Sponsored

AEV 2” spacer lift vs Mopar 2”

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I did contact AEV, and they were very helpful. They did advise me they will be releasing there 2.5” kit by mid to late July of this year. If that holds true that would align with when my Gladiator shows up and will most likely be what I end up going with. So here’s to hoping it holds true.
I just called them to ask for an update on the front bumper and 2.5" lift and got a different answer. The guy I spoke with thought the lift was still a couple months out and had no idea on the front bumper.
Sponsored

jhataway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have been going back and forth on the Mopar lift or spacers. I've been in contact with a Jeep dealer that has the lift for only $650 delivered. It is not in their inventory and needs to be moved so they agreed to a major discount. I would think this would be a better option versus spacers. I could then sell my Rubicon stock items once upgraded. Thoughts?

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I have been going back and forth on the Mopar lift or spacers. I've been in contact with a Jeep dealer that has the lift for only $650 delivered. It is not in their inventory and needs to be moved so they agreed to a major discount. I would think this would be a better option versus spacers. I could then sell my Rubicon stock items once upgraded. Thoughts?
If you can do the Mopar kit for $650 I would jump on it over spacers.

Last edited:

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There is no downside to that deal

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Are the Rubicon and the Mopar 2” lift Fox shocks the same diameter?

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Crazy story, but the short of it is that I ended up getting the lift for $325+$150 shipped... $475 total! :) It came in already and we will be installing this weekend!
How the heck did you manage that? And what dealer? Hook a fellow Jeeper up lol...

jhataway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
How the heck did you manage that? And what dealer? Hook a fellow Jeeper up lol...
It was not returnable to Mopar and they wanted to get it out of inventory. I am a pretty good negotiator, but it was not a deal that will continue sad to say. It helped that I bought some other things from them too.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
You should broaden your search beyond AEV spacer or Mopar. If you use your Jeep on trails you should do a full suspension upgrade not a spacer lift. If you just want bigger tires and will not run your JT on trails then do a spacer because it’s cheaper, keeps the stock ride characteristics and accomplishes the goal of bigger tires. There are many other great complete lift options out there at the 2.5-3” height including Clayton, EVO, Metalcloak. I went with EVO and had Metalcloak on my JKUR prior. Both great lifts and and ride much better than stock. One thing I will say is the stock rubicon coils on the rear sagged a lot when towing and the EVO springs handle tongue weight much better.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Are the Rubicon and the Mopar 2” lift Fox shocks the same diameter?
No. The shocks in the mopar kit are a full 2.5” diameter body vs the ones on the Rubicon being I believe around 2”

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac

MattyB80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceandrecruit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Executive Recruiter
I put in the AEV Spacer lift yesterday. I have about 12k miles under my belt on a 2020 JTR and did the install on my 2021 JTR. The look is awesome and I like the idea of keeping the factory fox suspension package. The ride feels a bit sharper, particularly in the front, and I’m hearing a clunking sound and wondering if the lower shock bracket is making noise. Will have to investigate and report back.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
No. The shocks in the mopar kit are a full 2.5” diameter body vs the ones on the Rubicon being I believe around 2”
Both stock and mopar lift shocks are inferior to Fox 2.0 in terms of ride quality. I upgraded my ruby shocks with fox 2.0, and the ride is night and day. Both shocks, factory or mopar lift, are much softer than what you get in the 2.0 shock.

MattyB80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceandrecruit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Executive Recruiter
I put in the AEV Spacer lift yesterday. I have about 12k miles under my belt on a 2020 JTR and did the install on my 2021 JTR. The look is awesome and I like the idea of keeping the factory fox suspension package. The ride feels a bit sharper, particularly in the front, and I’m hearing a clunking sound and wondering if the lower shock bracket is making noise. Will have to investigate and report back.
after checking everything over and retorquing, the Aev spacer lift has been great. I have about 2,500 miles on it now and run a pretty heavy set up in the summer months with drawers, an Alucab canopy and gen3 tent on top with an awning. At the recommendation of others on the forum I added airlift 1000’s to the rear coils to eliminate sag and Keep factory rake purportions. I run them at approx. 30% and can’t tell they are even there, but have no sag.

no regrets going this route. It has been effective and economical and will let me get value out of the factory fox setup. See you on the trails.

JBOverland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
Questions for those in the know. Overland model looking to add bigger tires (35 at most). I will not be rock crawling but will being doing some trail riding and beach stuff. I want a good road ride and was just thinking about a spacer lift to fit the tires but worry will lose shock response. I do a lot of camping and outdoor stuff so will need to haul lots of gear. I like that AEV is designed for overlanding and the Bilstein shocks are a longer term shock (Fox from my understanding is a 50,000 mile shock). What is opinion from much wiser men than me? I had thought about the Rubicon Express with shock extensions (not shocks) but open to other ideas too. Thanks.
Sponsored