Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I certainly hope not, that grill looks too much like they ripped it off a Renegade. I don’t hate it, but I don’t like it either. Perhaps it’ll grow on me over time.
I'm thinking the same thing about that grill. :facepalm:
Sponsored

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Thank goodness, no electric Gladiators.
Why are you happy they don’t offer more drivetrain options?
Strange stance to have. Whether you like it or not, I’m sure many other people will enjoy it.

Personally, I think the 4XE would be ideal for many many people. Your normal day-to-day, running the kids to and from school or to the grocery store, you would use no gas at all. But then on longer trips you have a regular ICE engine. Pretty much win-win really.

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
I was also wondering why. Personally, I’m a big free market type, so the more options consumers have, the better it is for everyone.

Unfortunately, some people are going to push-back on EVs no matter how good they get. It’s classic resistance… CJs… YJs… TJs… JKs… JKUs are the only “real” Jeep, and so on. Change can be tough for many, and most people will reject anything that they feel is being forced on them.

I could care less, I just want the choice to purchase what I’d like, and when EVs get to where I’m comfortable with them, I might migrate. The only way EVs will get better is to get the. Out into the market so companies will have financial incentive to innovate.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Please tell me what the EV buys you in the big, heavy Gladiator. Yeah, I guess you could run kids to school and back, but quite frankly unless they push the technology further than the point where you can get an extra 15 miles on EV, then I'll pass. To me, it's just technology built into the vehicle that always has the potential of breaking down, and is damn expensive to fix once you're out of warranty. When you could get 100 miles on an EV charge, well, then come back to me then.

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
EVs are nowhere near ready for heavy vehicles, except for maybe short distances. Most people only ever use their Jeep for normal driving, and most of those folks would probably love to show the world they’re “doing their part” by driving an EV to save the planet…

…they’re also the same dorks that don’t seems to want to understand that the power is coming from somewhere that’s probably using fossil fuels to generate it. It’s the same bunch that believe that businesses pay taxes…

Anyway, I just want them to give everyone the “option” to choose what is best for themselves. Over time, technology improves, but only if the market demands it to.

I for one will stick with my MOGAS Jeep for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I'm curious how hard it would be to upgrade to the new uconnect and dash, I'm currently waiting on my order and it should be here next month
I'll be keeping an eye on infotainment.com for an upgrade kit.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
My friend just bought a wrangler with the v6 pentastar with etorque... curious why that isn't available for the JT's?

snowbear

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Honda CRV
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Optional "Duck Rated" badge.

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
My friend just bought a wrangler with the v6 pentastar with etorque... curious why that isn't available for the JT's?
I have one of each. The chassis on the JTR is different than on my JLUR, the gas tank arrangement is different, etc. It just won't fit unless they redesign the JT chassis layout. Too bad because I like the full-time/part-time tranny on the JL and would like it on the JT.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
That grill is absolutely stupid. Why make a Wrangler (and probably the future Gladiator) look like a Renegade? Idiotic decision.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Please tell me what the EV buys you in the big, heavy Gladiator. Yeah, I guess you could run kids to school and back, but quite frankly unless they push the technology further than the point where you can get an extra 15 miles on EV, then I'll pass. To me, it's just technology built into the vehicle that always has the potential of breaking down, and is damn expensive to fix once you're out of warranty. When you could get 100 miles on an EV charge, well, then come back to me then.
An always on tap 375+ hp and 450+ ftlbs of torque. The electric range doesn't really matter to me, it's just a better driving experience.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Surprised at some of the EV hate here :) I have no desire to go full-EV in 2023 but given the Gladiator powertrain situation there is a lot to like about any of the PHEV options available. Sure I’d love the Hurricane I6 more but Stellantis doesn’t seem interested in giving us that so an option to give Gladiator class-leading power would be welcome for those that can use it.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Spoke with my rep at Gupton. You can order the 2024s but no pricing available yet. She did say new grill and instrument cluster are coming. I like the grill btw. May wait and see what happens before ordering.

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I was hoping for more info on the TTI6 Tornado engine. I'd definitely be interested in upgrading to that if it is in fact coming to the Gladiator, even if you won't be able to pair a manual transmission with it.
Sponsored