First Name
ROB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLADIATOR WILLYS
Occupation
SECRET
Hello folks. I purchased an AEV 2" spacer lift and the Mopar LCA for my 21 Willys. I will be getting it installed next week. Besides getting an alignment, is there anything else I should pay attention too? Anyone have issues or advice with this lift? Thanks much in advance..:beer:
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
What do you need an alignment for? If you’re getting fixed control arms there’s nothing to adjust besides toe on the tie rod. I wouldn’t let them charge you for one.
Should be very straight forward install, can be done at home.

OP
OP
RAM241

RAM241

First Name
ROB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLADIATOR WILLYS
Occupation
SECRET
What do you need an alignment for? If you’re getting fixed control arms there’s nothing to adjust besides toe on the tie rod. I wouldn’t let them charge you for one.
Should be very straight forward install, can be done at home.
Alignment is included with the install. I would love to do it at home but my garage sucks and my driveway is on a slope. Plus no time available.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The AEV lift has those LCA drop brackets to keep the arm geometry the same (i.e. level) so you don't need the increased length of the Mopar arms to dial in more caster.

Unless you want more caster, of course.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Alignment is included with the install. I would love to do it at home but my garage sucks and my driveway is on a slope. Plus no time available.
I understand the struggle. I’m just saying I hope you’re not getting overcharged for install.

Sponsored

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I love my AEV 2” lift. High quality and everything you need. Like you, I got the the slightly longer Mopar LCA’s. Rides straight as an arrow.

I did however upgrade to an adjustable trackbar but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
A friend and I installed mine on my '21 Mojave. Talk about a SUPER easy install......

Not sure if the poster above (brianinca) was suggesting that the AEV front LCA relocation brackets are included in the lift kit or not. Mine certainly didn't come with them & frankly, I wouldn't have installed them if they did come with it.

Instead - I installed the ~1/4" longer MOPAR front LCA's and it drives excellent. For ~$61 they are well worth it.

BTW, there's no need to loosen the front UCA at all. There's enough flex in the suspension to remove the front coils without messing with loosening the front UCA's.

A nice 1/2" impact gun is your friend for those control arm nuts/bolts.

OP
OP
RAM241

RAM241

First Name
ROB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLADIATOR WILLYS
Occupation
SECRET
A friend and I installed mine on my '21 Mojave. Talk about a SUPER easy install......

Not sure if the poster above (brianinca) was suggesting that the AEV front LCA relocation brackets are included in the lift kit or not. Mine certainly didn't come with them & frankly, I wouldn't have installed them if they did come with it.

Instead - I installed the ~1/4" longer MOPAR front LCA's and it drives excellent. For ~$61 they are well worth it.

BTW, there's no need to loosen the front UCA at all. There's enough flex in the suspension to remove the front coils without messing with loosening the front UCA's.

A nice 1/2" impact gun is your friend for those control arm nuts/bolts.
I did buy the Longer Mopar LCA's. Thanks for the info

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Part of the reason you want to loosen all of the control arms it allows them to relax and acquire the new lift height. Since it is a rubber mount it could cause some binding during articulation.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?

Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The AEV lift has those LCA drop brackets to keep the arm geometry the same (i.e. level) so you don't need the increased length of the Mopar arms to dial in more caster.

He’s installing the AEV spacer lift so no dice on the LCA drop brackets.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Jeeze, totally forgot their $500 kit didn't have the drop brackets. They sure are proud of their rubber bumpers. Sheesh.

He’s installing the AEV spacer lift so no dice on the LCA drop brackets.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeeze, totally forgot their $500 kit didn't have the drop brackets. They sure are proud of their rubber bumpers. Sheesh.
Yea seems pricey at first. I haven’t looked recently but when I got mine I tried to piece together the same kit from different companies to see if it would be cheaper. I either couldn’t get all the stuff like shock brackets or it priced out the same.🤷‍♂️

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father

I may be late in noting, haven’t read the whole thread, but the AEV 2” spacer lift kit DOES NOT come with geo brackets.

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father
Ahhhh...
I see you all remember the drop brackets are not included.
Sponsored