Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I had a pair of those. They did look like the stock latches. Then the brightwork started rusting within in weeks.

Kevin
The cylinder too, or just the internal bits and bolts? I would want a good locking solution too. Wondering if this was coated pretty heavily on install (paint? SS hardware? fluid film) if that would do the trick.
Sponsored

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I had a pair of those. They did look like the stock latches. Then the brightwork started rusting within in weeks.

Kevin
I take it you have the mopar or Bolt style latch? How do you like it.

I may just have to waive the front trail camera if it can't be moved out of the way...The only thing I am likely to use the front camera for is so I don't smash the far wall in my garage (a tight fit overall).

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Hoping the Grand Cherokee reveal today will maybe give a hint in what 4xe powertrain may wind up in the Gladiator unless its the 2.0 turbo but I think its been mentioned that it doesn't have the durability to belong in the Gladiator for towing. Still not sure it would show itself as a '22 year model though. I only think the Recon package may make it to the '22's and thats it. Sadly I think the Wrangler has all the focus with new features to compete against the Bronco for now.
I agree. Their focus is going to be the Wrangler for a few year to try to sway some of the Bronco reservation holders who get tired of waiting.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Well that was lame. No info on the powertrain specifics.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Can build the 2022 4xe GC on the website without pricing.

Towing Capacity - Maximum 6200

Sponsored

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well that was lame. No info on the powertrain specifics.
its the 2.0 liter turbo powering the hybrid in the grand Cherokee but yea not a ton of specifics oh what it could tow etc.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
but the main 4xe GC page shows 6k max towing
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rumors? 1632921856223

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ah I didnt think to go to the main page. lol Thanks
if we can get a gladiator 4xe version with ~7k towing capacity, by golly i'm sold

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rumors? D61EBFBE-270C-46C0-999C-CEAFE26AC8E8

2.0L it’s right on the B&P

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why didn't they tout these specs in the video??!! Except for the mpge spec. I didn't hear any of this.
they talked about a max ~7200lb towing capacity based on configuration but didn't hit on the 4xe towing capacity specifically.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The cylinder too, or just the internal bits and bolts? I would want a good locking solution too. Wondering if this was coated pretty heavily on install (paint? SS hardware? fluid film) if that would do the trick.
All the shiny bits. The manufacturer told me that they needed to use a higher-quality stainless steel, but that wouldn’t happen until existing stock was gone. They may have upgraded by now.
I take it you have the mopar or Bolt style latch? How do you like it.

I may just have to waive the front trail camera if it can't be moved out of the way...The only thing I am likely to use the front camera for is so I don't smash the far wall in my garage (a tight fit overall).
I decided to forgo a hood lock altogether, as the hood is alarmed, and the horn is loud enough to wake the dead.

Kevin

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I feel like we go in circles on this topic... here's a new date, this is what gets my money, silence, other vehicles, upset about missing date, silence, here's a new date and the cycle starts over.

In 80+ pages I think we've covered the same topics a lot haha. Not complaining just pointing out our efficiencies. Jeep needs to listen to our dedication and release this F***ing truck. Tease some 2023 while they are at it so we can start the next page.