Sponsored

2023 build and price is up - Sticker shock!!

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
That’s how we will end up in a deeper recession, prices will continue to climb till no one can afford or justify the cost of a new vehicle or home. Remember the bubble in the mid2ks housing market went up up up autos went up up up. Then the cost of normal everyday goods and fuel went up to the point people had to choose between food and fuel to get to work and paying mortgages. Well ya have to go to work and eat to even try to pay the mortgage so gas and food it is this month. Hope to pay the mortgage next month. Then the defaults happend and the market crashed. Then the prices came back down…
Sponsored

Socks_Mcgee

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
It doesn't appear there are many of us around. I'm in the same boat. I considered doing a rubicon and removing all the flash and basically converting it into an overland but keeping the bits that make it a rubicon. Sounded like too much work and would likely backfire on resale anyway.

I also like LSD far better than lockers. The LSD gets used in 100% of my driving where I'd never activate the lockers either, so I'd be running open diff. This means more cost more complication for something that is less effective for my driving habits.

Don't get me wrong lockers are awesome and i love them for off road applications. My jeep just won't ever go those places. It pounds the pavement to and from work, and occasionally sees a grassy field. I can't help that I'd rather off road on an ATV than a vehicle.
I checked with my neighbor who works here, she's confirmed that the 2022s can't be ordered in Canada anymore.

She said I should go for the Rubicon... But meh.. it's an additional 6000$ here, and I'm not gaining anything practical.

There's a few used Overlands around, but none of them are optioned the way I was hoping.

I think the dream might be over 😞

foxwalkhq

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Software Engineer
The 2023 build photos are really weird and lame looking. It almost looks like they made the vehicles look like a cartoon and not at all the way they really look in person (at least I hope not)..

But it seems like nothing has changed in terms of body styles etc. so it's just the photos that are weird. Everything else is exactly the same.

And still a custom order with all the options I want including body color hard top is $1000 less than the MSRP of mine that I got without body color hard top.. (I wanted Gobi and the front trail cam so it was thin pickins to find a 2022 on the lot with both since I couldn't custom order 2022 anymore)

Rat2Desert

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Creative Director
I could almost stomach a stupid amount for a new JT (almost) if when I had an issue I went to the dealer and they said "hey, no problem - it may take a few days, take this piece of crap and drive it for a couple of days while we fix it" and actually fix it without any whining or the run-around, and fixed correctly.

Or even better, just put gas, tires, and inspection on it for the first 5 or 6 years
Yeah, this. My 2021 was the first new car I've bought in 30 years. Read all the PR about "Jeep Cares" and their protection plans and dealer maintenance network. Figured I was in for 50-100K miles of mostly maintenance-free driving. And If I needed work done, well it would be quick and I automatically get a loaner. Well, yeah, not so much on any of that, been a nightmare. I'm not as bothered by the issues, which have been significant, but the slow response from everyone involved. And loaners . . . "none available now".

I don't think I'd ever buy a new car again. I'd much rather get something with ~75K miles that has already depreciated. And has no factory warranty left, much rather do the maintenance myself or with a shop I trust.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
The 2023 build photos are really weird and lame looking. It almost looks like they made the vehicles look like a cartoon and not at all the way they really look in person (at least I hope not)..

But it seems like nothing has changed in terms of body styles etc. so it's just the photos that are weird. Everything else is exactly the same.

And still a custom order with all the options I want including body color hard top is $1000 less than the MSRP of mine that I got without body color hard top.. (I wanted Gobi and the front trail cam so it was thin pickins to find a 2022 on the lot with both since I couldn't custom order 2022 anymore)
I thought the same thing. When I saw the interior picture from the online build configuration I was like what’s weird with this picture.

Sponsored

Turas

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Retired
Did a quick search and didn't see it mentioned. The 2023 build and price is up. After the price increases in 2022 I had to do another comparison to my 2021 build.

So my 2021 Willys had an MSRP of $49,750

Exact build 2022: $55,470
Exact build 2023: $57,030

A $7300 increase in two years. That is insane!!

2023 Gladiator Build and Price
I did a price and build comparison on jeeps website and the 23 Mojave came out cheaper than the 22 so I got to looking and the 23 is missing some options that the 22 had.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
So we ran into the same problem and ended up getting a used 2018 Rubicon with 44k miles. It had every single feature we wanted with the original sticker in 2018 showing 53k. I did the same build for a 2023 and it comes to 61k

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I did a price and build comparison on jeeps website and the 23 Mojave came out cheaper than the 22 so I got to looking and the 23 is missing some options that the 22 had.
Do you mind if I ask what the missing options between 2022 and 2023 are?

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Didn't see this mentioned, but the 2022 Mojave base price was $49,505 and Rubicon $49,110. 2023 base price, the Rubicon is more expensive at $49,715, Mojave $49,320. The Mojave price actually went down $185.

My 2021 Mojave sticker was $57,695. Same options for 2023 is $62,095 ($4,400 increase). Glad I purchased when I did. My daughters 2 door JL, Willys Sport only went up $1,360 and part of that is the 7" uconnect is standard now.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I get that. But a $7300 in two years seems pretty high.

And I don't think it has anything to do with below invoice pricing. Stellantis gets their money no matter what the dealer sells for. If a dealer sells for over MSRP Stellantis gets the same amount as a dealer sells for below invoice.
Its 7% a year, which is higher than the more normal range of 2-4% but it's not insane.

Sponsored

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
$395 difference between the Mojave & Rubicon. I’ll bet the Mojave is white & the Rubicon isn’t. Same base price.

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
I wasn’t absolutely ready when I bought 2020 (in 2020), but now I’m really glad I did.
Me too Brother, I’m so glad I made that decision 2 years ago. I bought mine for what they said was employee pricing. I got it right at 5000 below sticker.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
That’s how we will end up in a deeper recession, prices will continue to climb till no one can afford or justify the cost of a new vehicle or home. Remember the bubble in the mid2ks housing market went up up up autos went up up up. Then the cost of normal everyday goods and fuel went up to the point people had to choose between food and fuel to get to work and paying mortgages. Well ya have to go to work and eat to even try to pay the mortgage so gas and food it is this month. Hope to pay the mortgage next month. Then the defaults happend and the market crashed. Then the prices came back down…
OK, bit of a derail here, but that's not what happened. What happened was mortgage brokers were selling mortgages to people who couldn't possibly pay them. Then those mortgages were sold as investments bundled with low-risk mortgages with the assumption it would all work out. It didn't. All those unqualified borrowers defaulted and were foreclosed. Then all the people who bought those investments lost money. And things cascaded from there.

Housing prices went down after the 2008 housing crash, but now they're higher than they previously were.

JeepBeerSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Comms
inflation is good if you are a wealthy banker. once things start inflating they can ride out all that extra capital until stuff becomes cost prohibitive for consumers. then the companies "fail" only to be bought and consolidated for pennies on the dollar. i have a feeling that "they" want us out of cars, out of home ownership, and away from cheap energy.

Digster

First Name
Diggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Collector
Where does the 15% come from? Even the Eurozone is 9%.

It’s actually closer to 17%

Rule #1 - don’t believe anything the government tells you.

Check out shadowstats.com
Sponsored