitantly over priced. Get them to price match, jump through a few hoops, and go elsewhere.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all for AEV products but that's high. I'm getting the actual AEV Dualsoort full lift and was quoted like high $900 almost 1k And that's through a AEV certified dealer. So that for a spacer lift is high in my opinion.

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
How far are you from Portchester, NY? If close, call up Mad Dog and ask for Jon.

Lived in Stamford for 20 yrs so I can help find someone if you want.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
I'm all for AEV products but that's high. I'm getting the actual AEV Dualsoort full lift and was quoted like high $900 almost 1k And that's through a AEV certified dealer. So that for a spacer lift is high in my opinion.
Assuming he purchased the needed control arm brackets or arms, the install for a 4 spring spacer lift is essentially the same as a spring based lift.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Wayyy too much. Before I had my EVO lift I had the AEV spacer lift installed and labor was under $350 to install it about a year ago. That included alignment.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Good deal. My alignment was $500. Thought that was high. They did go over all the nuts and bolts too though. Good shop, been going to them for years (in Huntington Beach). But for a full installs for my Clayton overland plus, most places wanted around $1200 at the time. So I did it myself.
Can you DM me the name of your shop?
Sponsored