Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Snazzleberry
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my Jeep for 2 months and the drivers door leaks at the top when I stop and it’s raining out . I have never had anything taken off ever … help
Sponsored

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
I’ve had my Jeep for 2 months and the drivers door leaks at the top when I stop and it’s raining out . I have never had anything taken off ever … help
[Edit]

I am assuming the leak was at the door to roof seal and not the door to window seal if it is indeed the door to window seal then yes, as mentioned below take is straight to the dealership, window track and weatherstrip around windows can be a nightmare to fix DIY.

[/Edit]

It would be my recommendation to actually start taking things off and inspecting the seals. What happens from time to time is one of two things.

When your jeep was at the dealer and you had not taken delivery of it or it was still just a sitting model the sales reps could have shown the vehicle and removed and reinstalled the panels incorrectly or even pulled the soft top back into place wrong.

Also from the factory itself. They are not perfect. I had an odd wind noise coming from the front passenger side near the bottom of the window near the tweeter, I just played it off to "jeep road noise" on an unrelated issues I was upgrading the tweeters and decided to drop the glass down to ease in soldering in the new speakers and that's when I found a piece of body glue had come loose at some point in manufacturing and wedged itself in the rubber seal around the bottom corner of the windshield. I pulled this out let the jeep sit in the sun for a few hours the seal relaxed into place and when I pushed the window up and secured it all was good, no more road noise.

TLDR: remove and inspect your panels and seals, one might be folded or just out of place. Plus you get the added bonus of exploring and gaining confidence in the workings of your awesome off road jeeptruck

Last edited:

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Since it's brand new, why not take it to a dealer first?

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager

Nope, your frame of thought is the most correct for sure. One could say take it to the man first with no clue whats actually wrong.

I just always try to problem solve first and know what is the failure point, when I do find it I can then take it and have it corrected. If I cannot find it or I am unsure then yeah, absolutely seek help which often involves a call to a technician willing to speak to me, not the dealer service rep. Not all dealers are created equal and not all technicians are as passionate about other peoples property as the owner. Hints so many dealers denying issues and warranties. If they all had the same respect for others equipment as they do their own we would never see a poor dealer review.

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, dont know if you have figured it out yet, but just in case, this MAY help:

I have had my '21 since July, and I had the same issue. It had to be a heavy rain, but it was happening nonetheless.

I took my freedom panels off and when I put them back on, I no longer had any issues. Maybe it wasnt seated properly from the factory, or something was caught up in it, but I no longer have water leaking in.

I know it's a "shut it off and turn it back on again" type of suggestion, but JIC. Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sapper

Sapper

First Name
Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, dont know if you have figured it out yet, but just in case, this MAY help:

I have had my '21 since July, and I had the same issue. It had to be a heavy rain, but it was happening nonetheless.

I took my freedom panels off and when I put them back on, I no longer had any issues. Maybe it wasnt seated properly from the factory, or something was caught up in it, but I no longer have water leaking in.

I know it's a "shut it off and turn it back on again" type of suggestion, but JIC. Good luck!
I have never taken anything off but will try these fixes … it’s raining and when I stop it pours in the top corner at my shoulder …

AF0E1C97-EA60-40C8-BCE6-E13D304AB2A6.jpeg

235B6F7A-ECA0-4A25-B4C5-4121F99337A2.jpeg

OP
OP
Sapper

Sapper

First Name
Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
5121BB9A-ADC8-41C6-9D5C-3D20339F0CA3.jpeg

7C1A8351-2E7F-4E7B-B0EB-CF6805F83024.jpeg

7D845E63-327B-412C-9998-B4AB27285C7C.jpeg

42949364-562F-487F-B525-48DEC62BD3C4.jpeg

1654FA1E-D953-4787-9E0D-3814D745E891.jpeg

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have never taken anything off but will try these fixes … it’s raining and when I stop it pours in the top corner at my shoulder …

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator doors seals leak 1654FA1E-D953-4787-9E0D-3814D745E891

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator doors seals leak 1654FA1E-D953-4787-9E0D-3814D745E891
Yea, looks the same. Happened to me the day after I brought it home. Big ole' storm came in, and every time I slowed down to a stop, it would drip onto my arm/shoulder.

Good luck!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

Sometimes the simplest solution is the solution.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I had the exact same problem on the passenger side door. Cleaned the seal, checked the door gaps and just make sure the door is securely shut. Wife had a habit of just soft shutting the door on the way out and while it was enough to make door ajar light go out, it was not 100% engaged on the latch.

No problems since.

OP
OP
Sapper

Sapper

First Name
Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
have you been to a dealership lately ? here in MS its almost impossible to be seen . I just wanted to try and find out cause and just fix myself ..

OP
OP
Sapper

Sapper

First Name
Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same problem on the passenger side door. Cleaned the seal, checked the door gaps and just make sure the door is securely shut. Wife had a habit of just soft shutting the door on the way out and while it was enough to make door ajar light go out, it was not 100% engaged on the latch.

No problems since.
thanks ... I did remove that freedom panel for the first time as you mentioned and re seated it ... Fingers crossed

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Check the tightness of the roof bolt.
Sponsored