Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
One thing to note though is that it appears that Jeep is not offering the steel bumper on the Mojave due to the added weight Front end weight is bad for dune running and dune running is what they built this version for. They also raised the front by and inch to get more travel before bottoming out. Adding 400lbs from the diesel right over the front axle would not sit well with the other things they have done to lighten the front end.

I'm not so sure the diesel would be a good choice for desert running/dune surfing. From comparisons (granted, from JLs) online, the diesel is roughly just as fast, but feels less quick (that would kind of kill the fun factor I would think). I also would think (I don't know since I don't desert run or dune surf) that the extra low end torque would not be needed as much in high speed driving.
Sadly these are all valid points which might make the "no diesel" true. Additionally, at least on the JL, they drop the gearing to 3.73 for diesel since it doesn't need the torque from the gearbox. That might rob some of the fun in the JT, or maybe that makes it better. At the end of the day, I want the Mojave to feel like a sporty pre-runner that will let me do 50 down a washboard road and still corner without going up on 2 wheels when there is a curve in the road.

I'd love to see a true overlanding (not the mall crawler that has the Overland name on it ;) ) model released by Jeep. Give it a diesel motor with a extra large tank (say 25-30 gallons) and a suspension designed to eat up rough dirt roads with extra weight. That would be really sweet.
I would LOVE for them to make Overland mean something on that model, it's not really even a good Sahara imitation imo.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Where are these sourced from ... hoping to get something for the Aussie market?

(Yes, yes, hopeful i know! ;) )

Hickoryhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo
So now I want to get in there and mess around with the build tool on jeep.com... any idea when the Mojave will be on that page?

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly these are all valid points which might make the "no diesel" true. Additionally, at least on the JL, they drop the gearing to 3.73 for diesel since it doesn't need the torque from the gearbox. That might rob some of the fun in the JT, or maybe that makes it better.
The "no diesel" could have been me just reading between the lines with what I said above and that there was no mention of a forth coming diesel option in the unveiling in Chicago.

At the end of the day, I want the Mojave to feel like a sporty pre-runner that will let me do 50 down a washboard road and still corner without going up on 2 wheels when there is a curve in the road.
You might be better served waiting for the Ranger Raptor for this. Jeep has offered high HP versions of the Grand Cherokee so we might one day see a "fast" Wrangler based offering. On the other hand, people have been running superchargers on the 3.6L for years now. Just say'n :idea:

I would LOVE for them to make Overland mean something on that model, it's not really even a good Sahara imitation imo.
My hope is that they move the mall crawler (I don't mean this in a negative way) designed Jeeps into the High Altitude lineup and convert the Overland lineup to a true overlanding lineup. They did make the Wayout concept, so that moniker is probably open for them to use.

Sponsored

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Toyota Prius, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 ZX14R
please post anything you find out about this snorkel.

I didn't know you could get a JT with a block heater. i'll be ordering that on my next one.
Here it is on a Wrangler 82215350AB

upload_2020-3-10_14-25-10.png

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I've updated my spreadsheet with the Mojave and added a section for Mopar addons. I need to go in and update the "new" prices for the other 4 models now... most Invoice pricing bumped up around 10% it seems. So getting Invoice or below Invoice will be higher than it used to be.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Here it is on a Wrangler 82215350AB

upload_2020-3-10_14-25-10.png
so it is the normal mopar snorkel, just installed from factory? it appears so, very cool.

Sponsored

Chef H

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK, VW Beetle
I've updated my spreadsheet with the Mojave and added a section for Mopar addons. I need to go in and update the "new" prices for the other 4 models now... most Invoice pricing bumped up around 10% it seems. So getting Invoice or below Invoice will be higher than it used to be.
Is there a way to get a spreadsheet for the unlimited wranglers so I can compare pricing?

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Does anyone know if the max tow package will be available with the manual transmission moving forward? The build and price tool currently lets you price with them together. I know this option previously was only available with the auto transmission on the sport models. Any insight is appreciated!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the max tow package will be available with the manual transmission moving forward? The build and price tool currently lets you price with them together. I know this option previously was only available with the auto transmission on the sport models. Any insight is appreciated!
Pretty sure that’s a mistake in the configurator tool, which happens from time to time. Manuals are capped at 4500 pound tow rating, so they will never be available with Max Tow.

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT

Now thats an interesting observation. It could be a bug but someone in some other M/T thread speculated that the clutch-plate was the reason for the lower towing number for the M/T across all models. Maybe the newer clutch plate allows for a higher towering allowance, that would be pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if the new clutch plate allows for a higher trailer payload but also wouldn't be surprised it it's still not as much as the auto.