First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
When mine went out at 4581 miles it was 45 days in the shop. 8100 in parts alone. Not s dime out of my pocket plus got a free rental Gladiator. Replaced from fuel injectors to the tank and all lines.
Sponsored

AwesomeDad

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
I am not understanding at this point why an updated pump or system fix hasn't surfaced. There may not be a lot of issues with the JT but across the board with all the models using this pump seemed to have similar issues. I'm not a bean counter but at roughly 10K per incident on the JT's when would it finally be cost effective to fix it.

JJ

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
They sent me a couple images of the parts on order and it was just approximately 5K in parts before labor.... Thx to Free2Roam for the 411 on Jeep Cares...I opened a case with them and asked for certain things so they opened the case and let's see where it goes. I absolutely love the truck. I got it and dumped about 30K into Rebel Offroad build, lift,winch,wheels, more stuff than i can list so I just want it back and be able to depend on it... It tows my boats, it does well in snow, love the way it drives, gets like 21-22 mpg even with 37's, love the power.......but I will sell it in a minute if it leaves me stranded again...

cotnballs2000

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
The Bosch diesel fuel pumps (European made) across the industry are having issues. I have heard Chevy owners having the same issues. Seems to be a fuel differences between Europe and the US.

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
The Bosch diesel fuel pumps (European made) across the industry are having issues. I have heard Chevy owners having the same issues. Seems to be a fuel differences between Europe and the US.
My understanding is that the US fuel has less lubricicity than European fuel. I have read the the European CP4's have hardly any issues due to the better fuel. I due plan on running an additive in mine. A lift pump might not be a bad idea for them to keep the pump from working as hard. I have not heard of a lift pump for these yet though.

Sponsored

cotnballs2000

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
My understanding is that the US fuel has less lubricicity than European fuel. I have read the the European CP4's have hardly any issues due to the better fuel. I due plan on running an additive in mine. A lift pump might not be a bad idea for them to keep the pump from working as hard. I have not heard of a lift pump for these yet though.
Yes, thats exactly what I read also.

Reactions: RS3

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I use Hot Shots ever since mine went out. No issues yet.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
Update...Still in shop, case opened with @JeepCares. Still no progress...only thing being communicated is fuel injectors on backordered with no ETA for receiving the. Just blown away that the entire supply chain is void of injectors....I am assuming they are still building new engines and those are not delayed but the parts/repair side of it is famine...
Sponsored