Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda intrested to see how this community feels about the primary power plant of the sickest truck ever made.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
3.0 owner, so I have no say. But my wife’s 18 JLU hasn’t had an issue in 6 years, although she only has 41k on it 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
3.0 owner, so I have no say. But my wife’s 18 JLU hasn’t had an issue in 6 years, although she only has 41k on it 🤷‍♂️
I'll add a pole option far ya.

Banned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Occupation
Mariner
I've had about 13 3.6's, if I'm counting right, never had any trouble with any of them, although I never had high mileage on them, except for the 2015 and 2018 JKU's we bought our daughters for graduation. they both have over 50k miles. One has been very poorly maintained, but they both run much, much quieter than both our 2023 Gladiators. I don't know what Jeep changed on the engine, but the JKU's run nearly silent, the Gladiators sound like they're swapping holes.

P.S. For Jeep to have perfected it by this generation, they would have had to give a shit it was defective in the first place.

Sponsored

DiehardTory

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retiree
Kinda intrested to see how this community feels about the primary power plant of the sickest truck ever made.
Are you using sickest in the sense of it is very cool and good? That's the younger Gen term. AND I have no issues with the 3.6.. have one in a 2013 JKU with 110,000 miles and it is going great.. SYK. I am 1 of the IDC WOT guys and run a Banks Pedal Monster .. That really kicked it in the ASS; Lights um up on the Hit!

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
the motor is good, and well designed for longvity for a regular daily driver. For me it is under powered which is why I supercharged it. Now with 326 hp to the rear wheels (37's) it has the right power I feel it should have for the way I drive it, but again I'm not doing basic/simple daily driving, I'm pounding the shit out of it

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll say it’s a GREAT motor in general and a good one for the platform. I think the awesome ZF transmission makes it shine brighter than what it is at times though.

Approaching 50k miles and I put the pedal to the floor almost every time I drive it. Not a single problem.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Gl4dy8r

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have a 2021 Mojave purchased new Feb 2021. It now has over 182,000 miles on it. Runs like it did when I bought it. Oil every 5-6k, clean my K&N air filter every other oil change. Stock gearing on 35s. On my 3rd battery. Wheeled it literally all over the country. Been a great engine for me in this gladiator. Had a 2015 Chrysler 200C with the same engine and it blew the head gasket at 165k. I know there will come a time it's gonna die, just hope it's on the road and not 20 miles from it...I have peace of mind because I have the Mopar max care unlimited mileage warranty until Feb 2028. That warranty is hands down the absolute best thing I have EVER bought. It has saved me at least $25k in repairsand comped rentals to date. They lost their ass selling me that warranty lol.
Sponsored