First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father
Boo hoo. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. We all don't have to conform to the herd.
😆😂🤣😅😆
I remember reading this once before.

And this poster(notice I did not assume that he or she might be a he or she, even though he or she has tom in he or she’s screen name it could be a good try at subterfuge to camouflage the fact that he or she) is full of schit.

😊
Sponsored

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father
Yea this is not my 1st rodeo. All I can say is buy it yourself and see what you think.

Every bolt was torqued back down to specifications. There is a reason Mopar chose to make the SPRING ISOLATOR out of molded rubber vs polyurethane.

I’m pretty picky and it’s possible many people wouldn’t notice the difference but I do.

I’m favoring the Mopar lift which retains the factory SPRING ISOLATORS. Once I have that installed I will compare ride quality and suspension noise.
Sorry (not sorry that your ineptitude is being displayed on the World Wide Web for eight billion people to see but you obviously don’t have much knowledge of mechanics and the inner workings of automobiles. You would most likely be more comfortable telling people how to adapt a 1980’s apple device to accept a 2022 update...
I would LOVE for that matter, to watch you change a flat tire on your own truck with no warning when it would go flat.)

Some folks can change their own tires, no matter what....
Some folks can’t. I really hope you have your AAA membership paid up so you don’t need to worry about anything out of the ordinary...
☺

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father
Sorry (not sorry that your ineptitude is being displayed on the World Wide Web for eight billion people to see but you obviously don’t have much knowledge of mechanics and the inner workings of automobiles. You would most likely be more comfortable telling people how to adapt a 1980’s apple device to accept a 2022 update...
I would LOVE for that matter, to watch you change a flat tire on your own truck with no warning when it would go flat.)

Some folks can change their own tires, no matter what....
Some folks can’t. I really hope you have your AAA membership paid up so you don’t need to worry about anything out of the ordinary...
☺
Oops my apologies. I’ve been drinking and I ran off at the mouth. I still don’t think that tom could rebuild a TH350 or a Chevy 350...
Regardless...
I hope you are happy with your gladiator tom. And I am sorry if I said anything that upset you in any way.
If my apologies aren’t sufficient, you can meet me by the water tower after school. 🙂
Don’t worry. I’ll be there. 😊

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father
Oops my apologies. I’ve been drinking and I ran off at the mouth. I still don’t think that tom could rebuild a TH350 or a Chevy 350...
Regardless...
I hope you are happy with your gladiator tom. And I am sorry if I said anything that upset you in any way.
If my apologies aren’t sufficient, you can meet me by the water tower after school. 🙂
Don’t worry. I’ll be there. 😊
😊

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I would not call the Mopar lower front spring isolators rubber, but may you may be right. Seem kind of hard and shiny to me. Carelf with your jump to Mopar 2 inch, cause I am running it and have been thinking about dropping it cand going to the AEV kit you installed. I have 28K on my Mopar lift. Added JKS Geometry brackets, Fox front stabilizer and RockJock driveshaft drop.

Sponsored

Papa Bear

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Billet Silver
I've been watching this thread to see if the OP ever discovered the source of the squeaking when they removed the AEV 2" spacer kit? I know they believed it was from the polyurethane spacers but I never heard if that is what they actually discovered as the problem.

I installed the summer 2022 version of this kit (meaning it didn't have the Procal Snap module in stock and therefore wasn't included) on my 2020 JTUR and I used the Tazer JL instead.

I have noticed a squeal not a squeak (In my head a "squeak" is from something loose i.e. when rocking the vehicle and the squeak is heard as a result. To me a "squeal" is more of a metal on metal sound...technical jargon here). Again, this is only present when I first drive the truck and the wheel makes it's first several rotations. Then it is gone. I don't have any negative effects from this squeal and because it goes away after just a few yards I assume it is cold and just saying "hello," to me. However, I did add the BFG KO2s 37x12.5 r17 on the factory wheels and have kept the original gearing at 4.10.

Has anyone experienced this who could offer a solution?
Not only did we torque everything to specs but I also had another shop check the suspension, torque specs on all added components and did an alignment once I had the 37s on. That shop provided a print out with what they discovered and everything was within specs.

Not worried about how it is performing and it handles in a way that I do not feel I need to re-gear. I always drive it 80 mph + on I-70 and occasionally like to be in the 90+ range. The Gladiator doesn't miss a beat and I can even keep it rolling at those speeds up to Eisenhower Tunnel in both directions.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been watching this thread to see if the OP ever discovered the source of the squeaking when they removed the AEV 2" spacer kit? I know they believed it was from the polyurethane spacers but I never heard if that is what they actually discovered as the problem.

I installed the summer 2022 version of this kit (meaning it didn't have the Procal Snap module in stock and therefore wasn't included) on my 2020 JTUR and I used the Tazer JL instead.

I have noticed a squeal not a squeak (In my head a "squeak" is from something loose i.e. when rocking the vehicle and the squeak is heard as a result. To me a "squeal" is more of a metal on metal sound...technical jargon here). Again, this is only present when I first drive the truck and the wheel makes it's first several rotations. Then it is gone. I don't have any negative effects from this squeal and because it goes away after just a few yards I assume it is cold and just saying "hello," to me. However, I did add the BFG KO2s 37x12.5 r17 on the factory wheels and have kept the original gearing at 4.10.

Has anyone experienced this who could offer a solution?
Not only did we torque everything to specs but I also had another shop check the suspension, torque specs on all added components and did an alignment once I had the 37s on. That shop provided a print out with what they discovered and everything was within specs.

Not worried about how it is performing and it handles in a way that I do not feel I need to re-gear. I always drive it 80 mph + on I-70 and occasionally like to be in the 90+ range. The Gladiator doesn't miss a beat and I can even keep it rolling at those speeds up to Eisenhower Tunnel in both directions.
Following up with you, did you discover where the squeal was emanating from?
Also, now that have had it for a bit, how is the ride quality? Any reviews you would like to share?
Thanks

Papa Bear

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Billet Silver
Well, I am still loving this combination of the AEV 2.0 spacer and the BFG 37 x 12.5 R17 with Spidertrax spacers and a Tazer JL Mini...the squeak has apparently fixed itself. I say that because it hasn't manifested for over 4 months. I am a bit curious though because with the larger tires and the stock axles (and living in CO) I basically run the truck in 4H all the time--taking it out only when I'm on long sections of dry pavement--I have noticed when I am parked overnight and when I first pull out of the driveway (which requires a full lock turn into and out of) a knock, only present when I am first moving either direction with steering wheel at full lock. It makes me think that it is rubbing on something but I can see no visible signs of rubbing like paint loss where I think it may contact another component. Also, the lift and the setup are absolutely perfect in terms of handling and capability.
My purposes for this setup was to gain more clearance Clarence. I have to put a lot of highway miles on it going from Marble, Colorado area to Denver, CO and the gas mileage sucks majorly. I average anywhere from 10-17 mph dependent upon speed but I have a lead foot which loves to drive I-70 at 80-95 mph. The pep is still there but re-gearing may be a good idea for others.
I'm circling back to the axle comment I made earlier...anything I may need to have the mechanic look at to determine if the factory Dana 44s are handling the load of the heavier tires well enough? Has anyone with a similar setup experienced axle issues? I have 32000 miles on the truck and the 40,000 factory maintenance suggests axle fluid be changed at that interval for "heavy duty usage."
I'll throw a picture on here for those who still follow this thread as I truly love the looks almost as much as the performance.

roscorx8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKUR
Well, I am still loving this combination of the AEV 2.0 spacer and the BFG 37 x 12.5 R17 with Spidertrax spacers and a Tazer JL Mini...the squeak has apparently fixed itself. I say that because it hasn't manifested for over 4 months. I am a bit curious though because with the larger tires and the stock axles (and living in CO) I basically run the truck in 4H all the time--taking it out only when I'm on long sections of dry pavement--I have noticed when I am parked overnight and when I first pull out of the driveway (which requires a full lock turn into and out of) a knock, only present when I am first moving either direction with steering wheel at full lock. It makes me think that it is rubbing on something but I can see no visible signs of rubbing like paint loss where I think it may contact another component. Also, the lift and the setup are absolutely perfect in terms of handling and capability.
My purposes for this setup was to gain more clearance Clarence. I have to put a lot of highway miles on it going from Marble, Colorado area to Denver, CO and the gas mileage sucks majorly. I average anywhere from 10-17 mph dependent upon speed but I have a lead foot which loves to drive I-70 at 80-95 mph. The pep is still there but re-gearing may be a good idea for others.
I'm circling back to the axle comment I made earlier...anything I may need to have the mechanic look at to determine if the factory Dana 44s are handling the load of the heavier tires well enough? Has anyone with a similar setup experienced axle issues? I have 32000 miles on the truck and the 40,000 factory maintenance suggests axle fluid be changed at that interval for "heavy duty usage."
I'll throw a picture on here for those who still follow this thread as I truly love the looks almost as much as the performance.
Pic would be great! I'm looking at this exact setup with 37 BFG Ko2 and 2"AEV- also in CO!

Sponsored

Papa Bear

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Billet Silver
Looks great. Were the Spidertrax spacers required for clearance from tires rubbing? 1.5 or 1.75?
1.75” Spidertrax. Keeps the wheels tucked slightly more under fenders and still clears the tires so they don’t rub.

RockinRobin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I drive my rubicon every day, we drive on farm roads, back roads, gravel roads, farm fields tractor roads and any other terrible road. I have the 2” AEV lift and ZERO NOISE. Sometnings up if you have noise. I did install mopar lift lower control arms.
Would you have a part# for the lca