Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, enjoy your “branding” with the bolt. I cut off a 1/4” bolt head on my 1946 CJ2A in about 1979, the bolt head was real hot dropped hit my arm and was there a while, used pliers to get it off, so after over 43 years, I still have a faint outline of the bolt head on my arm! So enjoy your real Badge of Honor and show your grandkids someday……Jack
BC217965-7209-402B-A117-5FA175C7C59E.jpeg
This is the day it happened in May, and today. I’m pretty sure it’s here to stay. :)

3056B7EB-62E3-4D60-AF98-2F65AECC60FD.jpeg

88CEE637-FA0B-4929-9B82-C4C204155221.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 3.5” lift on 37” Nittos
Occupation
Software & Systems Engineering
Any time. I’d like that. Where in CO? I’m in the mountains in Summit co.
Jealous, I’d love to settle in more central CO at some point … I’m in the Front Range / Boulder County but usually out somewhere most weeks between Colorado 4x4 Rescue & Recovery missions, events / trail runs, & all the things the mountains have to offer. The snow has been falling great (so far) this season!

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is in fun here - (sort of)

You likely know that there are torque specs for new parts, initial or virgin assembly - then service torque specs where you check and re-torque............
So, gee, what do we do here?

Whatever works, I guess. It's not an engine or transmission.
If you were wrong, it will either come loose or you'll break the bolt. You get another bolt and go from there.
Indeed, I was being slightly sarcastic but also hoping for the best lol thanks for humoring me.

On a more serious note - the new bolts do go into the original motor mount weld nut threads from the top (which is why I torqued to what I found for original equipment and put some medium thread locker back on). After that they get locked down from the bottom with a second nylon lock nut that holds the skid brackets on. I feel they’re likely not going anywhere when that nylon is fully engaged but we shall see after wheeling for a couple weeks 🤷‍♂️.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jealous, I’d love to settle in more central CO at some point … I’m in the Front Range / Boulder County but usually out somewhere most weeks between Colorado 4x4 Rescue & Recovery missions, events / trail runs, & all the things the mountains have to offer. The snow has been falling great (so far) this season!
You’re on the CO 4x4 rescue team? Very nice. I had one contact with them well before any modifications when I was more of a beginner. I’ll tell you the story sometime. I’d very much enjoy helping with those recoveries someday. I really enjoy the logistics of a safe recovery.

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s very funny. I haven’t used an induction heater for this, but from your photos it was perfect for this. It might need to be added to my list. :)
It’s a great tool to have, it feels a bit more safe & precise than flame (especially in tight quarters or around turns, near plastics, near fluid lines, etc). I’ve used it for a several other non-Jeep things already too. It truly helps release really seized hardware on all sorts of things in seconds.

I’m also kind of curious how it can be used for removing stickers, emblems, etc as well as relieving stress for minor paintless dent repairs. I may give it a whirl on some random things (eg. a dented stainless trash can and camping gear lol) before stepping up to vehicle PDR.

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You’re on the CO 4x4 rescue team? Very nice. I had one contact with them well before any modifications when I was more of a beginner. I’ll tell you the story sometime. I’d very much enjoy helping with those recoveries someday. I really enjoy the logistics of a safe recovery.
Yessir, I've been on the (co4x4rnr.org) team for over a year and a half now ... it's been an absolute blast and it truly feels great to help others on a donation / no cost basis on top of getting out on the trail more. We really do fill a niche gap that normal tow services cannot bridge and take dispatching, monitoring, and safely running missions very seriously. Leveling up thru the ranks has gave me the opportunity take all sorts of very useful classes - basic / advanced recovery, driving skills, incident command, and medical training (currently a wilderness first responder, hopefully find some time for wilderness EMT this year). Going out on missions has proven to be rather addictive and always exciting, more often than not we learn and encounter something new in the field. Definitely send us a message if you're interested - we have some responders based out of Summit and Eagle counties but it'd be great to grow more in the area.
Sponsored

Last edited: