2021 Bronco

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I like that the floors are (appear to be?) coated in an applied rubber instead of carpet. Hopefully Jeep is taking notes.

But to those mentioning a truck version, just don’t see it happening. The Bronco is built on a modified Ranger frame, and they would have no reason to cannibalize Ranger sales. MAYBE the Ranger take some cues from the Bronco in time, but a Bronco truck just doesn’t make sense.
Doubt it. The Honda Element did that and Jeep still didn't up their materials. But, it does seem like the carpet is easy to take off. I just for the life of me can't see why they hide all but 2 drain plugs under carpet or the underseat storage.

I removed my carpet and am still confused as to why Jeep does this. It seems like Ford has been listening to the jeep owners. Also WTF on the carpet that should be easy to remove to dry. Nope underseat storage needs to be fully removed, including the bolt box. Once I got the carpet out I was shocked by the number of drain plugs under there doing nobody any good because of how burried they are.

Also another thing, they actually figured out how to not mount the mirrors on the doors, such a simple item that causes jeep owners so much pain and suffering.

Luckily they don't have a truck to tempt me, because they solved two of my biggest issues with the JT, other than that nothing much else really bothers me.
Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
That whole report seems HIGHLY askew for me....

Lexus and Porsche have ALWAYS been at the top, its outrageous to see them that far down.

The only part that makes sense on that report is that Land Rover is at the bottom.

Jaguar is that high?I always heard from owners they were terribly unreliable. Cool though. Reminds me of my parents.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Why has everyone got their hair on fire about the Bronco? It’s almost a year away and you can bet your a$$ the first year is going to be sold out with huge ADM on big profit upscale versions. Looks like an Edge to me with goggles. Bah Humbug, I say!!
I actually reserved one. Unlike the FCAs Launch, Ford is going to prioritize reserved buyers ($100 refundable deposit) by producing reserved vehicles BEFORE dealer allocations. Real DA move by FCA to make LE buyers wait. My dealer already confirmed he will sell to me at XPlan (invoice price plus $150 fixed fee) because my order doesn’t affect his allotment. But for those that don’t reserve, expect AMV

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Hilarious. Everyone I know that owned an “EcoBoost” anything has had issues. Like stranded in the middle of nowhere issues.

Compare that to the 3.6L Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) engine and it’s not even a fair fight when it comes to reliability. Twin turbos on anything built for “remote travel” is a very bad idea. Those motors are the worst liability in the Bronco III picture.
100k trouble free miles on mine. No CEL lights, no leaks, no misses, no nothing other than occasional wastegate vibration.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Bronco has 190k paid reservations including mine. Ford is going to produce reserved vehicles before dealer allocations (take note FCA). I got the Black Diamond trim. Basically Sport S equivalent that has standard rear locker, steel bumpers, 32s, steelie rims, rock rails, skid plates, adjustable terrain, LED headlights, 8” monitor, floor mats, front and rear charging ports, push start, PW/PL, and marine grade seat plus advance safety equipment for MSRP of 38,545 including destination. I’m going to add the 2.7, so I will get 310 HP and 400 ft torque and still be in Sport S pricing territory. I mean WTF, why couldn’t FCA give me that for 44k MSRP. I know the towing number is 3500 lbs but that is due to class 2 hitch standard, with tow package (which I’m sure will have a trailer brake controller) it will be between the Explorer and Ranger 6k to 7500k lbs and have the torque to manage. Only chance I cancel order is if the Rubicon diesel gets to 45k at 7% below invoice.

Last edited:

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Yea, Ford didnt fuck around by giving manual windows on the base model

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
I'm willing to bet females will mostly buy this.
Probably the same % of females that purchase Wranglers ;) Mostly moms around me who drive Wranglers.

The first editions are already spoken for. Pretty sure you can still find a brand new LE Gladiator...more than a year later.

AZrolltide

First Name
Deante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave (soon)

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I removed my carpet and am still confused as to why Jeep does this. It seems like Ford has been listening to the jeep owners. Also WTF on the carpet that should be easy to remove to dry. Nope underseat storage needs to be fully removed, including the bolt box. Once I got the carpet out I was shocked by the number of drain plugs under there doing nobody any good because of how burried they are.
Did you look for the carpet tearouts for the other plugs like there is for the fronts? I would think FCA figures most wont take it out regularly, if ever. Dunno, just thinking

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I feel like Jeep is making a big mistake emphasizing the possibility of the 6.4 in the JL/JT. Too expensive. If Jeep wants to fight this threat, they should run the 5.7
Too expensive and too much power. IMHO no need for a 6.4 in this midsize truck. The 5.7 was insanely powerful in my Ram 1500 (full size). If they could shoehorn the 5.7L Hemi with an equally good transmission in the Gladiator, here's my money, take it now. I'd even forego a manual transmission for a powertrain like that in a Gladiator format. Ram transmission was the ZF 8HP70 8-speed. The 3.92:1 rear end didn't hurt.

FCA, are you listening? ;)

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
BTW Ford stock isn't and hasn't been doing great in quite a while

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Probably the same % of females that purchase Wranglers ;) Mostly moms around me who drive Wranglers.

The first editions are already spoken for. Pretty sure you can still find a brand new LE Gladiator...more than a year later.
Launch Edition sold out in one day. Delivery is another story, but your comparison is flawed.
Sponsored