Sponsored

25k Gladiator orders already received confirms Manley!

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Did you read the article I posted? Better yet do your own search and see the bad news about Wrangler inventories. Then form your opinion like I did. The literature available clearly defines the problem. Jeep rolling of the factory floor is not translating to Jeeps rolling off the showroom floor.
Here is a sample of the multiple articles you will find including ones from Bloomberg and Forbes.
https://www.ttnews.com/articles/warning-signs-flash-detroit-jeep-wranglers-pile-dealer-lots
Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Did you read the article I posted? Better yet do your own search and see the bad news about Wrangler inventories. Then form your opinion like I did. The literature available clearly defines the problem. Jeep rolling of the factory floor is not translating to Jeeps rolling off the showroom floor.
Here is a sample of the multiple articles you will find including ones from Bloomberg and Forbes.
https://www.ttnews.com/articles/warning-signs-flash-detroit-jeep-wranglers-pile-dealer-lots
The easiest explanation is that Jeep managed to to go too far with pricing the JL. The JK sold in crazy numbers, maxing our production capacity and creating global demand for localized factories that could absorb production demand in places like China. Yes, automotive sales are down a bit across the board, but considering the success of parallel JK and JL sales for that few months that both were produced, clearly there was demand for a Jeep that wasn’t so expensive.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The easiest explanation is that Jeep managed to to go too far with pricing the JL. The JK sold in crazy numbers, maxing our production capacity and creating global demand for localized factories that could absorb production demand in places like China. Yes, automotive sales are down a bit across the board, but considering the success of parallel JK and JL sales for that few months that both were produced, clearly there was demand for a Jeep that wasn’t so expensive.
Agree. evident by the avg cost going up $16K over ten years. Meanwhile, the average selling price of news cars overall has only increased about $6300

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Agree. evident by the avg cost going up $16K over ten years. Meanwhile, the average selling price of news cars overall has only increased about $6300
I built a new JL with as close to the same equipment as my JK as I could. It was 46,730 vs. 40,980 in 2013. That is about 6000 increase. Plus, the JL has many things my JK didn't in that 46,000 price as well. The JL is much nicer as a base model then the JK was.

The option list is a big factor in everyone thinking of the price increase. There are more options now. So if you fully load it you paid more.

Using your 6300 as a ref. The price increase is really on par with others. The difference is that people love to mod thier Jeeps. The factory adding those mods in the option list so you don't have to spend another 10 grand after you get it home.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
One thing that FCA did with both JL and JT is they make options of what is standard on many vehicles being built today. My 08 ES350 had LED lights and proximity entry standard 11 years ago. We had a 2015 Nissan Quest that also had LED and all relevant safety features standard.

They are still selling JLs just not as quickly as anticipated. I read in a few places that they intended to run inventory up to carry sales during the plant shutdown but they overshot the landing zone and have almost 6 month supply of JLs on dealer lots.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I built a new JL with as close to the same equipment as my JK as I could. It was 46,730 vs. 40,980 in 2013. That is about 6000 increase. Plus, the JL has many things my JK didn't in that 46,000 price as well. The JL is much nicer as a base model then the JK was.

The option list is a big factor in everyone thinking of the price increase. There are more options now. So if you fully load it you paid more.

Using your 6300 as a ref. The price increase is really on par with others. The difference is that people love to mod thier Jeeps. The factory adding those mods in the option list so you don't have to spend another 10 grand after you get it home.
counter to that is all automakers keep increasing the standard equipment.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing that FCA did with both JL and JT is they make options of what is standard on many vehicles being built today. My 08 ES350 had LED lights and proximity entry standard 11 years ago. We had a 2015 Nissan Quest that also had LED and all relevant safety features standard.

They are still selling JLs just not as quickly as anticipated. I read in a few places that they intended to run inventory up to carry sales during the plant shutdown but they overshot the landing zone and have almost 6 month supply of JLs on dealer lots.
Very true....many things that are standard on others are options. Like Heated seats, LED lights, Cross traffic and BS monitors... Hell 300 bux for 4 switches and some lengths of wire? Yeah, think FCA is getting us in the front side and the back side

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
No. No it’s not. The base model JL has the same crappy lack of features as the JK did - Jeep didn’t add any features to the sport that weren’t on the JK X/sport, they just raised the price. It’s ridiculous that a 15k car can have CarPlay, power locks and windows, and air conditioning, but a $28k Jeep doesn’t.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
22k Wranglers sold in April. It’s a specialty vehicle. Geez, let it go. Toyota only sold 19k Corollas in April. Cheap cars vs. expensive specialty vehicles. Go bitch on the Toyota forum about their dismal high volume vehicle sales .

For me, I’d like to see Wrangler sales go to zero, so my resale increases when I can’t drive anymore. Then I can sell my 2-dr, 6-spd JLR at Barret Jackson for $100k in 25 years. . .

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. No it’s not. The base model JL has the same crappy lack of features as the JK did - Jeep didn’t add any features to the sport that weren’t on the JK X/sport, they just raised the price. It’s ridiculous that a 15k car can have CarPlay, power locks and windows, and air conditioning, but a $28k Jeep doesn’t.
I meant base Rubicon to base Rubicon.

Bigger brakes, bigger tires, bigger fenders and a suspension that can fit 35 (with the right wheel spacing. Way nicer radio. Just to name a few.

These are all things that a lot of people upgrade on the JK that the JL had standard equipment on the JL Rubicon. Just those things alone is 4 to 6 grand in parts and labor in aftermarket cost.

You also have floating Axels. That is another 3 to 4 grand in parts. Again stardard equipment on the JL.

I could name more if you want but I think you get my point.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I meant base Rubicon to base Rubicon.

Bigger brakes, bigger tires, bigger fenders and a suspension that can fit 35 (with the right wheel spacing. Way nicer radio. Just to name a few.

These are all things that a lot of people upgrade on the JK that the JL had standard equipment on the JL Rubicon. Just those things alone is 4 to 6 grand in parts and labor in aftermarket cost.

You also have floating Axels. That is another 3 to 4 grand in parts. Again stardard equipment on the JL.

I could name more if you want but I think you get my point.
Don’t forget the superior JL dashboard and touch materials. We’re talking light years of improvement. My JKUR radio never fit right in the center stack. Gaps were terrible. The JK interior sucks compared to the JL. Not even close.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y
Don’t forget the superior JL dashboard and touch materials. We’re talking light years of improvement. My JKUR radio never fit right in the center stack. Gaps were terrible. The JK interior sucks compared to the JL. Not even close.
Yeap. I can even add more. So that 6 grand in price difference from what I paid in 2013, gets me a lot. Plus there are options can add on top. Many of those options you didn't have when I ordered my JK.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Y

Yeap. I can even add more. So that 6 grand in price difference from what I paid in 2013, gets me a lot. Plus there are options can add on top. Many of those options you didn't have when I ordered my JK.
Funny thing is I paid less for my JLR in 2018 than I did in 2013 and have a superior vehicle. Take in inflation and it’s a bargain!

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Every car out there improves when it is redesigned..though not all depend on a 10 year life cycle. What you don’t see is a 10-20% increase in price with a typical redesign. Technology improves and often becomes LESS expensive as time goes on. Jeep has kept the Wrangler ahead of the pace for price increases. If the laws of supply and demand allow that, then great...but we may have just witnessed FCA slide beyond the peak of the curve.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
The thing is, The Wrangler has had a monopoly in its genre for quite some time. With the new Bronco coming soon in 2 and 4 door form, with removable roof and doors, the monopoly ends. We’ll see what competition can do for the consumers...usually it is to our benefit
Sponsored