Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
I've been on the forums for a long time now it seems and most people know of my money situation. As much as the kid in me wants to run up to the nearest dealership and order one of my very own the adult in me knows I'll financially crash and burn if I do so it's just a simple waiting game until I can get my ducks in a row. My question is when will we start seeing any info for what they plan with the 2021 gladiator and when exactly is the cutoff for when the last 2020 gladiator will be rolling off the line and be no more? I'm estimating I might can order one around February at the earliest but interested to see what 2021 holds. It might be just worth it to wait and see what's in store for the next generation but I also want to know when the cutoff date will be in case they change something that makes it look like crap (don't think that's gonna happen) or colors I like are gone, loss of a feature i like ect. I've played on the build tool so many times that I've memorized probably everything on it every trim and every detail and I've made up my mind that I'm getting what I want and not settling for anything less because I know I'll go crazy getting something that I don't want. If I'm paying this much for a truck I'd rather wait and get what I want instead of getting some things or a low trim level and wind up trading it in for something else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
interesting thoughts
I figure we might not see anything until next year but interested in when we started seeing all the "leaked info" ect for the 2020 jt. won't be on everyone's radar because the 2020 was a big deal but maybe we will be seeing things soon

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
The new model year is typically introduced around Sep/Oct of the prior year. Since this is the 2020 I wouldn't expect the 2021 to be available until Sep/Oct of next year so you will probably start hearing about potential changes in the months prior to that.

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
I would guess by year-end or early next year we will at least hear about any changes for the 2021 models. With them rolling the 2020 model off the assembly line in March/April 2019, I am not sure about a production date for the 2021 models.

If I had a February time frame, I would at least wait a few more months if needed to be sure.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I wouldn't even begin to speculate about a 2021 model, I just want to say kudos for having the presence of mind and self control to not cast yourself into a sea of economic despair that will punish you for many years to come.

I don't know how old you are or anything about you, I just want to extend an e-attaboy for not being an impulsive dumb ass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
I wouldn't even begin to speculate about a 2021 model, I just want to say kudos for having the presence of mind and self control to not cast yourself into a sea of economic despair that will punish you for many years to come.

I don't know how old you are or anything about you, I just want to extend an e-attaboy for not being an impulsive dumb ass.
It's very nerve racking seeing all the builds but I'd rather 1 have a build I'm 100% wanting and 2 have enough to put down to where I'm not riding around in my gladiator and come home to feed my family ramen noodles for supper. Plus a high payment is like a kick in the nuts, sure you get an awesome truck but that gut feeling of "will I be able to make next months payment" will just kill all the fun. Best to be patient and wait it out :time: I'm 27 married with 2 kids. I've got more priorities and responsibilities to consider before I put my family in jeopardy like that lol

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
It's very nerve racking seeing all the builds but I'd rather 1 have a build I'm 100% wanting and 2 have enough to put down to where I'm not riding around in my gladiator and come home to feed my family ramen noodles for supper. Plus a high payment is like a kick in the nuts, sure you get an awesome truck but that gut feeling of "will I be able to make next months payment" will just kill all the fun. Best to be patient and wait it out :time: I'm 27 married with 2 kids. I've got more priorities and responsibilities to consider before I put my family in jeopardy like that lol
Right now JTs are projected to have a high residual value and leases are are cheaper than other vehicles. That's an option, but I think you've got a good plan.

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
Right now JTs are projected to have a high residual value and leases are are cheaper than other vehicles. That's an option, but I think you've got a good plan.
I've went back and forth on leases. It might be an option. I guess for now I've got time to do all my research and plan ahead

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Well, if it is any indication, my 2013 Power Wagon has a date of June 2013. I suspect that they will be producing the 2020 up until probably the summer of next year. I wouldn't expect there to be any "next gen" Gladiator for at least 2 or 3 years. However if they don't screw the pooch i do expect to see the diesel if not for a very late 2020 than 2021. Maybe some different paint colors for the 2021 and some small changes but I wouldn't expect to see any big things that soon. It took them years to get us this so don't look for a redesign any time soon. The JK went from 2007 to 2018 with very few significant changes other than engine updates and radio updates and some cosmetic things here and there.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
And for what it is worth, i was around that age with twins some time ago. You are better served to look out for the family. I am 48 and this will be only the 3rd new vehicle i have ever bought. I wouldn't have bought the second one new but when i went to the dealer in search of a late model Ram it turned out that because of all the incentives I could get a new one cheaper than a used one. Time moves a lot quicker than we want it to and I am sure you will be enjoying a Gladiator before you know it. Hell, I have money in my hand ready to buy and can't because they haven't released my color. I almost envy you because you have a great reason to hold off.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Being financially wise is always a smart move. The Gladiator is definitely an inspiring vehicle, and given Jeeps pace for redesign every 10 years for previous Wranglers, you'll be able to buy later without all the hyped pricing. I do expect a few changes, trailer brake, additional engine choices, fully electric after a few years, and transmission changes to come in later years to keep with competition, so waiting will bring that, and hopefully less overall pricing. Trucks shouldn't cost as much as they do, they're trucks, but they've become the luxury car segment of excess margin and pricing.

Craig rubi

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
For what it's worth, I appreciate your patience. jt is a beautiful thing but I understand your retisence financially. Wait until it works for you and you can get everything you want/need.
I also thought about waiting for an unreleased colour, but when I saw my Rubicon as she was and how it totally matched the interior I couldn't help myself. (My dream -once in a lifetime)
IMG_20190901_143359.jpg

Woodstock

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Mini Countryman All4
...My question is when will we start seeing any info for what they plan with the 2021 gladiator and when exactly is the cutoff for when the last 2020 gladiator will be rolling off the line and be no more? I'm estimating I might can order one around February at the earliest but interested to see what 2021 holds.
FYI. If you are looking for advanced info on upcoming Chrysler products, you might start checking the Mopar News forum on Allpar.com.
Sponsored