Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

That is my concern, now. I've been toying with the idea of trading in my 2020 manual sport S for a 2021 (now 2022) JTRD for a year now.

I kept putting it off, until now with used prices what they are I figure I can get a decent trade value, but now the 2022 as I've optioned it is thousands more than when I had it quoted last year.

Bottom line - will (or, can?) the MSRP prices for these vehicles go down again in another year or so once commodity prices deflate again, or is waiting bound to not matter a bit?
MSRP is not going to contract nor any of the option price increases.

There is a point where you are going to have to pull the trigger and get one or you are going to be left behind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

drjeremy78

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Tbd 2022 JT
Factory Bed liner up to $525! No end in sight to price increases!

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I ordered mine in November and still waiting for it. All these price increases are making me nervous. My dealer said that they could quote what it was when I ordered it, but I would have to pay what the build price was when it's actually built. I'm am trying to brace myself for having to decide what my walk away price is :-(
As long as you have a copy of your build sheet with your deposit you should be covered by price protection. I was lucky enough to put down my deposit a day or two before the latest price hikes, my dealer confirmed I'm locked in at the quoted price. I had the exact same question.

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I do not think having a VIN means anything when it comes to locking in final pricing as the build sheet and the Monroney Label (Window Sticker) does not get issued until it is actually built. VIN does not dictate build order either. When it is built is when it is priced.
My dealer confirmed that my pricing is protected based on the day I placed my deposit. Pricing may continue to rise, I will pay the quoted price at the time of order which was keyed the same day as my deposit.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My dealer confirmed that my pricing is protected based on the day I placed my deposit. Pricing may continue to rise, I will pay the quoted price at the time of order which was keyed the same day as my deposit.
That is a per case dealer thing and not a corporate one. Your vehicle when built will get priced out at the manufactuer stated costs then, not when you ordered. If no change in between, no cost increase. If changed, after the fact, then your dealer is absorbing that cost change if they are not passing it on to you.

Jeep sells to the dealership and takes their payment then. Final sale cost is between you and the dealership and will depend what constitutes contract law in your state in regards to the purchase order that is submitted for the build.

Sponsored

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
That is a per case dealer thing and not a corporate one. Your vehicle when built will get priced out at the manufactuer stated costs then, not when you ordered. If no change in between, no cost increase. If changed, after the fact, then your dealer is absorbing that cost change if they are not passing it on to you.

Jeep sells to the dealership and takes their payment then. Final sale cost is between you and the dealership and will depend what constitutes contract law in your state in regards to the purchase order that is submitted for the build.
This is incorrect, FCA \ Stellantis has an ordering option that notes price protection when the dealer is placing the order, chatted with the dealer to confirm this. Pricing is locked at the time of order if already negotiated in writing with a paid deposit.
A dealer could choose not to use this feature when placing an order, but it would be their decision to opt out. It’s not a cost they are absorbing, it impacts the price they receive the vehicle at.

Naughtycat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black jeep wrangler 2.1 diesel
Occupation
buider

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Hopefully they get the order guide out a little quicker this month. I wonder if they will have any new color additions. Hopefully no more price increases

Krieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y (for now)
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner
Man, I've wanted Gobi since they announced the original Gladiator...then I talked myself out of buying one. Now I'm buying a Gladiator but I REALLY want Gobi. I can't wait forever, though.

Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I wanted Gobi but was trying to find out how to make the paint more of a satin than the gloss (or even a flat like FDE) - the true way it should be on a Jeep. I went ahead and ordered white (free) and will spend the money later getting it kevlar lined the color/finish I want

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
But what does “late availability “ mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.