First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Installed on March 14. I have no complaints. This is just a spacer kit so the springs and shocks on the truck remain the same. Cheap kits with shocks and springs with little R&D can definitely muck up the ride and handling.

2” is all I wanted and this spacer kit fits my needs. Spacers, longer end links, the drive shaft monoblock spacer and the procal... all the pieces I really need for the stance and tire clearance I’m after. I think my JKUR 3.5” bundle cost me around $1800 back in 20112. I don’t regret that lift. It drove great and was a good fit for that jk and my needs. The JT doesn’t need as much, so I opted for this spacer kit.

I had given a lot of thought to the Mopar lift figuring it had been well designed and tested. When I saw the AEV spacer kit, I realized immediately that it was a perfect fit for me.

I don’t ever advise cheaping out on a suspension. I consider it wasted time and money. Just think hard about what you want in the end. Good luck with your choices.
Thanks for your feedback! My AEV spacer kit is on the way for my JTR. I don't mind spending $450 on the spacer kit to get the wheels and tires while I wait for the true AEV 2.5" dual sport to release.

Question, is your Caster still in spec with the AEV spacer lift? I was going to buy the stamped geo brackets but don't want to spend the extra $300 when the kit will come with them.
Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
FWIW, the Mopar kit rides really well IMO. I have it on my sport max tow and it rides better than stock. It really has all you need for the lift. I got 2.5" out of mine so I'm certain you'll get at least 2" on a Rubicon. Knowing AEV as you mentioned, they always do a great job so you can't go wrong either way.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your feedback! My AEV spacer kit is on the way for my JTR. I don't mind spending $450 on the spacer kit to get the wheels and tires while I wait for the true AEV 2.5" dual sport to release.

Question, is your Caster still in spec with the AEV spacer lift? I was going to buy the stamped geo brackets but don't want to spend the extra $300 when the kit will come with them.
I never measured the caster. It drives fine and I figure if the kit would push things out of spec, AEV would address it in the kit one way or another.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Another vote for the AEV 2" spacer. I am currently using as a temporary solution till the 2.5 DS is released. According to AEV may happen sooner than later with the 5100 shocks. I added Synergy Manufacturing front upper and lower control arms to dial in the front end as well as the front track bar brace. Was a huge improvement in handling

Connkeus

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, future 2020 JTR?
Occupation
Pharm
I'd wait man. The [Banned Site] guy did a video on sema (found on youtube) where he interviewed one of the engineers from AEV who showed off a full spring/shock kit for their gladiator - I'm waiting for this to come out over the spacer kit. AEV has more experience w/ suspension for a jeep truck (ie. brute) Find the video and watch, I think you'll be happy to wait for it - imagine production has been held up due to covid

***edit - they censored [Banned Site], ha! It's the Asian guy w/ a pony tail that runs his own site and can be found brown nosin mel wade on every jk experience ;)

Sponsored

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm constantly debating a spacer lift vs Mopar but like you I've technically already paid for the upgraded shocks, etc with the Rubi. Plus the ride is amazing. I would like the larger Fox shocks but I think a spacer lift would do just fine. I like the full AEV spacer kit but I do not need the calibrator which is annoying that is included.

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
I'm constantly debating a spacer lift vs Mopar but like you I've technically already paid for the upgraded shocks, etc with the Rubi. Plus the ride is amazing. I would like the larger Fox shocks but I think a spacer lift would do just fine. I like the full AEV spacer kit but I do not need the calibrator which is annoying that is included.
Agreed regarding the sensor. Wish they had a package you could get without it since it for sure bumps up the price.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed regarding the sensor. Wish they had a package you could get without it since it for sure bumps up the price.
I am tempted to contact them and see if they will sell the kit without the calibrator for a cheaper price. I have a feeling that is not an option but worth trying.

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
I am tempted to contact them and see if they will sell the kit without the calibrator for a cheaper price. I have a feeling that is not an option but worth trying.
Definitely worth a shot. Worse thing they can do is say no. Let us know if you do and what you find out.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Contact Nuthouse Industries in Morrow, OH. THey may be able to sell you the kit minus the Procal. I was able to switch mine out for a TazerJL

Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I'd wait man. The [Banned Site] guy did a video on sema (found on youtube) where he interviewed one of the engineers from AEV who showed off a full spring/shock kit for their gladiator - I'm waiting for this to come out over the spacer kit. AEV has more experience w/ suspension for a jeep truck (ie. brute) Find the video and watch, I think you'll be happy to wait for it - imagine production has been held up due to covid

***edit - they censored [Banned Site], ha! It's the Asian guy w/ a pony tail that runs his own site and can be found brown nosin mel wade on every jk experience ;)
Why is way a life a banned site here???

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
After having the Mopar kit for a month, with 500 plus miles on dirt alone I wish I would have gone with the AEV spacer kit and then the full AEV kit when it is released. At first the Mopar lift seemed to have a better ride then the OEM Rubicon Suspension. However after a couple thousand miles, it has softened up way too much. I will likely be pulling the shocks and replacing them with either Icon or Falcons. It should be noted, I have about 200 lbs constantly in the bed from my tent and rack. However this is no more weight then always having a bigger passenger in the backseat would be.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After having the Mopar kit for a month, with 500 plus miles on dirt alone I wish I would have gone with the AEV spacer kit and then the full AEV kit when it is released. At first the Mopar lift seemed to have a better ride then the OEM Rubicon Suspension. However after a couple thousand miles, it has softened up way too much. I will likely be pulling the shocks and replacing them with either Icon or Falcons. It should be noted, I have about 200 lbs constantly in the bed from my tent and rack. However this is no more weight then always having a bigger passenger in the backseat would be.
This is interesting. Too soft as in diving while braking, rocking after stopping, or what type of symptoms from being too soft? This is the first I've heard, generally people are very happy with the Mopar lift but that is usually right after install. Not many reviews later down the road.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I did contact AEV, and they were very helpful. They did advise me they will be releasing there 2.5” kit by mid to late July of this year. If that holds true that would align with when my Gladiator shows up and will most likely be what I end up going with. So here’s to hoping it holds true.
Sponsored