Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
The Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 37x12.5x17 will clear the new Clayton Track bar, but, it will not fit in between the frame rails on a 17 x 8.5 Method bead grip rim. We (the guys at Discount/America's tire and me) could not get it to fit flat on the bottom of the bed mount - even with 6 psi. In the end, I decided to just use the Patagonia MT 37" as a spare because you can squeeze it between the frame rails at 8 psi or so on a 17x8.5 rim. I really wanted the spare flat against the bed mount.
So, I have 4 Goodyear 37 inch MTRs with a Patagonia 37 inch MT spare.
I may have to go this route. 37" Mastercraft Courser MXT fits in the spare mount, but will not tuck all the way up between the frame rails. Not good for my OCD!
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
The Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 37x12.5x17 will clear the new Clayton Track bar, but, it will not fit in between the frame rails on a 17 x 8.5 Method bead grip rim. We (the guys at Discount/America's tire and me) could not get it to fit flat on the bottom of the bed mount - even with 6 psi. In the end, I decided to just use the Patagonia MT 37" as a spare because you can squeeze it between the frame rails at 8 psi or so on a 17x8.5 rim. I really wanted the spare flat against the bed mount.
So, I have 4 Goodyear 37 inch MTRs with a Patagonia 37 inch MT spare.
So, in your professional opinion (or at the very least, your increased knowledge over mine); do you think a 18 x 9 Method bead grip rim with 37, KO2's would fit between frame rails and clear track bar? Note: am considering the 18 x 9 inch for possible future brake upgrade.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
So, in your professional opinion (or at the very least, your increased knowledge over mine); do you think a 18 x 9 Method bead grip rim with 37, KO2's would fit between frame rails and clear track bar? Note: am considering the 18 x 9 inch for possible future brake upgrade.
Yes, I think a 37" K02 would fit. They are known to be one of the smallest 37" tire. I also believe people on this forum in the spare tire thread have said that it fits. I was also thinking to use a BFG 37" tire as a spare, but, I picked the Patagonia as a spare because it was cheaper and the tread looked closer to the Goodyear MTR. However, I have never tried to fit a K02, I am just repeating what I read on this forum. In addition a 18x9 rim changes the equation a little. I think the people in the spare tire thread were trying 17x8.5 rims.
Note: The guys at Discount/Americas tire were really cool about it. I ordered 6 tires and 5 rims, and we tried the spare first with the Goodyear. When it did not fit, we installed it on the truck and sent one of the other unmounted Goodyear's back and used the Patagonia. Just explain to them what you are doing and they will probably accommodate. I did not pay anything until the end of the process when everything was installed.

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Yes, I think a 37" K02 would fit. They are known to be one of the smallest 37" tire. I also believe people on this forum in the spare tire thread have said that it fits. I was also thinking to use a BFG 37" tire as a spare, but, I picked the Patagonia as a spare because it was cheaper and the tread looked closer to the Goodyear MTR. However, I have never tried to fit a K02, I am just repeating what I read on this forum. In addition a 18x9 rim changes the equation a little. I think the people in the spare tire thread were trying 17x8.5 rims.
Note: The guys at Discount/Americas tire were really cool about it. I ordered 6 tires and tried the spare first with the Goodyear. When it did not fit, we installed it on the truck and sent one of the other unmounted Goodyear's back and used the Patagonia. Just explain to them what you are doing and they will probably accommodate. I did not pay anything until the end or the process.
Great Info..i just got a great deal on the Goodyear and was goin to try the CLayton RTB to make it fit..guess i have to go with the BFG either way. thanks!

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
tried asking on another thread but maybe someone here will know... trying to store my 5th wheel (Fuel Shok) and 37 in factory location but the black bracket that pulls through the hub isn’t long enough and keeping popping out when I start winching. see pics. any thoughts?

DC7E3A09-A38C-4CAC-89F6-F521B07BB830.jpeg

101BDBFD-073A-4305-8124-25E06570583C.jpeg

Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
I found that a (used) Mickey Thompson Deegan "38" MT in 37x12.5x17 fits perfectly on an OEM steelie. There was no drama lifting it into place and it clears the track bar with flying colors. It touches the rear hitch but it's not "jammed" against it. Fits the frame rails as well. I wasn't expecting this nice surprise :)

Jeep Gladiator 37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed 101BDBFD-073A-4305-8124-25E06570583C

Jeep Gladiator 37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed 101BDBFD-073A-4305-8124-25E06570583C
Also found a used 37x12.5x17 MT Deegan 38 for sale on the local classifieds. It functioned as a spare on a JKU Wrangler so there's plenty thread which might mean it might not fit as well as yours.

Its currently mounted on an older 2007-2013 JK Rubicon rim pictured below. Can anyone confirm this style of rim will fit on the JT? Offset is 44mm+ which is typical of all JK/JL/JT stock wheels but I don't want to assume only to find out one day when I need to use the spare...it doesn't.

9074-jeep2.jpg

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
Interested in the rim you are considering. I've got the 702s in 17 x 8.5 as when I looked the 18 x 9 didn't fit the bolt pattern.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I should have checked this thread earlier but I was following another similar thread about what tires fit under the spare location. I can vouch that Toyo 37" open country M/T do not fit. I'm using the stock steel wheel. Definitely at that to the list. :headbang: Has anyone removed the heat shield and seen if that makes any difference?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I should have checked this thread earlier but I was following another similar thread about what tires fit under the spare location. I can vouch that Toyo 37" open country M/T do not fit. I'm using the stock steel wheel. Definitely at that to the list. :headbang: Has anyone removed the heat shield and seen if that makes any difference?
If you're looking for something to help fit that larger spare underneath the truck, definitely check out our new rear track bar with a tire clearance bend!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-adjustable-rear-track-bar-2020-jt-0

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
For anyone else checking before buying you can get the actual diameter from tiresize.com (great info over there) and Discount I think lists actual diameter. I'm getting Falken MT's and it SHOULD fit on 8.5" wheel. From tiresize.com

" The 37X12.50R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T has a diameter of 36.7", a width of 12.9", mounts on a 17" rim and has 577 revolutions per mile. It weighs 81.8 lbs, has a max load of 3525 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 50 psi, a tread depth of 21/32" and should be used on a rim width of 8.5-11" "

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I’ll throw in my .02. Nitto Trail Grapplers 37s did NOT fit in the spare location at full air. I had to take it down to 20 psi on a stock JTR of which it barely fit. It pressed up hard between the hitch and the track bar. On a Metal Cloak Game Changer lift with their beefy track bar… the tire had to come down to 11 PSI and was a struggle to get it to fit. The way to get it up was get as close to the heat shield as possible and press up on the hitch side first. Then push like hell on the track bar side and the tire can be cajoled into place (at 11 psi).

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’ll throw in my .02. Nitto Trail Grapplers 37s did NOT fit in the spare location at full air. I had to take it down to 20 psi on a stock JTR of which it barely fit. It pressed up hard between the hitch and the track bar. On a Metal Cloak Game Changer lift with their beefy track bar… the tire had to come down to 11 PSI and was a struggle to get it to fit. The way to get it up was get as close to the heat shield as possible and press up on the hitch side first. Then push like hell on the track bar side and the tire can be cajoled into place (at 11 psi).
So your spare is touching the track bar? I completely aired down my 37" Toyo M/T with no luck. Between the passenger side frame rail and track bar I can't see a way to stuff it in there.

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
So your spare is touching the track bar? I completely aired down my 37" Toyo M/T with no luck. Between the passenger side frame rail and track bar I can't see a way to stuff it in there.
yep… had to press it good. You need to start with the tire hard pressed and seated up against the hitch. Then really push the tire upwards against the track bar. The track bar is smoother than the hitch as the tire gets stuck on the jagged metal of the hitch which is why you start from that side. Also, you can spray some 303 on the track bar and the tire slides pretty easily. The nittos are 36.78”… so it’s pretty close to spec tight. Not sure on the size specs of the Toyos, but if they exceed that, it’s gonna be tough.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
yep… had to press it good. You need to start with the tire hard pressed and seated up against the hitch. Then really push the tire upwards against the track bar. The track bar is smoother than the hitch as the tire gets stuck on the jagged metal of the hitch which is why you start from that side. Also, you can spray some 303 on the track bar and the tire slides pretty easily. The nittos are 36.78”… so it’s pretty close to spec tight. Not sure on the size specs of the Toyos, but if they exceed that, it’s gonna be tough.
Thanks for the tip I'm going to try this hopefully this weekend. 👍
Sponsored