2021 Bronco

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Call me devil's advocate. Ford is supposed to release the 2021 Bronco on July 13th with their turbo 2.7 liter, 7 speed manual, removable top/doors etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com

Obviously it's aimed right at competing with Jeep

Thoughts?
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Been looking forward for more info on the Bronco for months. Came pretty close to getting a JTR a while back, but still too many quality reservations and pricing concerns.

If the Bronco carries a strong tow rating (5500 - 6500), I'll be sorely tempted. If Jeep drops in the 5.7 or lowers the price of the 3.6, then they can still get me.

Few loyalists on this forum can seem to admit it for some reason, but the return of the Bronco should mean a much better, maybe cheaper, Jeep.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Been looking forward for more info on the Bronco for months. Came pretty close to getting a JTR a while back, but still too many quality reservations and pricing concerns.

If the Bronco carries a strong tow rating (5500 - 6500), I'll be sorely tempted. If Jeep drops in the 5.7 or lowers the price of the 3.6, then they can still get me.

Few loyalists on this forum can seem to admit it for some reason, but the return of the Bronco should mean a much better, maybe cheaper, Jeep.
Oh beautiful capitalism

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Bring it on. I love all true 4 wheel vehicles. Competition is good for all. Keeps all brands pushing forward, looking at price points and hopefully listening to their customer base.

Can't wait to see it. Never consider one but love to see other get one.

Sponsored

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
  • Just like the Gladiator, I suspect it will leave you lacking as to what you would like and expect. Car manufacturers pretty much have their hands tied as to what they can put on the market. The glory years are gone unless you live where you can buy a series 70 Toyota yet.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Actually, ford’s initial quality is well behind FCA flagship brands Dodge, Ram and Jeep. Bronco will be plenty cool but I’d be concerned at how long its taken to come to market. I welcome it, will make the jeep brand stay sharp.

Mopar or no car!

0619BFE1-29AB-4A7D-8157-95AD33DB6872.jpeg

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Since I test drive a Sport S Max Tow yesterday and loved it - I'm excited to see what the Bronco does for pricing over the next several months.
Only reason I didn't leave the dealer with a Gator Green Gladiator was that they wouldn't get me the price I wanted while getting me out of my Suzuki at the same time.
Now I throw money into paying off my SX4 so I can hopefully get myself a nice xmas gift this year XD.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
OK, what I'm seeing in that article leaves me slightly impressed. I was sure everything Ford was saying about the new Bronco was nonsense hype and what they'd actually deliver would be a lame Ranger with a cap on the back.

If the pictures in that article really are the new Bronco, that's great! It will mean Ford has an actual off road vehicle that can complete with Jeep. And that competition is good for everyone.

As a Mustang enthusiast, I'm somewhat familiar with Ford history. Most people aren't aware that Ford engineers have cranked out some pioneering designs. We know Chevrolet copied the Mustang concept with the Camaro. We know Chevrolet copied the Ranchero concept with the El Camino. The F-150 was first to have a high output, turbocharged V6 engine and aluminum bed. (Chevrolet couldn't keep up and created ridiculous ads criticizing the aluminum bed. But really, they're just jealous.) Too bad it appears Chevrolet is phoning it in with their new Blazer. A good, three way competition would be even better.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Too me, the Bronco is an SUV not a truck. I need a bed because I do carry big things on occasion that wouldn’t fit in an SUV of any size. So the Bronco I feel is more aligned to compete with the standard 2 and 4 door Jeeps than the Gladiators.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I still maintain that Jeep allowed themselves to fall behind (if this happens) by not offering the 5.7 Hemi in the JTR and Max Tow models. If they had, they would be so far ahead of the game, they'd feel left-behind.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Too me, the Bronco is an SUV not a truck. I need a bed because I do carry big things on occasion that wouldn’t fit in an SUV of any size. So the Bronco I feel is more aligned to compete with the standard 2 and 4 door Jeeps than the Gladiators.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 1593406907305

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Love how the general discussion about the new Bronco, without comparing it to the gladiator, was moved to the "Gladiator versus" section. The mods on this site are real pieces of work.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
OK, what I'm seeing in that article leaves me slightly impressed. I was sure everything Ford was saying about the new Bronco was nonsense hype and what they'd actually deliver would be a lame Ranger with a cap on the back.

If the pictures in that article really are the new Bronco, that's great! It will mean Ford has an actual off road vehicle that can complete with Jeep. And that competition is good for everyone.

As a Mustang enthusiast, I'm somewhat familiar with Ford history. Most people aren't aware that Ford engineers have cranked out some pioneering designs. We know Chevrolet copied the Mustang concept with the Camaro. We know Chevrolet copied the Ranchero concept with the El Camino. The F-150 was first to have a high output, turbocharged V6 engine and aluminum bed. (Chevrolet couldn't keep up and created ridiculous ads criticizing the aluminum bed. But really, they're just jealous.) Too bad it appears Chevrolet is phoning it in with their new Blazer. A good, three way competition would be even better.
Competition is good FCA really needs somebody to compete with them in this space. removable top and doors really come at one of the biggest features that jeep offers that is unique.

If they can get that tow rating up there and payload high it will probably come at a decent chuck of gladitator sales. I truethfully don't find the short bed all that useful, but the ability to haul a 16ft trailer or camper easily while still having all the features the bronco is likely to offer is exciting to see.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the picture. I have not seen that option until now. But I am still not sure if anyone would be able to carry anything
large like a couch or a few sheets of plywood in the bed. Any spec on the bed size?

On another note, and more on par with the OP. I do think it is a cool looking vehicle and if it holds true to the original Bronco’s pedigree it should also be very capable off road.
Sponsored