Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I can’t say but in 22 there will 100% be another powertrain option
You're killin me smalls. My only consolation is that you just pulled the trigger on a 3.0 - so it must not be that great of a new option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I hope you're not talking about the 4xe, because if so then that's going to remind me of that time at Christmas when I just *knew* for months that I was getting a Nintendo and when I opened the package it was a pair of socks.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I thought the R2.8 was a dud? It was supposed to be game-changing but isn't.

I think a better pick in 15 years would be a 'bulletproofed' ecodiesel, whatever that means at that time.
oooh, i hadn't been following, i assumed cummins would be in full control of this and it would be a more modern 4bt albeit a little lighter duty, i guess a rebuilt 4bt will have to be the dream, or i'd look into that toyota diesel forsure, i don't want a 750 lb motor like the 4bt would be, the 500-ish of the r2.8 seemed reasonable, have no interest in lots of egr/def systems either, simple is the goal, i'll look into that yota motor, thanks

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Do you mean a new powertrain for the model year 2022? Cuz that's coming up Pretty Soon.
Or do you mean next year they will be talking about another option?

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I missed the original 5.7 by two years on my last purchase - I'll be both upset and amused if that happens again. But at least 3.0 will be fun either way.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also Wrangler gets 2 new powertrains but Gladiator 'might' get one?
so it will be either the V8 or the 4xe. I have yet to see/hear Anything about towing with the 4xe.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the 4xe will happen on JT, and I think payload/towing will be much lower than a Pentastar equipped JT.

The V8... that's got a lot of things going against it for the JT. The JL is a different use case.

Probably the most power we'll ever see in the JT is the EcoDiesel with an aftermarket tune.

For 2022 I'm holding out for a great new color (Anvil if you're listening, Stellantis), real towing mirrors, and the EcoDiesel offered in the Mojave. If those three things happen, I'm 100% going to the dealership to place an order. If two of those things happen, it'll be like putting a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in front of me. If only one of those things happens, I'll probably keep the Ram because it's an amazing vehicle that sits right in that sweet spot between the midsize and HD diesels.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
From what I've seen, I like option of marine grade vinyl with multiple color options available for the Bronco interior. I would like to see Jeep offering this type of option for the JL/JT.
The MGV with washout interior available on the Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands is pretty sweet. They really blew it by not continuing the washout interior all the way into the cargo area. They put carpet on the back of the rear seats. Stupid move.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the 4xe will happen on JT, and I think payload/towing will be much lower than a Pentastar equipped JT.
So Jeep would have the least tow & capacity of any other mid-size.
Plus the diesel would get better mileage.
Cause 'Electrification' I guess?

For 2022 I'm holding out for a great new color (Anvil if you're listening, Stellantis), real towing mirrors, and the EcoDiesel offered in the Mojave.
I could be down with all these (maybe Commando green on the color tho)
If you get the tow package = bigger mirrors. Not dumbo-sized, just a little bigger would work for me.

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Of course the A pillar folds down on the JL and JT so... We still aren't looking behind us with the mirror on the A Pillar. How a about here? The aftermarket has some solutions that utilize this area.

Here.jpg
Having relocated my mirrors to this spot on a JK, I can assure you that it doesn’t work very well. In fact, the brackets I used were modified to work better, and they still failed.
The biggest problem is that the A pillar and the upper window frame block the driver’s view of the passenger side mirror. You can kind of see it with just the A pillar, but if you don’t remove the doors, that mirror is useless.
The reason the Bronco is able to Mount the mirrors up there is that they don’t have a window frame. That’s also why the Bronco can store the doors in the back, unlike a Wrangler.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
I have no rumors to share...simply hopes.

4xe, Half doors, Uconnect 5, and that Earl Grey color from the 2020 EJS Concept.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Having relocated my mirrors to this spot on a JK, I can assure you that it doesn’t work very well. In fact, the brackets I used were modified to work better, and they still failed.
The biggest problem is that the A pillar and the upper window frame block the driver’s view of the passenger side mirror. You can kind of see it with just the A pillar, but if you don’t remove the doors, that mirror is useless.
The reason the Bronco is able to Mount the mirrors up there is that they don’t have a window frame. That’s also why the Bronco can store the doors in the back, unlike a Wrangler.
I am not talking about relocating the same mirror. Jeep should engineer the side mirrors to mount somewhere else beside the doors. I said that spot because, that is the obvious spot. While the framework is connected to the body, the placement of the reflective surface for checking your surroundings should can still be in a position for correct usage and safety. They can make a new mirror assembly and mounting method.

Its Jeep, I feel like they have the ability to figure out how to use a key advertised feature "taking the doors off easy" but not hindering a legally necessary feature for vehicular safety "loss of side mirrors."

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
I am not talking about relocating the same mirror. Jeep should engineer the side mirrors to mount somewhere else beside the doors. I said that spot because, that is the obvious spot. While the framework is connected to the body, the placement of the reflective surface for checking your surroundings should can still be in a position for correct usage and safety. They can make a new mirror assembly and mounting method.

Its Jeep, I feel like they have the ability to figure out how to use a key advertised feature "taking the doors off easy" but not hindering a legally necessary feature for vehicular safety "loss of side mirrors."
Maybe....but you still need to open the door and not have the mirrors bang into that or stick out too far. I agree that it’s a hassle, I’m just saying that Ford was starting with a blank slate, and have been doing frameless windows on Mustangs forever. Their big square rear door is also part of why they can do half doors without splitting the rear window.
When we start to see them side-by-side, the Bronco is going to look huge compared to a Wrangler....much like the Scout and Bronco did, next to a CJ5, back in the day.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We're less than 60 days from the full order guide. I'm surprised that there are NO leaks or rumors at all floating around yet. Very odd....
Sponsored