Sponsored

2021 Bronco

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I see Jeep has announced some changes to the 2021 option lineup now as a result. The push being too include more standard features on all models.

keep something in mind guys....all the “issues” with the wrangler are explained away because you can take the doors and roof off and solid axels. The Bronco does the same but likely at a better ride quality. As long as it is an off-road contender it will be fine.

take note too...Jeep is now offering select trac on more wrangler models too. Why? So it’s better at the mall.
Yea but with an IFS is it ever really a real contender
It may be with many owners though.
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Nice that we can chat about the Bronco now. Some months ago I kept getting trashed whenever I brought it up. 'Course, those two or three folks have disappeared thankfully.

I don't think they liked my phrase: Brand loyalty shouldn't be blind loyalty. I think it has a nice ring and truth to it. I want the Bronco to make the Wrangler/JT better, cheaper and sharpen Jeep's QA. Not sure why any Jeep owner wouldn't want the same.

I will be cross shopping the Bronco 4 dr to the JT, with some interest in the 2021 Durango V8s as well. Me wanting a fun SUV that can tow 5K+ lbs is what got me into the market over a year ago. Will be paying close attention to the Bronco tow rating, as this is a big part of my interest in the JT.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Because it’s not on the current docket or we’d know about it already. They’re not launching two new mid trucks within a year or 2 of each other.
I read that the gladiator competitor was slated for 2024.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
So just watched the Bronco teaser ad from Ford on YouTube and a “premonition“ popped into my head. We are all well aware that 90% of Wrangler owners will never have a need for solid front axles as most are simply grocery getters at best. I’m pretty sure that the bronco is going to out preform the Wrangler on a daily basis as an SUV. When it comes to true off-road capability I think the Wrangler is going to continue to win the day. Does anyone think that to compete with the daily usability of the Broncos that Jeep will switch/offer a IFS variation of the Wrangler and just keep the solid front ends for the Rubicon and say the Willy’s?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
So just watched the Bronco teaser ad from Ford on YouTube and a “premonition“ popped into my head. We are all well aware that 90% of Wrangler owners will never have a need for solid front axles as most are simply grocery getters at best. I’m pretty sure that the bronco is going to out preform the Wrangler on a daily basis as an SUV. When it comes to true off-road capability I think the Wrangler is going to continue to win the day. Does anyone think that to compete with the daily usability of the Broncos that Jeep will switch/offer a IFS variation of the Wrangler and just keep the solid front ends for the Rubicon and say the Willy’s?
No, I think the Jeep front end and front diff. are actually a visual draw for people buying mall crawlers. Jeep should slap a nice visual cover on the front diff. to remind the mall crawlers what they really want. lol..

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
No, but I bet that they will get their sh!t together on their steering issues finally!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I do have a strong jeep loyalty (not to who makes it just the series of vehicles itself) but I really do hope Ford spanks Chrysler. Make them take it a little more seriously.
My favorites have generally been Toyota > Jeep > Ford but I'm feeling the same way... I want the Bronco to slap the Wrangler and 4Runner upside their heads so hard that they both realize what their vehicles need to be.

I mean the 2.7L Eco is a perfect mid-size engine IMO.

Sponsored

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
The engine discussion is certainly valid. For me the biggest issue with the bronco is the lack of a solid front axle. I go offroad quite a bit and although IFS has become stronger/more reliable, a solid front axle has always been stronger in my experience and for where I use the vehicle.

I hope the bronco is a worthy competitor.
This. Was talking to a guy in a modded Colorado the other day. Biggest complaint was the lack of a solid front axle. JT wasn't out when he bought it.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The SFA is like 60% of why I traded my Tacoma and the other 40% is the superior payload. I'm not going to knock the value of it but I think Jeep people tend to over-assess its value over IFS for the average person.

The SFA is superior off road but it's really only necessary after you've hit the ceiling of the IFS system. I'd be shocked if even 15% of JL unit sold have done a trail that can't be done in a comparable 4Runner.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Bronco people will have a talking point or three. Meh. Jeep. Jeep. Jeep.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Where is the confirmation of the 2.7l ecoboost? I’ve only seen the 2.3l ecoboost that’s in the Ranger mentioned as of late. 2.7l would make me want one, 2.3l wouldn’t make me want to make the switch.