First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport; 2011 & 2012 Unlimited Jeeps
Occupation
Govt
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to infer you were wrong or not understanding, I just wondered what you had experienced. I think you'll probably get a near unanimous opinion that you need to regear for the 37's. Until then, enjoy your truck. It looks great!
Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I have 4.88’s on my 37’s and so far, it’s perfect imo.

If i was frequently using my truck to tow a camper id probably go 5.13; but ive talked to another member here extensively about his towing and he likes his 4.88.

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
I have 4.88’s on my 37’s and so far, it’s perfect imo.

If i was frequently using my truck to tow a camper id probably go 5.13; but ive talked to another member here extensively about his towing and he likes his 4.88.
Does your Mojave have the same engine, as the sport model (3.6L V6)?
Just making sure I am comparing apples to apples

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Does your Mojave have the same engine, as the sport model (3.6L V6)?
Just making sure I am comparing apples to apples
Yes

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
@Sno4Me Ill add that ive done a Pulsar, intake, and exhaust that makes a considerable power difference. But even then, when reviewing gears or answering gearing questions for people, i turn the tuner off to go onto the stock ecu file to ensure im giving people the best answer i can.

I have a video up of my truck holding highway speed just fine with 4.88’s on stock tune file.

Sponsored

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So what would you regear yours to be?

Providing that is the option I go with; like to know your recommendation
I’d go with 4.88’s. Your Gladiator has the power to move the 37’s but it will make for a had driving experience. You’ll get terrible fuel economy. I’m averaging around 14mpg on winter gas on my 35’s. It will just have less performance all around so merging you’ll be to the floor. When I ran my 34’s the performance was still pretty solid. 37’s are overkill if you daily drive it. 35’s will tackle most trails you’d take a gladiator off road.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Hell, I dont do anything extreme and I couldn't stand 3.73's with 35's.

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
All,
Thanks for the feedback and clarification.
I understand this alot more and hopefully others that search the 3.73 in forums will help in their understanding too.

I know enough to walk into the Custom Off Road Shop and open the discussion, but whos to say when he starts asking additional questions I still give the "Hmmm Look". Thx again

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
@Sno4Me Ill add that ive done a Pulsar, intake, and exhaust that makes a considerable power difference. But even then, when reviewing gears or answering gearing questions for people, i turn the tuner off to go onto the stock ecu file to ensure im giving people the best answer i can.

I have a video up of my truck holding highway speed just fine with 4.88’s on stock tune file.
KurtP,
You mentioned that adjusted your exhaust, so I am going to ask this and hopefully I did not make a mistake. When I purchased my used gladiator (8,150 miles), it came with an "after market" dual exhaust system w/double barrels on each rear side, instead of 1 single exhaust muffler going out the drive rear.

I requested the dealership to replace the muffler back to stock, as the noise output was very loud and overshadowed my radio.

The service department is still waiting on receiving the replacement parts.

Question is was this a mistake on going back to stock to reduce noise?

NOTE: Apologies to all for taking this thread off the 3.73 x 37" tire discussion

Sponsored

OP
OP
Schleg

Schleg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 3.73
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just bought my 2020 Gladiator Sport (3.73 Ratio) about 4 weeks ago, and it came with Falken 37" Tires and a lift kit. At the recommendation of my local Jeep Dealership, I added a stabilizer kit to keep the front end from shaking when i hit potholes and other bumps.

I'm in Oklahoma and we got hit with the great snowstorm. When I was out driving today, my tires were having trouble in 10-12" of snow, which puzzled me. I saw another Gladiator at the local Gas Station and drove over and discussed with him. He had a Rubicon, which has a higher gear ratio; no issues. He said having the 37's with the 3.73 ratio was the issue. He recommended upgrading the gear ratios or going down in tire size. I really like the look with the 37's, so upgrade is my next option.

Can everyone offer some guidance on what I could do to increase it's performance in snow. Besides snow, it may be used off-road some for Deer/Coyote Hunting. Would like to stay under $5K for upgrades, if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Kent

Gladiator.jpg

That is a lot of snow.
I’m on 35’s with 3.73’s. Now way would I do 37’s. The power is down and even calibrated 8th gear is rarely seen. I’m going 37’s down the road but I’ll regear before then.
KurtP,
You mentioned that adjusted your exhaust, so I am going to ask this and hopefully I did not make a mistake. When I purchased my used gladiator (8,150 miles), it came with an "after market" dual exhaust system w/double barrels on each rear side, instead of 1 single exhaust muffler going out the drive rear.

I requested the dealership to replace the muffler back to stock, as the noise output was very loud and overshadowed my radio.

NOTE: Apologies to all for taking this thread off the 3.73 x 37" tire discussion
no worries! I find these discussions take on a mind of their own, and usually they still ending up being very helpful for a lot of people.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
KurtP,

Im not entirely sure what the question is, so if this doesnt answer it shoot me a PM. If you mean going back to stock to avoid noise a mistake on account of lost power; imo no that wasnt a mistake. Having an exhaust thats too loud for you makes you miserable, and isnt worth whatever the gain might be.

Let them go back to stock and put a quieter one on later. Exhausts that are too loud suck.

Deleted member 30519

I had 35's on my 3.43 JL so the 3.73 feels like an upgrade. :CWL: JL was an auto though and JT is a manual. Would you guys recommend going with 5.13 gears if I plan on upgrading to 38s when my my 35s wear out? I remember someone saying they make Mopar gears to keep the warranty? Is this true?

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Thanks; the rumble sounds like a Mustang GT Turbo. Living in town; just too loud

I actually wrote it in the sales contract for the Dealership to replace the aftermarket dual exhaust to the single stock muffler; with no cost to me; was a condition for me to buy it.

The pic also shows a Snorkel on it, but I had that removed; plan on getting a light bar. While snorkels look cool, I would never use it. Told my teenagers that if u dive in water so high, you can not see the ground, you may never know there is a ravine/ditch/hole too deep in front of you, until it is too late. Jeeps don't float; well yet.

Based on everyone's comments, I will probably upgrade to the 4.88 gears ASAP. Before doing anything, I will confirm it doesn't interfere with my warranty.

I appreciate all of the quick responses too

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
So I have been reading this and other threads, and have the desire to upgrade/mod my jeep to possibly a 33 tire size, maybe larger.
My question is this:
If I went to a 33 tire, would I need to regear?
I have no desire to do serious off-roading, but may enjoy an easy trail some time.
For me, I just enjoy the looks of a larger tire filling out the wheel well, and may or may not desire to add a lift at some point, but for now, just want to have the larger tire.

I appreciate any input and or opinions.
Sponsored