Mopar vs AEV spacer lift?

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Yeeshh, so 35's will look bad, but 37's are out of the question?? i do wish there were nice d rated 36x11.5's out there...... good luck with whatever you choose! but...... it does sound to me like you want a Cooper AT3 XLT 37x12.5 though.... OD is 36.5, they weigh less than my Falken 35's.... are great street and dirt road tires.... just saying! or maybe it is me that wants them since there is room on my Mojave with a whopping 3/4 inch lift!
Sponsored

OP
OP
leopardprey

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Martial Arts Teacher /Semi-Retired
Yeah but with 37s really need to regear. 4.10 gears are good for 33-35 (34.5” actual on many). I think 35 or 315s pretty good. Plus like how the BFG ko2s come in a C loaded tire. Had some E rated tires on a Wrangjer I had, man those were stiff and led to a very uncomfortable road ride.

OP
OP
leopardprey

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
So some with the Mopar kit keep stock lca and add geometry correction brackets instead?
Mopar LCAs bs AEV geo correction brackets?

sounds like on both the Mopar or AEV kit, now reat

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
One thing to consider is this is really not an apples to apples comparison. MOPAR gives you new springs and new shocks that rude slightly differently. A spacer lift just raises your existing suspension so the ride is essentially the same.

A better consideration, imo, would be MoPAR or AEV 2.5 dualsport

vrael

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing & Content Creation
So some with the Mopar kit keep stock lca and add geometry correction brackets instead?
Mopar LCAs bs AEV geo correction brackets?
I was in a similar situation as you. I daily my JT and didn't want to go as big as I did on my JK (or run E-rated tires). Wanted to stay around 2", but most of the 2.5 kits are well over 3".

I used the MOPAR kit with MetalCloak brackets + track bar on 285/75R17 Toyo Open Countries. Feel like it was the sweet spot between stock and 37's.

Edit: Pics on my build thread if you want to see how it all looks together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
leopardprey

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
See you have Salta wheels also. I plan on getting Saltas as well - big debate for me is black or onyx.

your jeep looks very good as well.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
35s on the AEV is not too much of a gap regardless of steel bumpers or not at least on a non rubicon model (lower sitting fenders). At least in my opinion. I'm going that route on my Overland and have seen many pics of that set up personally on a few threads I've followed and it's the perfect sweet spot. Although I do have a steel bumper I don't have a winch. I wouldn't go any smaller of a tire though. I have Cooper AT3s in a 35 equivalent.

37s do look better but 35s aren't bad looking at all with the AEV. Maybe a Rubicon on 35s. I dont plan on going with 37s either and I'm definitely going withe AEV. And I initially was dead set on the Mopar one. After the continued raised prices on it especially considering what it comes with or should I say doesn't come with, I'm over Mopar. Way over priced.
Sponsored