2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You obviously don't have more than one driver in the household...

Kevin
Lol nope. But even when I did I set the mirrors, and taught that the mirrors are not there to make sure your door is still attached, but to see the next lane. Nobody every needed to adjust them after that talk

I did own a van that had 2 driver memory slots that would adjust the seat and mirrors. That actually seemed like a decent use of it.

sfurash

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
This has always been my experience also. Dealers here try really hard to push inventory off their lots and have been reluctant to do special orders. Every month that the inventory sits on the lot costs them money. And, if they have inventory sitting on the lot it hurts their allocation numbers for new inventory in the future. They want to sell what they've got primarily.

The only time I have been successful getting a dealer to easily order a new vehicle for me was when I got my Gladiator, and that was simply because in May of 2019 there were almost NO Gladiators on dealer lots, so ordering one didn't hinder the dealer at all.
I ordered a JLU Willys and paid approximately 5% below dealer cost which approximated a 10% discount off sticker plus no doc fee.
JLU should be in in about 3 weeks.
Two other dealers also discounted just not as much.
As an fyi I had Tread Lightly membership.

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
- Thus far, the new Tesla truck is vaporware. I think it will be a LONG time before we can actually buy a Tesla truck. And then, the truck will look NOTHING like the concept we saw on TV

- A V8 option would be cool, but Jeep dealers are already playing stupid games with the V8 Wranglers by jacking up the price ten or twenty thousand over MSRP. Nope. Not going to happen. And there are a lot of questions about whether the drive train can actually handle the extra torque of the V8. Makes me wonder if that's why the V8 Wrangler comes with wheels which are somewhat small. It would be easy for FCA to deny any warranty requests if the owner installed larger wheels and or tires; which will happen about seven minutes after leaving the dealer.

- I saw some discussions about Bluetooth. Pretty sure my JT audio system does Bluetooth. But I think Bluetooth sounds like dog doo, so I never use it. What were people wanting in a new audio system?

- I haven't heard any actual rumors or guesses about new JT features in the press. Likely, the new JT will be the old JT with a couple of cosmetic changes.
My JT has the premium sound system, but I was never really impressed when listening to SXM. Same goes if I streamed via either bluetooth or Android Auto.

Biggest improvement for me was when I discovered that with Spotify there is a setting that lets you specify the quality of the music you either stream live or download to your phone. Once I set this higher quality the sound was so much better. For streaming live, you need good reception (which I usually get), but for most of my playlists I download to my device, so the higher quality downloads are no issue when connected to WiFi.

Wireless Android Auto would be nice, but as someone already mentioned, that doesn't cover any charging opportunity.

Sponsored

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Of course the A pillar folds down on the JL and JT so... We still aren't looking behind us with the mirror on the A Pillar. How a about here? The aftermarket has some solutions that utilize this area.

Here.jpg
Some snorkels use that panel, although still may be able mount mirror as well. Also, some manufacturers use that area to anchor their light bar pillars (e.g. KC). That said, I’m sure those after market suppliers would make changes to support both if mirrors were mounted there.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
From what I've seen, I like option of marine grade vinyl with multiple color options available for the Bronco interior. I would like to see Jeep offering this type of option for the JL/JT.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
From what I've seen, I like option of marine grade vinyl with multiple color options available for the Bronco interior. I would like to see Jeep offering this type of option for the JL/JT.
This would have been amazing. That plus the option to get no carpet in there is pretty awesome as well. Jeep claims a waterproof interior and then makes some very strange choices....

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation