Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceandrecruit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Executive Recruiter
Questions for those in the know. Overland model looking to add bigger tires (35 at most). I will not be rock crawling but will being doing some trail riding and beach stuff. I want a good road ride and was just thinking about a spacer lift to fit the tires but worry will lose shock response. I do a lot of camping and outdoor stuff so will need to haul lots of gear. I like that AEV is designed for overlanding and the Bilstein shocks are a longer term shock (Fox from my understanding is a 50,000 mile shock). What is opinion from much wiser men than me? I had thought about the Rubicon Express with shock extensions (not shocks) but open to other ideas too. Thanks.
If you like how your truck rides now, you won’t need shocks with the Aev spacer lift. You can add AEV’s geometry correction brackets if you want to keep the ride as close to stock as possible.
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
after checking everything over and retorquing, the Aev spacer lift has been great. I have about 2,500 miles on it now and run a pretty heavy set up in the summer months with drawers, an Alucab canopy and gen3 tent on top with an awning. At the recommendation of others on the forum I added airlift 1000’s to the rear coils to eliminate sag and Keep factory rake purportions. I run them at approx. 30% and can’t tell they are even there, but have no sag.

no regrets going this route. It has been effective and economical and will let me get value out of the factory fox setup. See you on the trails.
Matty, what system do you use for your airlift, i.e. inflation?

MattyB80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceandrecruit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Executive Recruiter
Matty, what system do you use for your airlift, i.e. inflation?
whatever is around. If I’m home just my garage compressor or if I’m travelling a portable viair pump. There’s two schraeder valves under the bumper. One for each side.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
For folks with the AEV 2” BB, are you seeing a “bowing” of your front driver side coil spring post lift??? Some folks had been seeing an “issue” (although Mopar says it’s normal even in their lift kit, so non issue) with other BB’s, just curious, apparently more pronounced on driver front coil vs passenger front....

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Overland June 2019. Installed the MOPAR lift with 3/4" spacer up front to compensate for the aftermarket bumper and winch. Got it installed around October 2019 at around 4,000 miles. No aftermarket track bar or other components. I had MTs, but now I have ATs (35"s). I have had no problems and it rides good. I tow a 16' trailer with ATVs, boat, 22' RV, travel a lot, and go off roading and have had no problems with the kit. Yet! And I have 60,000 miles now. Only my opinion though. Do your research!

Sponsored

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I went with the AEV spacer kit. I like it just fine. I have the AEV 3.5” DS on my JKUR and love it. I really don’t need more spring on the JTR. It has the articulation I need. The spacers raise the belly enough for me. The JK needed more lift, so the full kit was needed. I like my JT Rubi springs and shocks and didn’t like the idea of tossing them.. I’m happy with the choice. Good luck with yours.

Before and after shots with stock tires and wheels. Bigger tires coming when I spot the next good sale.

4AF49463-2EAC-4B41-B566-720AA22C423A.jpeg

EE63CF70-C223-45B1-8C54-A2EBECCDE58E.jpeg
Sorry to dig this up. Is the AEV kit 2” front and rear?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to dig this up. Is the AEV kit 2” front and rear?
‘I did not measure closely. It seems very even to me. I was after an even 2” to give a bit of clearance for 37” BFGs. I was not wanting to adjust the rake. This kit gave me what I wanted.

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
figure the clunking out? Mine is doing it also

I put in the AEV Spacer lift yesterday. I have about 12k miles under my belt on a 2020 JTR and did the install on my 2021 JTR. The look is awesome and I like the idea of keeping the factory fox suspension package. The ride feels a bit sharper, particularly in the front, and I’m hearing a clunking sound and wondering if the lower shock bracket is making noise. Will have to investigate and report back.

Rzrhawg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Reviving an old thread. I am torn between these two. I am leaning toward the Mopar Lift to get the better shocks since I have a Sport. Any feedback on the Sport with the AEV spacers?

Sponsored

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Reviving an old thread. I am torn between these two. I am leaning toward the Mopar Lift to get the better shocks since I have a Sport. Any feedback on the Sport with the AEV spacers?
I’ve been very happy with AEV spacers. No clunks and rides great. Recently updated to longer shocks so I got rid of the shock extensions.

Also, it keeps the factory rake. I installed Rubicon front springs to level it out a bit.

8002F9F6-4495-4FB4-8DF4-3E4412BEB999.jpeg

6833BA2D-1F94-4A44-8C53-0D357A416CA2.jpeg

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
my one question is those who say if you go wheeling you should get a real lift, would the spacer kit not retain the oem suspension flexing abilities? I absolutely plan to wheel more and the spacer kit with 37s is my plan to get a solid beginner's wheeler.

I would think the spacer kit and bigger tires would simply allow me some more ground clearance, without hindering the trucks current offroad performance. Correct?

sirsvaylance

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Software engineer
my one question is those who say if you go wheeling you should get a real lift, would the spacer kit not retain the oem suspension flexing abilities? I absolutely plan to wheel more and the spacer kit with 37s is my plan to get a solid beginner's wheeler.

I would think the spacer kit and bigger tires would simply allow me some more ground clearance, without hindering the trucks current offroad performance. Correct?
That is my question as well, did you ever get an answer?

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
That is my question as well, did you ever get an answer?
nothing that wasnt a "I spent more money on a real lift therefore it is better". I ordered the spacer kit and wheels+tires anyways because imo it seems like the most cost effective route to helping the gladiator in departure angle, breakover angle, and axle clearance while retaining stock ride quality.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
nothing that wasnt a "I spent more money on a real lift therefore it is better". I ordered the spacer kit and wheels+tires anyways because imo it seems like the most cost effective route to helping the gladiator in departure angle, breakover angle, and axle clearance while retaining stock ride quality.
I asked this question and was surprised by some responses.
I thought basically any aftermarket lift that included control arms would allow far more articulation than the OEM rubber clevite bushings, and be superior for crawling. OEM isn’t bad for NVH suppression.
Somebody showed me a pic of their spacer lifted jeep totally flexed out so it’s not like OEM arms won’t do it, just not quite as extreme as like a Metalcloak or Johnny joint or advanced bushing design like teraflex alpine or RK adventure pro, etc.
I’ve got an AEV spacer lift and geometry brackets and am very happy. I want to upgrade from the Rubicon shocks, so my next decision is either stick with spacers and upgrade shocks, or also upgrade arms and springs as well. To be honest I probably would be perfectly satisfied with just spacers and upgraded shocks.
Sponsored