First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Factory spec oil weight is too light for such a high rpm reving engine.

Light engine oil is for CAFE standard at the expense of engine wear and consumer's pocket
???? Hows does that compute? Light oils cools bearings better at high rpm.
Sponsored

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Programer
Iā€™m finally getting a new engine! No thanks to FCA.

Back when my insurance company approved my vandalism claim on my glycol contaminated transmission, they also approved the replacement of my coolant consuming engine. They had the evidence they needed that FCA engineers were not interested in investigating the internal leak, fixing it or replacing the engine (from 1000 kms to 32,814 kms) in spite of the oil analysis reports and volume of coolant I kept having to replace.

My insurance company adjusters (several of them involved) were sickened by the treatment I received from FCA and dealerships and tossed in a full r n r engine replacement Iā€™m having done next week.
Old thread but who is your carrier?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to say I got 70,000 miles on mine and never had a issue so far. I've never had to even top the coolant off one time.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Programer
Count our selves lucky.
Imagine all the weird issues and rumors that will be posted when electrics become common.
Oh you have the brand X mosfets? Those develop reverse leakage at subfreezing temps causing motor field burnout. And firmware. OMG. Forget about it.

Sponsored

HNTR

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave,Range Rover HSE,BMW M3
Occupation
Branding & Design, Online Marketing
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like Iā€™m watching a train crash and canā€™t take my eyes off of it with thread. I just purchased a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave with the 3.6 gasser and only have 1,400 miles on it. Iā€™m trying not to worry right now. Geez, if I had these kinds of issues, Iā€™d be pissed off too and probably try to head some warnings. That said, and unfortunately, there will be certain cases like this. Lemons are real. And a terrible run of manufacturing can happen by any manufacturer. I hope Mopar got this shit figured out on the ā€˜23. Sorry that youā€™ve had such a bad run with your Jeep.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Programer
I feel like Iā€™m watching a train crash and canā€™t take my eyes off of it with thread. I just purchased a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave with the 3.6 gasser and only have 1,400 miles on it. Iā€™m trying not to worry right now. Geez, if I had these kinds of issues, Iā€™d be pissed off too and probably try to head some warnings. That said, and unfortunately, there will be certain cases like this. Lemons are real. And a terrible run of manufacturing can happen by any manufacturer. I hope Mopar got this shit figured out on the ā€˜23. Sorry that youā€™ve had such a bad run with your Jeep.
Ive got a 2022 Mojave 3.6. 45K. So far zero issues and its seen a bit of flogging from many 1000mile loaded trailer pulls to redline off road nonsense. Clutch is really great now too. I will say the engine tune is not that well suited to the six speed. It comes on really strong around 5k buts its tough to keep it there on twisty dirt roads. Jeep, drop a bomb on the competition. Give us a 7 speed sequential option!
Sponsored