Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Fitting between the track bar and receiver hitch is one thing, fitting between the frame rails is another.
My 37" Mastercraft MXT fit between the track bar and hitch, but hangs very low because it will not fit between the frame rails. I remove it and throw it in the bed when off road.
I am going to have to figure something out if I go an a overlanding trip where I need the bed space.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
So sounds like some combination of
  • The new Clayton track bar
  • Some grinding of the hitch
  • A different exhaust system that allows the removal of the heat shield
That 37s should be just fine in there. At what point does the frame become an issue for 40s? And since the frame there is not really load bearing, just supports the bed and is part of a very long rear crumple zone... what about notching it horizontally?
I found I did not need to remove the heat shield (Milestar Patagonia), I just removed one of the 2 nuts at the front and loosened the other. This allowed the shield to move out of the way just enough.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Fitting between the track bar and receiver hitch is one thing, fitting between the frame rails is another.
My 37" Mastercraft MXT fit between the track bar and hitch, but hangs very low because it will not fit between the frame rails. I remove it and throw it in the bed when off road.
I am going to have to figure something out if I go an a overlanding trip where I need the bed space.
That's what I am saying, why not notch those rails? Super minor notch needed to go from 37 to 40. 1.5" each side, call it 2" to be safe. Shouldn't affect much.

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good if you're into that kinda thing. Personally I bought a Jeep Gladiator because it's a pickup truck with a box that can carry stuff. That tire eats up >½ usable space and doesn't exactly help the view out the rear window.
thats what mirrors & a back up cam are for 😊. As far as the bed space, yeah it does take up room. Doesn’t stop me from loading up my spear guns & ice chest. lol ti each their own brother. But when there’s a will theres a way. My spare is still in there on the photo.

totally get where you’re coming from though. Especially of you use it to load up the bed on a daily. 🤙🏽

F6A4B237-445F-4C11-B4B7-BB0BA3929179.jpeg

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
So your gonna go and tow with that afterwards ??? Please no one do this unless you plan to re-engineer the frame section to support towing weight on the rear of the truck

Sponsored

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
So your gonna go and tow with that afterwards ??? Please no one do this unless you plan to re-engineer the frame section to support towing weight on the rear of the truck
easily removable With a twist of a few lug nutz 😊 but toeing still can be done. 🤙🏽

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
easily removable With a twist of a few lug nutz 😊 but toeing still can be done. 🤙🏽
I am hoping the emojis indicate sarcasm.
The backyard notching of the frame to fit a bigger spare is about the dumbest idea I’ve heard yet. If someone does have the skills and tools to properly notch a frame and add back material in order to keep the original rigidity and capacity, that’s one thing but I envision someone trying this with a torch and some angle iron. Yikes!

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I am hoping the emojis indicate sarcasm.
The backyard notching of the frame to fit a bigger spare is about the dumbest idea I’ve heard yet. If someone does have the skills and tools to properly notch a frame and add back material in order to keep the original rigidity and capacity, that’s one thing but I envision someone trying this with a torch and some angle iron. Yikes!
I’m sorry. I thought you were referring to the mount i have.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I have a Milestar Pategonia 37x12.5 under mine. Cheapest 37" I could find to throw on the spare wheel.
+1 for this tire. I'm running BFG KM3's, but just wanted an inexpensive tire for a spare. I had the Milestar Patagonia A/T 37x12.5x17 installed on my spare rim yesterday at Discount Tire. I asked them to only inflate it to 34 PSI. I saw the tech struggling to get it mounted under the truck, so I went out to talk to him. The tire was hitting my hitch, so I asked him to try airing it down to 25 PSI. He did, and it slid right in place. He said all of the tech's in the bay were saying it would never fit under the truck. He thanked me for the tip so they know this might work on other tire brands too. I carry a cheap tire inflator with me, but plan on adding an ARB compressor at some point.

Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Has anyone tried to fit a 38x13.5x17 Patagonia under the truck?

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if a 37" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 will fit underneath?

lanningb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
A 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro does barely fit. When comparing it side by side to the goodyear it was slightly smaller.

Jeep Gladiator 37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed PXL_20210821_181938664
Did you try to put the SST in the spare tire opening? The dealership just told me they don't fit.

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Dick Cepek Extreme Country fit?

lanningb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
A 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro does barely fit. When comparing it side by side to the goodyear it was slightly smaller.

Jeep Gladiator 37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed PXL_20210821_181938664
I was successful with the Coopers also. Had to get a wheel that worked though. The KMC wheels I have had a center hole that was too wide. Picked up a cheaper spare wheel and all fit like a glove.
Sponsored