Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Sasquatch Package. Has big feet. :LOL::CWL:. Now I'll listen but I won't buy... Whoever said above that this may cause a Jeep reaction may be right. Interesting. But this looks same as the seventies debate. Ford copied Jeep, still copying jeep. Ford people will be happy tho.

“Ford copied Jeep”?!

I love Jeeps, I love Ford but no sir, Ford did not copy Jeep. Ford made Jeep what it is today! Ford decided to get back in the game.

Still doesn’t mean I’ll replace my Gladiator with a Ford, but my wife wants the Bronco 4 door.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 7711F8AC-816B-4BC2-8070-5E3BDA1847EF
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The guys on TFL, who are... you know... not the greatest but they do have ok video content just not great commentary. Anyhow, they showed the pics of the 3 Broncos at the hotel after the trail (all made it eventually) and they were beat to hell.

The TFL guys mentioned they did the trail with Jeep in 9 supplied stock Wranglers and only 1 had any issue at any point and none had damage like the Broncos did. From stuff like slipping off these rocks or having the IFS eat up their ground clearance on certain obstacles.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The guys on TFL, who are... you know... not the greatest but they do have ok video content just not great commentary. Anyhow, they showed the pics of the 3 Broncos at the hotel after the trail (all made it eventually) and they were beat to hell.

The TFL guys mentioned they did the trail with Jeep in 9 supplied stock Wranglers and only 1 had any issue at any point and none had damage like the Broncos did. From stuff like slipping off these rocks or having the IFS eat up their ground clearance on certain obstacles.
And they had a Wrangler behind them to help get them unstuck if needed

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
“Ford copied Jeep”?!

I love Jeeps, I love Ford but no sir, Ford did not copy Jeep. Ford made Jeep what it is today! Ford decided to get back in the game.

Still doesn’t mean I’ll replace my Gladiator with a Ford, but my wife wants the Bronco 4 door.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 7711F8AC-816B-4BC2-8070-5E3BDA1847EF
From Wikipedia...

When it became clear that the United States would be involved in the European theater of World War II, the Army contacted 135 companies to create working prototypes of a four-wheel drive reconnaissance car. Only two companies responded: American Bantam Car Company and Willys-Overland.
..snip..

The Army thought that the Bantam company was too small to supply the required number of vehicles, so it supplied the Bantam design to Willys and Ford, and encouraged them to modify the design. The resulting Ford "Pygmy" and Willys "Quad" prototypes looked very similar to the Bantam BRC prototype, and Spicer supplied very similar four-wheel drivetrain components to all three manufacturers.[21]

1,500 of each model (Bantam BRC-40, Ford GP, and Willys MA) were built and extensively field-tested. After the weight specification was revised from 1,275 lb (578 kg) to a maximum of 2,450 lb (1,110 kg)[22][self-published source?] including oil and water, Willys-Overland's chief engineer Delmar "Barney" Roos modified the design in order to use Willys's heavy but powerful "Go Devil" engine, and won the initial production contract. The Willys version became the standard Jeep design, designated the model MB and was built at their plant in Toledo, Ohio. The familiar pressed-metal Jeep grille was a Ford design feature and incorporated in the final design by the Army. (Wow - did not know this...)

About Jeep
Jeep was originally built to manufacture military vehicles during the Word War II in the U.S. and the company was named then named Willy's Overland. After the war, Willy began to produce civilian cars under the CJ designation, while the struggling company was sold several times over the years. Up till today, Jeep has been owned by Chrysler since 1987. Through the years, Jeep has produced several highly recognized models in the world. The Wagoneer, a large four-door SUV, debuted in 1963 and remained relatively unchanged by 1991. The 2015 Wrangler was awarded the "Off-road Utility Vehicle of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writer's Association. The Cherokee is another successful model that was released in 1974 and is still in production currently. The present Cherokee gains high reputation for its 70 standard features including a long list of Jeep parts and new technologies designed for safety and security.
Mopar Parts Giant is your ultimate online store for Genuine OEM Jeep parts and accessories. Get the right parts and make your vehicle run at peak.
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com

Wolperdrinker

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW GTI, Gladiator Rubicon in my dreams

Can you link me to that video? The one I saw about this from TFL only mentioned a single Wrangler that was apparently with them, had Michigan plates.

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
All I know is I saw the pics and videos from the Bronco Badlands edition get eaten up by the Rubicon trail. Parts of the damn Bronco were missing. Skid plates were damaged. Bottom line is, if you can't flex your going to get serious damage. You need a solid from axel to get that type of flex. Ford Bronco if you truly want to compete with Jeep you need a solid front axel. Untill then you're hype story!

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Ford vs Willy’s , so glad Ford won the grill design!

F0D56DE5-19FE-4583-97DC-563BF6839609.jpeg

E6302221-A19B-4B3E-B881-452DF5EBA4D7.jpeg

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Where did that iconic Jeep Grill come from?

“Ford designed the now famous stamped grill during World War II. This is the same grill design that you see on Jeep Wranglers today. The original grill was composed of 9 slots. Willy’s-Overland Motor would later change their Jeeps to a 7 slot grill, which is what the Jeep brand has stuck with since. The move was made because Ford Motor Company had copyrighted the 9 slot grill.

( war history online published by Lincoln Riddle in Featured Military Vehicles)

And the name “Jeep”, where did that come from?

“The exact reason Jeep got the name Jeep is unknown. However, it is believed that it could be from Ford’s use of the abbreviation GP on the Ford GP and Ford GPW, with the “G” meaning “Government” and the “P” designating the vehicle as having a wheelbase of 80 inches. Other popular theories include an idea that it is based on the cartoon character, “Eugene the Jeep.” Wherever the name came from, it saw widespread use during World War II, to describe the legendary line of vehicles.”

(war history online published by Lincoln Riddle in Featured Military Vehicles)

I am sure most of us on here know a little Jeep history. If you want to instil even more pride in your drive, do a little research on the Jeep. For me the meaning of “it’s a Jeep thing you wouldn’t understand “ IS the history of the Jeep origin. The fact that the JEEP saved lives and helped the USA win WWII gives us great pride in that name.

For a vehicle to not need a name on the front because it is so identifiable by its face, is unprecedented. Yes Ford made that front end and Willy’s modified it eventually, but the Jeep is not a Ford. The Bronco though loved and revered will NEVER have the pride and love that the JEEP owns... FOREVER!

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Spotted the Bronco

20201231_142108.jpg

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
That is not a Bronco.
It is a Bronco Sport. Different entirely.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
This is the bronco. They won’t be out until later this summer. The Bronco Sport is a Cherokee competitor. Definitely not a wrangler threat. Although a stock one somehow climbed right up Hell’s Gate. All 1.5 liters 3 cylinders. Going to post link because it’s crazy. I easily would have bet 10k that a stock Bronco Sport couldn’t do it. It’s so low to the ground.

09DB5D3C-B7C9-48BD-BB6C-74E44E7D1E59.png

340295A2-3DFC-4EFF-A51B-E0BB105A4CB7.png

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
That is not a Bronco.
It is a Bronco Sport. Different entirely.
I'm relieved its not THE Bronco because that thing wasn't great looking.
Sponsored