First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
You can’t get max tow with diesel. Transmission doesn’t match up with that option.

I understand that but in the wrangler they get the wider axles with the 3.0 regardless off trim level
Sponsored

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Ugh - Just noticed that XD Granted with the high torque of the engine the 4.10 isn't necessary. I will still hope the other improvements the package gave will be included with the diesel.
Sadly I won't be able to get my unicorn build (Which was a Max Tow / Selec-Trac / Diesel). I'll be satisfied with a gasser if that's the route I end up taking once I'm ready to hit the dealership (I have about $3k in negative equity on my Suzuki to balance out. If I push it I can do it by Sept/October).

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Do we know if this the NV242 or just an MP3022 with 4:1?
That's a good question. I haven't found any information on it, or even a mention of it, besides in the new order guide.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
That's a good question. I haven't found any information on it, or even a mention of it, besides in the new order guide.
There’s some talk about it in the JL forum as the Euro-spec Rubi has had the option since the beginning and the US-spec just got it for 2021 as well. However, I haven’t found anything conclusive yet.

I’m secretly hoping it’s NOT the NV242 so I don’t have to feel any buyer’s remorse with my 2020 JTR :)

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
There’s some talk about it in the JL forum as the Euro-spec Rubi has had the option since the beginning and the US-spec just got it for 2021 as well. However, I haven’t found anything conclusive yet.

I’m secretly hoping it’s NOT the NV242 so I don’t have to feel any buyer’s remorse with my 2020 JTR :)

In the guide “rock track full time 4wd” that tells me it is indeed the same tcase as the rubicon gets but modified for full time use

Sponsored

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Just as a side note. You don't need/want as low of gears in a diesel compared to a gas engine because it gives the turbo more time to spool up or "work"

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I was about to look. Dang...

That is about what I said, so now decide between a Ruby with Diesel (and add full time Rock Track) or go Mojave and throw on a supercharger. Really tough choice here.

Oh did you notice FCA is getting greedy again on option prices? Retards.........

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I read over in the other forum that there is a downside to the Select Trac on the Rubicon because it uses a different type of axel, or something... Anyone here know anything about that? CV joints maybe? Anyways apparently they are not as strong, supposedly.

As far as no diesel on the Mojave... Isn't that old news? I've been reading for a while that the added weight would not be a good thing and that keeping it adequately cooled was another issue (hence the rumors of a lower tow rating for the diesel). With the new regulations the diesel is already now having to practically suck air through a straw.

I am jealous that there is a diesel out and my JTR should be delivered any day. Part of me really wants a diesel in the truck because god that would be sick!!!

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
New to Jeep world, and about to pick up a 2020 JTR, so hoping someone can help me understand the difference between the 2020 Rock Trac and this new "full time" Rock Trac? Wondering if its differences are worth doing a 2021 order instead.

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
That is about what I said, so now decide between a Ruby with Diesel (and add full time Rock Track) or go Mojave and throw on a supercharger. Really tough choice here.

Oh did you notice FCA is getting greedy again on option prices? Retards.........
Same boat here, was hoping for a Mojave diesel option. Now it's between a diesel with Rubicon trim or a Mojave with a supercharger kit.

Also I am reading that correctly that the Sport Max Tow S is also not available with the diesel?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
New to Jeep world, and about to pick up a 2020 JTR, so hoping someone can help me understand the difference between the 2020 Rock Trac and this new "full time" Rock Trac? Wondering if its differences are worth doing a 2021 order instead.
The Full time rock trac is the same in everywhere EXCEPT that you also have the option of a full time 4wd that is basically AWD. As the rubicon 4wd is set up now it is not suitable for everyday 4WD (for use on wet roads or rain for example). But this Full Time feature affords you that added option. What you're doing is getting the JL Saharas full time - AWD feature added onto the Rock Trac system (no idea if the overland has the Sahara system, never bothered to look).

I made a note of this new option in my earlier comment above. I have been snooping around on the JL forum where the 2021s have been out a few weeks and this discussion surround this new feature on the JL rubicons was going on. It appears that there are a few components required on the Full Time system (I think something like CV axles, but don't quote me on it) that create a weaker point in the system and are more prone to failure and/or do not have the longevity of what is currently there. I don't know anything about this - I'm merely passing on what's already being discussed on the other forum.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase