Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Ok excuse me if this is a noob question or something changed for '22. Looking at pg 11 regarding the tops. The left picture is the sunrider soft top, which sounds like the normal soft top, but shows a picture with the top up, but the back window piece off.

Did something change, is that the stock soft top, or does it now operate different than the normal folding mechanism? I'm getting confused with all of the emerging aftermarket soft tops and now this...

softtop.png

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Ok excuse me if this is a noob question or something changed for '22. Looking at pg 11 regarding the tops. The left picture is the sunrider soft top, which sounds like the normal soft top, but shows a picture with the top up, but the back window piece off.

Did something change, is that the stock soft top, or does it now operate different than the normal folding mechanism? I'm getting confused with all of the emerging aftermarket soft tops and now this...

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gladiator Brochure Posted on Jeep Website! softto
I'm pretty sure that's how it has always functioned.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd

softtop.png
The back window section could always be removed on the Sunrider soft top, nothing new. The one on the far right (flip top) was added this year as a factory option, but has been available from Besttop directly for a couple years now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
The back window section could always be removed on the Sunrider soft top, nothing new. The one on the far right (flip top) was added last year as a factory option, but has been available from Besttop directly for a couple years now.
Gotcha, thanks. This kind of changes my opinion of the stock soft top potentially, I thought it was all stuck as 1 piece. Interesting...

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Nice brochure, thanks for posting...Looking forward to my Mojave should ship Dec 28 (already pushed out once - parts shortages of course).

Anyone know a way to get a hard-copy of the broucheur (yep, I am old school)?

Mvitch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
Bound to be a markup in pricing!
Why not? Housing, Food, Medical, Taxes, Petroleum etc all dramatic increase since…………

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any insight to what the new “Air Filtration system” is? I know my 2020 has the normal cabin filter so I wasn’t sure if they just changed the filters or if the system really is way different.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Anyone have any insight to what the new “Air Filtration system” is? I know my 2020 has the normal cabin filter so I wasn’t sure if they just changed the filters or if the system really is way different.
I think they just made the cabin air filters standard on all trim levels for 2022, can't imagine they'd actually change anything substantial on the HVAC system this early. They may have just upgraded the filters to higher quality HEPA air filters too.

Screenshot_20220102-211034.png

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I see that Heavy Duty Wide Track Dana 44 axles are standard on every trim level EXCEPT for the Willys. That seems odd.
Sponsored