Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I thought about cutting out that middle resonator (the one that goes up at and angle about where the cab meets the bed), and leaving the one on the back, or removing it, too, and just putting the turn-down back on there to give it some growl...Hopefully not sound like a V6 ricer... Curious to know how it would sound... These things are so new, can't find anything like it on the internet yet.
does the 3.0 have this as well?

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Why would they have binding when you can run the Spare in the front in 2wd.
What happens when your on the trail? Also Im not sure if the computers will like having that big of a difference

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
What happens when your on the trail? Also Im not sure if the computers will like having that big of a difference
It doesn’t care unless you’re in 4wd. And if you’re on a trail why can’t you limp off of it with a smaller tire. Its not like your running King of the hammers.

Look, I’m just playing devils advocate here. Trying to save you some money. I’ve been on 95% of the trails in Colorado and I don’t know how many in Utah and my spare tire has always been used to rotate in. There have been close calls sure but the chances of you needing something other than what you have, are pretty small.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
there’s also many clubs and private properties that require a full size spare…..I would guess they don’t mean 33 inch tire when you rocking 42s. It I guess it’s fine in the front if you disconnect sway bar and keep the axle open. if you flat in the rear just rotate around. that being said when do you actually need a spare ??? I have seen many tires pop off rims but they always went back on on the trail and have yet to see a sliced sidewall or anything that a plug could not fix

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Abs, traction control and stability control will all freak out when the smaller spare is turning a lot faster than the larger wheels.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Abs, traction control and stability control will all freak out when the smaller spare is turning a lot faster than the larger wheels.
And? It will still get you off the trail, maybe in limp mode but who cares. If it gets you off the trail that’s all that matters. All those funny little lights will go out when your tire is fixed.

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Yes and no, the computer will cut power and throttle.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Does anybody know of the grabber atx fits?
With a diameter of 36.8 I would be willing to bet that it’s in the depends categories. Seems as if if you running a stock rim it’s a definite no go. But with a wider aftermarket it would seem like it’s quite a possibility to be able to do so.
I do have some curious it’s on tire size and tread depth with given measurements though. We will see if my thoughts may be correct. I’m curious on this until O can get my rear swing out as well. The ATX do very well in the desert and snow. Otherwise I’d be leaning towards an MT that does well in the snow.

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
Just put a well worn 37” under there . Then they all fit. And theyre free .

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Just put a well worn 37” under there . Then they all fit. And theyre free .
Indeed. But when you are traveling into other countries it’s better to have a proper new full sized spare than relying on some well worn spare.