Sponsored

Closet Jeep guy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma

In case you guys are wanting to watch, the trail hunter is intriguing. They also fixed the seating position. The pro has adjustable front shock seats
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Really liking the look of the new taco, was worried they'd screw it up like the new tundra but this one looks really good.

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
10 Year/150K warranty on the hybrid Battery! Hoping Jeep has as much faith in their design.

Also the battery is using NiMH vs everyone else using Li-ion. That is unexpected, has lower energy density and less cycle life. But wow, a 10 year/150K warranty screams "who cares"!

Wife has a 4Runr but I am taking my top off the Gladiator Launch Ed this weekend so I won't be moving to the Fixed-Top side this decade.

Good news for Jeep. Toyota is aiming at a higher MSRP than Jeep. Bad news for Jeep is that Toyota will sell 10x more trucks than Jeep.
I'm with you, no matter how great the other trucks get they still lack a couple things......the top and the doors don't come off. Bronco does give the Wrangler a run in this area, but I have not seen a Bronco with the doors off yet.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Some really nice upgrades. The key card option is really cool.
If you’re not looking for a solid axle vehicle, it’s probably one of the best out there. Sitting position sucks in the current Gen though.

Sponsored

Closet Jeep guy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
Some really nice upgrades. The key card option is really cool.
If you’re not looking for a solid axle vehicle, it’s probably one of the best out there. Sitting position sucks in the current Gen though.
It got fixed in the 4th gen-seating position

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it's the same setup as some of their other hybrids, fuel capacity stinks. Can't use all the fuel in the tank. 17 gal tank and when the the low fuel light comes on you can only put 12.5 gallons in it.
Where's that come from - a Prius?
Our 4xe fill numbers - and BTW - the low fuel light never ever came on during this trip. My wife would have had a fit if I let it get that low with her in it.

4xe - and these are the gallons I put in at each stop on the trip ->

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Tacoma - Here’s The New Competition! 🥊 Hybrid Model Added 🔋 1684461686453

15.5 gallons, I'd say that's pretty good on a small tank of 17.2 gallon size

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
only 4 cylinder options

1700 payload

6500 towing

and a dang tablet as a radio

No thanks
And those numbers don't blow away most Gladiators?

Don't underestimate a 4 cylinder engine today.
Check the specs of the Jeep turbo 4 cyl running on premium.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
When the 4xe light does come on, immediately fill it. Wife has run out twice since the 4xe goes from light on to out of gas in about 20 miles

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Where's that come from - a Prius?
Our 4xe fill numbers - and BTW - the low fuel light never ever came on during this trip. My wife would have had a fit if I let it get that low with her in it.

4xe - and these are the gallons I put in at each stop on the trip ->

1684461686453.png

15.5 gallons, I'd say that's pretty good on a small tank of 17.2 gallon size
It's 12.5 gallons. My wife has a RX500h. Happens on every fill. Same with the Highlander hybrid. All over their forums. Techs claim fule gets trapped in the baffles.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's 12.5 gallons. My wife has a RX500h. Happens on every fill. Same with the Hylander hybrid. All over their forums. Techs claim fule gets trapped in the baffles.
Gladiator is worse IMO - can be down to 10 miles left and still only get 19 gallons in a 22 gallon tank.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I actually think it looks pretty good. I’d like to see and drive one in person, the previous gen was a pretty lackluster effort in terms of interior quality and driving experience.

Tank43

First Name
Tank43
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Sienna,
The trail hunter version looks interesting and glad Toyota is at least innovating. Toyota lured me away when Jeep bumped up their prices 20 years ago. But I'm too in love with my current JT to even think about switching back now. I will say I enjoyed my 2003 Taco and reluctantly sold it to a rancher there on the Big Island of Hawaii, probably not far from where they are filming. Bet its still running and pulling its weight around the ranch. I still have my 2008 Tundra parked outside. After I heard Toyota was a little shady about charging customers a monthly fee for remote start, I went back to Jeep. Plus the wife and kids love taking off the top and driving around. It's way more fun!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think Toyota over corrected a bit too much on the interior. The new Colorado interior looks better laid out and more thought out in my opinion.