2022 Rumors?

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Ordered my JT last week Friday and gorilla glass was an option I was able to select. $95 add
Sponsored

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Strange thing with the order was I could not get the spray in bed liner with the diesel. Or hard top liners either..???

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S ā€œsoldā€, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Diesel costs you payload and towing capacity in this platform due to cooling restrictions. If you need to tow, the V6 with the automatic transmission is required to get the best performance in that regard.

Not being argumentative, but what if your in my case. I tow a 16ā€™ tandem with UTV or whateverā€¦ but not extremely heavy.

My 5.3L Sierra got 12mpg towing this
My 2.8L Canyon got 19mpg
My 3.6L JT gets about 11mpg with 4.56 gearing and 35ā€™s.

Same route ā€¦ same zip code.. same time of the yearā€¦ same deer camp destination

I donā€™t tow a lot but Iā€™d love not to see the single digit mpgs that I do with my JT.

Some of us arenā€™t worried about max load but the ease of towing a load which diesels certainly do.

I do wish the JT 3.0L came with a ā€œJake brakeā€ like the 2.8L did.

Last edited:

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
The GM 2.8L has an exhaust brake, not a Jake brake (source: diesel Bison in the driveway now). Still a nice thing to have that the diesel JTs do not.

Monkeywrench

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
Bump

Anything? I have my build sheet ready to go to the dealer but I KNOW as soon as I commit, the low down on the 2022 YM will drop. I just know it!

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S ā€œsoldā€, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
The GM 2.8L has an exhaust brake, not a Jake brake (source: diesel Bison in the driveway now). Still a nice thing to have that the diesel JTs do not.

Yeah.. hence the ā€œā€¦ā€, I couldnā€™t remember the correct name. But I did enjoy it when towing.

But I do understand you must be 100% correct when posting on this forum.

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
My diesel Colorados both had exhaust brakes. Was nice when rolling down long hills for sure. Told a couple people about the ā€œexhaust brakeā€ and they all said ā€œwhat the hells that?ā€ It was from then on I too simply called it a Jake Brake.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
So I was reading another thread on here and saw a dealership closer to me(instead of traveling to Gupton) that was offering 7% below invoice, but this gentleman stated that the deal was over in early May and now they are doing 5% till the end of the week. Blah blah blah. Anyways I told him I wanted to wait for a 22 to see if anything changes colors, features, etc and he said well youā€™re going to be waiting a good bit. B/c of the chip shortage everything is being pushed back. 22ā€™s are not gonna started till the 2nd week of December so realistically you wonā€™t see it till February. Also wondering if this works in there favor finalizing the 4xe gladiator. But hearing another report of this makes me think that builds are not opening in July.
I assume you were talking to Leon at Criswell? He told me the same thing. Guess I'll keep waiting and lurking.

Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
lol @Jglad15, Gupton is gonna be busy when 22 drops! Maybe I'll see you there.
Same for me most likely. Whatever comes first an updated order guide for 21 or the new Info for 22.
Hahaha I will post as soon as I order mine. Idk if it was this thread or another but I noticed that someone said they placed an order recently and were able to order that new gorilla glass with their order. Hopefully another week or so to find out if July is the date or the dreaded December is the date I guess.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Not that I mind driving through TN as itā€™s a beautiful area, but I really donā€™t want to deal with flying down/driving back to pick up a car. I have my heart set on a Hydro Blue Overland with saddle interior, and those are kind of hard to come by.

Thereā€™s a Firecracker Red with saddle for a decent price at Bethesda Jeep (51k MSRP for 44.3 before tax/tags/fees) but theyā€™re trying to double charge for destination and Iā€™m not falling for that. And once you go through the trouble of building out a car and checking all the options you think you want, itā€™s hard to settle. Maybe we can get a comfy, commuter bus to drive everyone to Gupton! šŸ˜„

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not that I mind driving through TN as itā€™s a beautiful area, but I really donā€™t want to deal with flying down/driving back to pick up a car. I have my heart set on a Hydro Blue Overland with saddle interior, and those are kind of hard to come by.

Thereā€™s a Firecracker Red with saddle for a decent price at Bethesda Jeep (51k MSRP for 44.3 before tax/tags/fees) but theyā€™re trying to double charge for destination and Iā€™m not falling for that. And once you go through the trouble of building out a car and checking all the options you think you want, itā€™s hard to settle. Maybe we can get a comfy, commuter bus to drive everyone to Gupton! šŸ˜„
Shit, thatā€™s more the reason to drive down. Something hard to come by, whatā€™s an 11 hr drive to save that much money. My wife and I are gonna make a long weekend out of it. Rent a car to drive down and enjoy the trip.
Sponsored