Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
The last three order guides were posted on 2/14, 3/16, and 4/13, so I would hope we should see one in the next week. Anything specific you're looking for not in the current order guide?
Yes, noting a post earlier this year that 2022 Glads would see a metallic gecko which I understand to be Mojito, Iā€™d hope to know if that color combination is coming sooner than later to be ready to lock in an order and pricing.
Sponsored

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
Yes, noting a post earlier this year that 2022 Glads would see a metallic gecko which I understand to be Mojito, Iā€™d hope to know if that color combination is coming sooner than later to be ready to lock in an order and pricing.
Honestly, I think "metallic" was a typo. Gecko ran at the end of the 2021 production run, so I bet they were anticipating it running over into 2022, but since production didn't start till so late, it just didn't happen. I may be totally wrong, but I don't think there will be Gecko or any other metallic green for 2022.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
Honestly, I think "metallic" was a typo. Gecko ran at the end of the 2021 production run, so I bet they were anticipating it running over into 2022, but since production didn't start till so late, it just didn't happen. I may be totally wrong, but I don't think there will be Gecko or any other metallic green for 2022.
Do you have inside insights or are you just reading the tea leaves from the outside? Iā€™ll say that ā€˜22 looks to be a short year for a few models at least. So, maybe the Earl will not even come out either? I just heard a YouT video from Susqehanna stating that the wrangler order banks have trimmed down for certain wrangler trim options. Also, the 392 Wrangler xtreme recon order bank and then the 392 all together has been closed. Maybe itā€™s just an issue of production days and parts demand plan is already inching towards ā€˜22ā€˜s capacity plan.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I don't know anything more than what's posted here - just trying to connect some dots. It's possible that Earl won't happen either, but I'm holding out hope for the May order guide. And to be honest, I just want something new. 7 of the 9 colors available to order right now were in the very first order guide for the Gladiator. The only two that weren't were Silver Zynith (which replaced Billet, so not a huge change) and Sarge which was first published in the December 2020 order guide.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
I don't know anything more than what's posted here - just trying to connect some dots. It's possible that Earl won't happen either, but I'm holding out hope for the May order guide. And to be honest, I just want something new. 7 of the 9 colors available to order right now were in the very first order guide for the Gladiator. The only two that weren't were Silver Zynith (which replaced Billet, so not a huge change) and Sarge which was first published in the December 2020 order guide.
Yeah, much the same here. Truly, all first world problems. Still, Iā€™ve been both frugal and smart with my money and Iā€™m just doing my part to responsibly enjoy it. I recall wanting to paint my first car and Jeep from 30 years ago a color close to Mojito with small black accents and Iā€™d just like to live that poorā€™ish kidā€˜s dream. So Jeep, get on Mojito!!!

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I will be surprised if the High Velocity yellow makes it onto the JT. Seems to have a cold reception on the JL side to it.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I will be surprised if the High Velocity yellow makes it onto the JT. Seems to have a cold reception on the JL side to it.
I agree with you. I was really looking forward to a new yellow and would have ordered Hella in a heartbeat, but I couldn't warm up to HV and my wife straight up said no. With that said, there are a ton of vehicles on the market in a similar hue, so you never know.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Still waiting on Earl. Same update for last six months, lol. Hereā€™s to hoping. At this rate the Canyon AT4X will be out before Earl.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I believe there is zero evidence that Mojito will return in MY22. There is considerable evidence Gecko will, but rymanrphā€™s speculation above is a very plausible alternative explanation for Geckoā€™s fleet guide inclusion.

Reactions: Kez

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
If the Gladiator production team doesnā€˜t release Mojito, Iā€™m calling them yellow* for not having the ā€˜mustardā€˜ to spray a far out** color other than **Earl or *High Velocity!
Gecko is definitely NOT Mojito, but it WAS the ā€œfar outā€ color of 2022, at least for the Gladiator. Wrangler got Gecko, Tuscadero, and High Velocity šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
I think the only color we havenā€™t seen released is Earl, which Iā€™ve been waiting on.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
If there really is a 2023 order guide coming out on July 15, I wonder if we're done for '22 production (no new order guides). I would have expected a May order guide already, so it's possible that they won't be releasing another one with only a few months left of production and any new colors will be pushed back to the '23 model year. If that's the case, then new colors probably won't be hitting dealer lots until around Thanksgiving at the earliest assuming production starts mid August. I hope I'm wrong.

Jay's last activity appears to be last Saturday, so maybe there has been a new order guide and he just hasn't logged on yet to post it.

Last edited:

CluelessRufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None (shopping)
I just tried to get a quote on a factory order, and the salesperson told me that the dual top group isn't an available option right now; I don't know if that's just for the Mojave or all Gladiators. Anyone hear anything about this?

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I don't know why, but I can't even add the standard 8 speed transmission on the Jeep.com Gladiaotr build page to a Sport S. It's only giving me an option for manual or diesel....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.