Sponsored

25k Gladiator orders already received confirms Manley!

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Capacity of 100,000 Gladiators per year.

"As the Fiat Chrysler manufacturing plan now stands, the Jeep pickup will use all available space in the body-shop portion of the plant, effectively limiting capacity to about 100,000 units annually or what analysts expect the company to sell. That same plant was able to build 244,000 vehicles in 2017, the last year that the previous-generation Wrangler was made there. But the Jeep mid-sized pickup has a different manufacturing configuration that requires the truck beds and cabs to be built separately, cutting by more than half the production capacity that the plant had obtained."

https://www.toledoblade.com/busines...p-toledo-assembly-complex/stories/20180923047
So just some conservative math here:

• if they take a year to produce 100,000, that about (100k/12month) 8,500 completed per month
  • and if they already have 25,000 orders not yet started to complete
  • you're looking at a lead time of (25k/8.5k) 3 months to build your gladiator if you place your order today, then you've got a wait for delivery
I doubt the orders will continue piling up at this speed, I expect the mad rush will die down in a month or two and the lead time will go down 1.5 months or so. I think I'll wait until that time and see if there are any major issues in the mean time, maybe test drive one eventually.

Do the dealers place their own orders for vehicles without a customer lined up? Or does Jeep just send a few generic builds to every dealership?

Just wondering if the custom orders get production priority over the generic floor model builds.
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I thought it was only 75,000 a year, so /365 = 205 / day
IDK man, I think JL engine guy said max rate around 1K per day. Of course I drank beer and slept since I read that so I could be wrong
Okay. So JLengine guy said cycle time is around 2min30 sec. which is approximately 200 units in an eight hour shift. No idea where I came up with the 1K/day quote..... so I will blame it on beer (and plywood)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Okay. So JLengine guy said cycle time is around 2min30 sec. which is approximately 200 units in an eight hour shift. No idea where I came up with the 1K/day quote..... so I will blame it on beer (and plywood)
are they running 5 shifts / day????? just kidding.

are they running 3 though? 7 days a week?

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
I can see why .. I really think the Colorado is competitive but personally the styling just isn’t there . More and more manufacturers tend to produce mediocre styling and great value . In today’s society vehicles have become more of a personality extension versus years ago it was based on value .

People today are in the vehicle more .

I purchased mine because I’ll use it. And I like the styling of a Jeep Wrangler as I’ve owned many.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Nope, don’t care about this thread anymore. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
I had some more time to do some research this morning and was able to locate the attached article. After reading it it seems my instincts were correct. This article is from December 2018 so things my have changed but given the huge Wrangler inventories in would be inclined to think that inventories are static or even higher sale day numbers.
https://www.autonews.com/sales/jeep-wrangler-inventories-grow-even-sales-climb

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Suck it Taco, Ranger and Colorado fanboys. Not saying this will last forever, but for a product launch, this is a monumental sales success. Good news for the rest of us who are waiting patiently for our orders. The aftermarket will be huge and factory support on the platform means we will be donating more hard earned cash to FCA down the road.

Congrats Jeep, another raging success.
and another raging hard on for Manley ?

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
First off all, Congrats to FCA on a good week. This is good news for them, bad news for us as this will likely delay wait time for orders. Fingers crossed they will get moving sooner than later.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
He also said third shift added. So they'll add labor and lines based on demand.

Overall, this is where quarterly BS kicks in. We are at the end of the quarter. Here's the report. We are at exactly 25% of project after q1. Feel me? This is going to go straight off projection for 2 more quarters. End of q3 we might get a real figure. My 2c.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
What to look for is “days on hand inventory” that is how long it takes to move off a lot when ordered by a dealer.
Truer words have never been spoken here.

FCA starts worrying (and especially the line assemblers) when the supply equals 90 or more days.
For line people that means cut backs and loss of shifts.
Right now the JL is at 87 days.
Lots of uneducated thoughts in this thread.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Truer words have never been spoken here.

FCA starts worrying (and especially the line assemblers) when the supply equals 90 or more days.
For line people that means cut backs and loss of shifts.
Right now the JL is at 87 days.
Lots of uneducated thoughts in this thread.
I posted an article above stating that inventories are over 160 sales days. There are several more articles if you choose to search for them.

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.
Im just hoping that jeep can keep up with demand st the factory. I ordered my Gladiator rubicon 2 weeks ago and the dealer told me jeep wasn’t even letting dealers send out their own orders yet and we’re just receiving inventory of whatever jeep had produced up to this point. May not be getting mine till end of the year. Which sucks but st the same time Totally worth it knowing I’m getting it just the way I want and not over paying for things I don’t want

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
I posted an article above stating that inventories are over 160 sales days. There are several more articles if you choose to search for them.
Inventory of what?? Total fleet numbers?

My connection for data is thru direct FCA internal numbers.
For the JL it was 87 days, on Thursday May 2nd.

Now if you read into Mike Manleys FCA investor call last week supposedly the backlog was because of Toledo going offline for a retooling this Spring/Summer.
The whole fleet sales number is down YtoY. The only positive numbers where WK2 and something else I can't remember. Thats right Compass.... The Wrangler is hurting, now maybe people are holding off for the Glad, but new car sales across the board are in the shitter also. Financing numbers are high.

However the insiders speculate that the inventory numbers are the result of a sales downturn as opposed to the manufacturer creating a oversupply for the shutdown.

http://chryslermedia.iconicweb.com/...ales_April_2019e1jlt4sjnkkhcrv9qefb995anh.pdf
Sponsored