First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
My JTRD will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Trying to get the Mopar 2 inch diesel specific lift ordered and ready to go on. Install by the dealership. A few questions.

1. Front Track Bar. What's the consensus? Is it better or not really needed? If needed .... will the dealership be ok to install it? If needed .... any opinions on a good track bar.
2. Leveling spacers. I do not want the factory rake. Is the consensus 3/4" or 1 inch front spacer? Not looking at a front winch, but I will have the steel bumper. Not towing or hauling large loads. Just want the truck to be level.
3. Can you guys recommend a quality spacer?
4. After the lift .... is an alignment necessary. Seems like it is.

Dealership wants to charge $2300 for lift and install. That includes the front spacers, but does not include a front track bar or alignment.

Sorry if thread is redundant. Been reading as much as I can.

TIA.
Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
My JTRD will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Trying to get the Mopar 2 inch diesel specific lift ordered and ready to go on. Install by the dealership. A few questions.

1. Front Track Bar. What's the consensus? Is it better or not really needed? If needed .... will the dealership be ok to install it? If needed .... any opinions on a good track bar.
2. Leveling spacers. I do not want the factory rake. Is the consensus 3/4" or 1 inch front spacer? Not looking at a front winch, but I will have the steel bumper. Not towing or hauling large loads. Just want the truck to be level.
3. Can you guys recommend a quality spacer?
4. After the lift .... is an alignment necessary. Seems like it is.

Dealership wants to charge $2300 for lift and install. That includes the front spacers, but does not include a front track bar or alignment.

Sorry if thread is redundant. Been reading as much as I can.

TIA.
Sorry not a real help- but I've read that the track bar is better/needed. I also think an alignment should be included in the install price. I get the appeal of the OEM JTRD lift, but after addition of track bar/leveling, etc, etc... I've been holding out for more complete package/options. I've also read about several members not being happy with the OEM Diesel lift after a while. That being said- there are also many out there happy with the product and the OEM/Warranty piece of mind even though that shouldn't be an issue with any lift.

Good luck and keep us updated on the progress!

mayerrony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I had dealer do the Mopar lift on my JT RubiDiesel.

1) I have had a Clayton adjustable front track bar in my garage for a while, but haven't gotten around to installing it since it isnt too bad. Maybe a 1/2" difference in driver and passenger front tires.

2) I went with 3/4" spacer, and looking back, I wish I had gone with 1 1/2". I have the steel offroad bumper with a winch. There is a noticeable rake, after a few weeks with the lift. Even with the 2" lift, the front bottoms out every now and then.

3) No idea on quality, but I used the Teraflex spacers, dealer put it on when the did the lift.

4) The dealer also aligned it, it is definitely required. I prefered dealer to do everything so they have no excuse, come warranty time, if ever needed.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
1. Not really needed
2. 3/4"
3. Teraflex
4. Nothing to adjust other than toe-in which isn't affected by lift

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Just installed mine today on my Willys. I have front and rear track bars, just didn't install them yet. Figured I would measure and see how far off I am, then go from there.

I wasn't sure about an alignment either--technically, I didn't really touch any of the steering components, so it shouldn't need anything... but I know I am constantly turning the wheel to the left slightly when driving, but it was like that since I've purchased it.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I know I am constantly turning the wheel to the left slightly when driving, but it was like that since I've purchased it.
Same with mine, except it was to the right. Had an alignment shop check the tie-in. It was off so they adjusted it to 1/8"-in, which is within specs and it corrected the issue.

Last edited:

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Been running the stock track bar in my JTD and it rides perfect, can barely notice the offset of the axles when looking at the rig. Not going to buy one anytime soon.

3/4" spacer only took out about 50% of the rake for me. To be 100% level i would go 1+ pucks and use teraflex.

I got mine aligned after the install. The guy didnt adjust anything so waste of money...

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Alignment doesnā€™t change. You just need to adjust draglink to get steering wheel back straight. Itā€™s truly the easiest thing you can do, takes 15 minutes by yourself.

Track bar is unnecessary with the 2ā€ lift with a 1/2ā€ front spacer. If you go with 3/4ā€+, likely need it in front. Rear is definitely not needed.

Dealer is basically charging you $1k in labor. Thatā€™s not bad, actually. 8hrs @ $100+ per hour

I agree with teraflex for the spacer.

Iā€™m still really enjoying my lift. Checks all the boxes for me.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
You do need a alignment. Yes, it doesnā€™t change much but my truck was out of spec after. Alignment got it within spec.

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I just got my JTRD back Thursday (three days ago) after the install. The truck handles way better than pre-installā€¦ less wandering, a firmer response to road surfaces, etc. I did hit one rather significant bump at about 50-ish mph and bottomed out the front right suspension. Other bumps have been well controlled.

The price seems about right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2TH MVR

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
Thanks everyone.
Looks like the supply issues are affecting the supply of the mopar lifts. Dealership is going to order one or ask around to find one.
I'll go ahead and leave out the track bar for now.
I'll order the 1 inch Teraflex front spacer and have the dealership install when they do the lift.
I'm going to have the alignment done .... just for sake of mind.
Next up. Tire and wheels. Hoping to have them available to be dropped off at the dealer ship so I can pick up the JTRD fully lifted with tires and wheels.

I'm getting the mod bug even though I do not have the Jeep yet lol.
So excited. Already have a vin number.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
What adjustments did they make?
You do need a alignment. Yes, it doesnā€™t change much but my truck was out of spec after. Alignment got it within spec.
Iā€™d be curious what adjustment was made.

If your toe was out of spec after the lift, it was out before the lift.
otherwise, only thing you can adjust with factory or mopar lift is steering wheel (drag link) and toe (tierod).

Kpunk'n

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator rubicon diesel
Like my Mopar lift. I will add an adjustable track bar at some point and front bump-stops because I have an aftermarket bumper and winch. Presently it drives great no problems. You do not need an alignment.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Iā€™d be curious what adjustment was made.

If your toe was out of spec after the lift, it was out before the lift.
otherwise, only thing you can adjust with factory or mopar lift is steering wheel (drag link) and toe (tierod).
Yeah it was toe. Vehicle only had 200 miles on it so it wasnā€™t out of spec before. Drove fine off the lot and drove okay after but you could tell it was slightly off. Alignment fixed them both.
Sponsored