First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
I am so glad I traded my misfiring 3.6 for an ecodiesel. This type of failure is absurd.
Keep us informed on how it holds up. I wanted a diesel but there appeared to be some issues early on plus no MT option.

Ive had several diesel cars and trucks. When they are kept in good shape they are great and the torque curve is just perfect for the Jeep.

The current one is stock 2003 Ram 245k. I did have to replace injectors to the tune of 2800 but it runs perfect again and pulls like a locomotive which is its job.
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
So far holding up better than the two 3.6’s I’ve owned. 24k no issues.

Keep us informed on how it holds up. I wanted a diesel but there appeared to be some issues early on plus no MT option.

Ive had several diesel cars and trucks. When they are kept in good shape they are great and the torque curve is just perfect for the Jeep.

The current one is stock 2003 Ram 245k. I did have to replace injectors to the tune of 2800 but it runs perfect again and pulls like a locomotive which is its job.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
My engine started making a slight tick at 8k miles. Took it in for oil change at 10k for oil change and diagnosis. They said they couldn't hear anything and didn't do any tear down.

Took it in to a different dealer at 13k as the ticking was getting louder. They called to say I need four new cams and 8 followers. Now I am worried about the longevity of this engine. Hopefully the new cams and followers will be okay but seriously wondering what caused the issue in the first place and it seems like many of these engines that chew up the cams in the first place have it happen again.

(This is my second Mojave with the 3.6 and I also had a JK with a 3.6. Neither of the other two had any issues other than an oil pressure sender in the JK which was a known issue)

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
My engine started making a slight tick at 8k miles. Took it in for oil change at 10k for oil change and diagnosis. They said they couldn't hear anything and didn't do any tear down.

Took it in to a different dealer at 13k as the ticking was getting louder. They called to say I need four new cams and 8 followers. Now I am worried about the longevity of this engine. Hopefully the new cams and followers will be okay but seriously wondering what caused the issue in the first place and it seems like many of these engines that chew up the cams in the first place have it happen again.

(This is my second Mojave with the 3.6 and I also had a JK with a 3.6. Neither of the other two had any issues other than an oil pressure sender in the JK which was a known issue)
When was the first oil change?

Sponsored

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
I hear ticking all the time and when I post videos everyone says it sounds like a typical 3.6

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Here is the only video I have where you can hear it clearly.

• Wow
Reactions: DC3

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law
Here is the only video I have where you can hear it clearly.
Mine sounds like that, I also have this vibration at idle my cams are prob no good

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Will the cams throw a code if they sound like that?
Mine didn't show any codes, just ticking. The first dealer I took it to wouldn't tear into it to look because they didn't hear anything unusual and didn't have codes. It slowly got loud enough so that it was undeniable and the second dealer opened it up to look.

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law
Mine didn't show any codes, just ticking. The first dealer I took it to wouldn't tear into it to look because they didn't hear anything unusual and didn't have codes. It slowly got loud enough so that it was undeniable and the second dealer opened it up to look.
Was your idle in park also crappy?

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law
Oh I see so the sound became more pronounced as you where accelerating