Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
On fords website it has the base at 28500
Yeah but “base” and “starting at” means bare bones...standard transmission, soft top, 4” monitor....and there is no pricing on the site for what those upgrades will cost. I love the thing but ill be curious to see what one of these “sasquatch” base models actually sells for on the lot.

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Yeah but “base” and “starting at” means bare bones...standard transmission, soft top, 4” monitor....and there is no pricing on the site for what those upgrades will cost. I love the thing but ill be curious to see what one of these “sasquatch” base models actually sells for on the lot.
Agree, its getting common these days for companies to make low price "teaser" vehicles, but they are never seen on the lot. All the ones for dealer allocation have a bunch of goodies ($$) on them. We will see but I would be willing to bet the Sasquatch package will be about 6K, add auto, 2.7... and suddenly that 28000 truck is way more than that. Just look how pricing out a gladiator goes hahahaha.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Agree, its getting common these days for companies to make low price "teaser" vehicles, but they are never seen on the lot. All the ones for dealer allocation have a bunch of goodies ($$) on them. We will see but I would be willing to bet the Sasquatch package will be about 6K, add auto, 2.7... and suddenly that 28000 truck is way more than that. Just look how pricing out a gladiator goes hahahaha.
Yep just like every other vehicle. You want wipers, that’ll be $2k extra.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Semi agree however, “standard features” on the base include power windows, mirrors (heated), locks, 8in touch screen, hard top comes standard on 2 door. This is all right on fords website that you didn’t read.

Say the Sasquatch package is 3k (I have no idea but seems fair) you get Billstien reservoir shocks, locking diffs, 4.7 gear ratio, 35in tires and those sweet 17” beadlock wheels.

You could potentially get a near rubicon set up for under 32k msrp

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I still maintain that Jeep allowed themselves to fall behind (if this happens) by not offering the 5.7 Hemi in the JTR and Max Tow models. If they had, they would be so far ahead of the game, they'd feel left-behind.
Exactly and now they need to offer an affordable option if possible to just drop in hemi to current owners as you had mentioned in another post I believe. If they could offer a drop in for a couple thousand dollars you probably would have a huge number of takers not jumping ship

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
The new Defender is freaking amazing. Have you driven one? I was floored at how well they drive. They drive like a dream, look great in person, have some really cool features, and impressive off-road and towing abilities. They also offer a ton of great/cool factory accessories. If I could afford one and keep my Gladiator, I’d own one. Well., the 90 that is. The 110 is really big and wouldn’t make a lot of sense for me if I kept my gladiator.
Go on their site and price one out. I was quickly above $80K...

... for that, you get Land Rover's infamous lack of reliability, and their wacky styling that looks like a Mini Cooper on 33's. I wouldn't drive one for half their asking price. Fugly is fugly, and the Defender fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
If they offered a truck version of the Bronco I’d probably jump ship for one with the 2.7l Ecoboost. I love my Gladiator, after I did a lot of shit to actually make it drive good and look good. However, if I can get something out of the box that looks good stock, probably drives better and still has respectable offroad ability, and a way better engine, with no money, time, or effort for a competitive price then it’s a no brainer. Just sayin, can’t really refute that logic though...

The new Defender is freaking amazing. Have you driven one? I was floored at how well they drive. They drive like a dream, look great in person, have some really cool features, and impressive off-road and towing abilities. They also offer a ton of great/cool factory accessories. If I could afford one and keep my Gladiator, I’d own one. Well., the 90 that is. The 110 is really big and wouldn’t make a lot of sense for me if I kept my gladiator.
when i first saw it i thought the same thing, but i doubt they will make a pickup because it'll cannibalize their already-established pickup line (unless they're willing to scrap the ranger already).

Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
AMEN!!!!! I agree 150% - this IS the truck Jeep SHOULD build!
That's a no for me. It looks cool but that is about it.....zero room in it and you can't even put the seat back. Not many people would buy this.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Why has everyone got their hair on fire about the Bronco? It’s almost a year away and you can bet your a$$ the first year is going to be sold out with huge ADM on big profit upscale versions. Looks like an Edge to me with goggles. Bah Humbug, I say!!
Because it looks awesome and is a direct competitor to Jeep.....I considered walking away from the deposit on my JT that I've been waiting for since May but I really don't want to wait another year for a new vehicle. Also, I want the box the Gladiator offers. If I was waiting for a JL I would cancel and get the Bronco, no question.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Sasquatch Package. Has big feet. :LOL::CWL:. Now I'll listen but I won't buy... Whoever said above that this may cause a Jeep reaction may be right. Interesting. But this looks same as the seventies debate. Ford copied Jeep, still copying jeep. Ford people will be happy tho.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Hmmmm. Perhaps it's just one of those inflatable hamster balls.

It doesn’t need articulation, it just used inertia and bounced down that hill
Sponsored