Gov

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Jeep isn't going going to waist any time on a v8 gladiator when gasoline engines will soon be phased out.
I agree, but this is why the JL 392 is going to skyrocket in value down the road. In 10 years we will be saying remember when they put that big v8 in the wrangler before everything went electric ?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
After 6 months my wireless Android Auto adapter is shipping. We'll see how it works.

Nice, I am hoping mine will hit in june, but know they got some delays. One thing I noticed is the usb plug inside the center console always on? If so I wonder how the device would do being stuck always on, and would it drain the battery?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I agree, but this is why the JL 392 is going to skyrocket in value down the road. In 10 years we will be saying remember when they put that big v8 in the wrangler before everything went electric ?
Unless battery tech gets a lot better we won't be all electric in 10 years, range just isn't there, and fast charging is to slow. Unless you are counting some form of hybrid drive as electric, I could see that happening across the board.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
The reason I heard that the windows don't auto up is because it would add more complexity to the switch hardware. In other words, cost.

The reason I heard that cooled seats didn't happen is because it's a convertible and it's not necessary.

Those statements were from engineers during the Gladiator launch a few years ago.

But I guess anything can change!

That's the rumor floating around... Going to have the only diesel JT in my little town if that ol' boy down in Tennessee comes through for me and treats me right.

And you can even get them with a diesel!
Am assuming the Jeep Engineers and testers never lived in South Texas and South Louisiana.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
One-off vehicles like this have traditionally maintained really high values.

Remember the Mach 1 that Ford built for only 2 model years (2003, 2004)? The strongest naturally aspirated factory engine seen in a Mustang since the 1960s. Well, those cars were $28k when new and right now they're selling for $15-25k with nearly 20 years and 100,000+ miles on them.

Remember the 5.9L Jeep Grand Cherokee that was one-year only (1998)? IF you can miraculously find a mint condition specimen these days, it's worth a fortune.

The Jeep Wrangler has NEVER in its 35 year production had a factory V8 until now, and it's unlikely that the V8 option will stick around beyond the mid-cycle refresh next year. Which means that it's very likely that these 392 Wranglers will end up being collectors items one day. And, the faster we transition to a mostly electric world, the faster the values on them will go up.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
LOL!

As did I, 3d LAI (LAR)Bn, 90-93
Ten years of globetrotting courtesy of the Corps from 83-93, then landed in our desert paradise. 1st Tank Bn 93-96, Ordnance Maintenance Company Okinawa 97, back to the desert with CSSG-1 98-03. Retired, did LAV SLEP 03-06. Been a “Civilian Marine” since 2007 at ESD/EEAP.
Thought I was going to die here but I have a two year old granddaughter up in Visalia so I’m calling it a day in December and moving up to the Central Valley. Gonna miss the camaraderie and Esprit de Corps but I’m going to love spending out my days teaching the granddaughter to fish, camp, Jeep, enjoy the out doors.
Lots of lakes and rivers in the area and our front door is 45 minutes from the entrance of Sequoia National Park.
Sierra Nevada’s here I come!

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
No electricity in the seats... e.g. power seats, lumbar, ac systems. It is an open top off roader is the reason I have always heard. That is a fine excuse. It does have the seat sensors and belt sensors though. It is annoying that they still price the thing as if it had the same options as other trucks.

RobertRinAustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU
No electricity in the seats... e.g. power seats, lumbar, ac systems. It is an open top off roader is the reason I have always heard. That is a fine excuse. It does have the seat sensors and belt sensors though. It is annoying that they still price the thing as if it had the same options as other trucks.
It's BS. They've got heated seats as on option which obviously require electricity. "Cooled" seats are the same, just reversing the process (Peltier Effect).

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's BS. They've got heated seats as on option which obviously require electricity. "Cooled" seats are the same, just reversing the process (Peltier Effect).
"Cooled" seats typically are technically operated by fans that blow air through perforations in the fabric, right? Designing a water resistant interior might prove difficult with seat perforations and electric fans. A heating element has no moving parts.

One of the reasons I never order leather in a Jeep is because with the top off on a summer day leather seats turn into stove tops.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
One-off vehicles like this have traditionally maintained really high values.

Remember the Mach 1 that Ford built for only 2 model years (2003, 2004)? The strongest naturally aspirated factory engine seen in a Mustang since the 1960s. Well, those cars were $28k when new and right now they're selling for $15-25k with nearly 20 years and 100,000+ miles on them.

Remember the 5.9L Jeep Grand Cherokee that was one-year only (1998)? IF you can miraculously find a mint condition specimen these days, it's worth a fortune.

The Jeep Wrangler has NEVER in its 35 year production had a factory V8 until now, and it's unlikely that the V8 option will stick around beyond the mid-cycle refresh next year. Which means that it's very likely that these 392 Wranglers will end up being collectors items one day. And, the faster we transition to a mostly electric world, the faster the values on them will go up.
Agree with everything you said..........but did you forget about the V8 304 Jeep put in the old CJ's?? Yes, technically not a Wrangler but in spirit I'd say it is. ;)

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agree with everything you said..........but did you forget about the V8 304 Jeep put in the old CJ's?? Yes, technically not a Wrangler but in spirit I'd say it is. ;)
I try really hard to forget about those. 126 horsepower I think? And the carb couldn't handle off camber trails. Just terrible. My father had a nearly mint CJ-5 and we spent more time trying to keep it running than we did four wheeling. 🙃

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I try really hard to forget about those. 126 horsepower I think? And the carb couldn't handle off camber trails. Just terrible. My father had a nearly mint CJ-5 and we spent more time trying to keep it running than we did four wheeling. 🙃
Haha. They were that bad? i never had the chance to drive one. How do you even get only 126 hp out of a V8???

RobertRinAustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU
"Cooled" seats typically are technically operated by fans that blow air through perforations in the fabric, right? Designing a water resistant interior might prove difficult with seat perforations and electric fans. A heating element has no moving parts.

One of the reasons I never order leather in a Jeep is because with the top off on a summer day leather seats turn into stove tops.
Heating and cooling are both the same process, the Peltier Effect, just reversed current, uses the same hardware, same fans.
Sponsored